Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda - Heart of the Wolf

12 posts in this topic

Posted

(AN: I own absolutely nothing in this story; all characters and names mentioned within this story belong to Nintendo, that is except for my own should they be mentioned. There will be hints of spoilers later on based off of both Ocarina of Time™ and Twilight Princess™, but other than those points, the story is generally made up.)

The Legend of Zelda:

Heart of the Wolf

Prologue: The Rise of Shadows

A long time ago, in the ancient domain that was known as Hyrule was created by the very hands of the three goddesses. They created the solid Earth, brought forth night and day, and created the very life forms that walked among the land. When they ascended to the heavens, after their work has been done, the three goddesses left behind an ancient relic, called the Triforce, and kept it hidden in the Sacred Realm. Life in Hyrule looked like it reached a golden age, or so it seemed…

Those who sought to find the Sacred Realm, and to gain hold over the Sacred Triangles, ended up being corrupted and blind of their own actions. But over time, a dark power began to give rise within the land of Hyrule, and eventually, it found it’s way to the once peaceful Sacred Realm. The Goddesses foresaw the coming of these events, and gave birth to four light spirits to govern over Hyrule, and had them seal away the newly created Dark Power. The Triforce, however, was never again seen within the Sacred Realm, as it split apart and entered the bloodstream of three individuals.

No one would know who these three individuals are, and as such, it was the only way to keep the Triforce protected from those who sought ultimate power. Since then, the lives who governed the light, and the beings that hid in the shadows, have lived as polar opposites; unaware of the other’s very existence. The only gateway that kept them separated was a lone mirror, which rested in the Arbiter’s Burial Grounds, used to seal literally insane criminals as punishment, into the world of what was known, as the Twilight Realm. This mirror, was called the Mirror of Twilight…

According to legend, it is said that, should a tainted power ever appear in both realms, a hero was to be born, and to be able to banish this power from Hyrule. Within the small village known as Kakariko, lived a boy who had the blood required to be the hero, even though the boy, as well as the people around him, were unaware of his destiny. While he was on a delivery trip to the small village of Ordon, which resides in the forest to the south, a veil of what was seen as darkness covered most of Hyrule. However, when his horse was spooked by creatures of the darkness, he chased after it, where it wandered unknowingly into the darkness. What will happen to this boy; will he be able to make his way through every single trial that awaited before him, or will he fail his given destiny?

Posted

an interesting start.

Posted

(Oh, there's more to come yet, link759. Here's the first chapter, which isn't based off of any of the Zelda games.)

Chapter One: An Unintentional Meeting.

With his blade unsheathed, the 19 year old boy who was named as Link had it aimed at the three trolls that stood before him. The brightness of the noon sun reflected off the double-edged sword that he carried, which seemed nothing more than a simple broadsword. He lacked a shield in this battle; however, he knew that his abilities were more than enough to be able to take on a few simple beasts such as these. With one small battle screech, one of the trolls lunged at him; however, Link was ready and rolled out of the way, dodging it.

Acting quickly, Link swung his sword while the beasts guard was down, knocking it away while causing a gash to be formed from part of its side, and a little bit of its arm. However, before it had time to recover, Link jumped high and brought the tip of his blade down on the beast, running it through its stomach; ending its life in an instant. However, after he got off the dead beast, he almost ran into an attack caused by the second troll. Rolling away enough, he saw that both of the beasts were on either side of him, and he knew that he could take them both out with one blow.

The trolls both lunged at him, but it was too late when he yelled, “Shen Kai!

Posted

Chapter Two: What’s Going On?

After Link crossed the bridge that led to Ordon, he could’ve sworn he heard something move behind him, however, he believed that it was only his imagination. Navi continued to hover a ways ahead of him, but watched as he looked back, and began to wonder if he was just stalling. “Come on Link, we’re not too far now from Ordon now, so let’s keep moving!

Posted

interesting

Posted

Chapter Three: Meeting with the Princess…

After what seemed like a long time, Link was eventually brought to a dungeon cell, and his front left paw was chained to the ground. Not too long after, Navi came out of his fur and flew over to stand in front of the once skilled swordsman, who was now a wolf. “Link…?

Posted

I'll have to look for more additions to this fanfic.

Posted

Chapter 4: Return to Faron (Twilight)

Navi flew over to Link, who was still in wolf form, and looked him in the eyes, wondering if there was anyway for him to take the form of a human once more. Link looked around, and saw that the world was already starting to become as dark as night, and knew that he was probably in the twilight for quite a while. He was just starting to think that he didn’t have to at least have Midna around him, but that thought disappeared the moment her laugh came from what seemed like out of no where. That was the thing he didn’t understand; how could she be here when he can’t even see her?

That was, until he saw what seemed like his shadow came up and took shape of Midna, however, she was just as transparent as a shadow, except for the orange hair behind her mask, thing. “You thought you lost me, didn’t you? Well think again, Link… When you’re in the world of light, I take shape as your shadow, however, in the twilight; I’m my own person who doesn’t need to hide.

Posted

i'm impressed. it's been a while since i've read a fanfic as good as this one. i'll definately be looking forward to the next chapter.

Posted

Chapter 5: A Dark Power

As Link looked at Faron’s spring, Midna arose and appeared in front of him, now just a mere shadow in the world of light. At least, that was how it seemed from Link and Navi’s perspective, and it wasn’t long before both heard her eerie-sounding laugh. “Well, it would seem that your world has returned…

Posted

dude... you have a very interesting way of narrating, really...

but'( like many others) a lack of courage..

I mean: you could take a few elements...of TP..but create your own story...you can give the country and regions other names..and Link also..and he might have a family..??

I think that might lead to a very pleasant result!

don't see it a critic, because you really know how to describe... but see it as a helping hand ^^

greetings from belgium( and don't mind my evt. gramm. errors:p)

Posted

((I was actually going to tweak a few things compared to the usual storyline of TP, and might put in a few things from OoT (besides Navi), ALttP, MM, and MC, but it's mainly around the TP/OoT areas mainly, as I mentioned. But I do like your ideas, so yeah, thank you for some quite useful advice, Raffajel, and I'll keep them in mind for future chapters. ^.^))