your favorite character from zelda

44 posts in this topic

Posted

hey, i was wondering if anyone has a favorite character besides link, please vote and if you say other tell who is the other character.

Posted

skull kid. he's the bee's Patella

Posted

Midna was good, Zelda was good (in some games, anyway)...it's hard to decide. So, just to be different, I'm going with The King of Red Lions.

Posted

I always really liked Saria and Ganon/Ganondorf the most. =3

Posted

Why are all these from Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess?

noob

Anyways, I'm moving this and I'm greatly urged to just take your thread over and not make it so Ocarina of Twilight Princess biased.

I mean, I loves me some Marin.

And Vaati.

And Ralph.

And Alfonzo.

And Old Man/Old Man 2.

And Link's Uncle.

And Subrosian #4.

And Deku Tree #2.

And Linebeck.

And Linebeck the Third.

DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Where's:

Agahnim

Sahasrahla

Anju

Kafei

Tatl & Tael

Impa

Onox & Veran

Ralph

Ricky, Moosh & Dimitri

just to mention a few

Posted

Ocarina of Twilight Princess: Majora's Mask overshadows the other awesome games. For no reason because I believe OoX deserves more attention than TP.

Effing graphic whores. ):

I mean, Spirit Tracks is currently extremely awesome, for me.

Where is y'all from Spirit Tracks.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Ocarina of Twilight Princess: Majora's Mask overshadows the other awesome games. For no reason because I believe OoX deserves more attention than TP.

Effing graphic whores. ):

I mean, Spirit Tracks is currently extremely awesome, for me.

Where is y'all from Spirit Tracks.

Sahaqiel

Ehm Twilight Princess was a good game in it's own right, not because of the graphics :< It's probably the most epic Zelda game yet imo =/

OoX and ST do need more attention however. These are also fantastic games

Posted

Linebeck.

I win.

Posted

Yeah it's a good and epic Zelda game with a good atmosphere, plot, etc.

But so disappointing, and the fun factor kind of dies during the Water Temple, I believe. ): I mean it comes back, but it's not nearly as charming as some other Zelda games. The characters, though designed well, hardly have any problems, and are one-sided cardboard stands in terms of personality. The Old Man from LoZ was more interesting than many of the characters in TP. They just added gritty to everything and made it less interesting than it should have been.

I suppose that's my fault for hoping too much, but I can't quite help that when faced with all the stuff they said they'd do, but couldn't because of all the annoying fans.

The plot also did a random-jump-to-Ganondorf's-fault. Come oooon.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Yeah it's a good and epic Zelda game with a good atmosphere, plot, etc.

But so disappointing, and the fun factor kind of dies during the Water Temple, I believe. ): I mean it comes back, but it's not nearly as charming as some other Zelda games. The characters, though designed well, hardly have any problems, and are one-sided cardboard stands in terms of personality. The Old Man from LoZ was more interesting than many of the characters in TP. They just added gritty to everything and made it less interesting than it should have been.

I suppose that's my fault for hoping too much, but I can't quite help that when faced with all the stuff they said they'd do, but couldn't because of all the annoying fans.

The plot also did a random-jump-to-Ganondorf's-fault. Come oooon.

Sahaqiel

No, I disagree! All of the dungeons were fun, albeit easy.

Many of the characters were boring yes, but there were also a lot of interesting characters mixed in, as well.

I do agree that it was a bit to gritty.

And the Ganondorf-was-behind-everything made sense and connected the game to OoT's plot so I don't see what there is to complain about : /

It wasn't perfect but it was one of the best Zelda games.

Posted

The Werewolf howling is a bit of a joke in terms of musical instrumenting.

The music itself was kinda' too mellow for my tastes. There's almost no good upbeat and catchy tune that will be particularly memorable. I would say its most notorious song is Midna's Lament, and that's a very depressing song.

The night Hyrule Field song did portray an atmosphere, but why did it make me want to roll on the ground back and forth and just wait til morning. ): It was too night-y.

I was also disappointed with the sword sheathing spinny finisher thing.

Like, you can do the super cool sword spinny thing on a DEKU BABA, but not on a DARKNUT?

What kind of crazy place is this.

The atmosphere was good, I believe, but it was too heavy. At the same time, all that didn't matter because the people of Hyrule went about their daily lives like it's no one's business.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, I'm just saying other Zelda games are better than it. It lacks charm. It'll won't be remembered for a lot of things, rather mostly for the fact that it looks good.

That's the feeling I get from it.

Sahaqiel

Posted

The Werewolf howling is a bit of a joke in terms of musical instrumenting.

The music itself was kinda' too mellow for my tastes. There's almost no good upbeat and catchy tune that will be particularly memorable. I would say its most notorious song is Midna's Lament, and that's a very depressing song.

The night Hyrule Field song did portray an atmosphere, but why did it make me want to roll on the ground back and forth and just wait til morning. ): It was too night-y.

I was also disappointed with the sword sheathing spinny finisher thing.

Like, you can do the super cool sword spinny thing on a DEKU BABA, but not on a DARKNUT?

What kind of crazy place is this.

That was kind of the theme of the game :0

Wind Waker did the whole comedic light hearted bit

Twilight Princess did a more serious and dark(er) adventure, which is cool too

There are a lot of great tunes in Twilight Princes, but they are all moody which carries along the theme of the game, which I find completely fine. I particularily love the Boss themes, as well as Ordon Village, Hyrule Field, Kakariko Village and Faron Woods. And the howling is hardly an instrument. I wouldn't say there is an instrument in Twilight Princess, nor do we need one in it.

The atmosphere was good, I believe, but it was too heavy. At the same time, all that didn't matter because the people of Hyrule went about their daily lives like it's no one's business.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, I'm just saying other Zelda games are better than it. It lacks charm. It'll won't be remembered for a lot of things, rather mostly for the fact that it looks good.

That's the feeling I get from it.

Sahaqiel

I agree with your first point. It seems like the only people affected are the Ordonians and the Kakariko villagers, and everyone else carries on as if nothing is happening.

Twilight Princess is not the best Zelda game, I think, but it's one of the best. What the game suffered from is trying too much to be like Ocarina of Time, and a general lack of difficulty; but it was still very, very fun because of it's fantastic novel plot and terrifically dramatic cutscenes.

Posted

Point is, threads like these need more diversity.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I like the guards at hyrule castle in the beginning of Link to the past. Its one of the only times, if not THE only time in a zelda game a nameless, faceless enemy says anything or shwos really any kind of personality. It was the equivalent of a moblin talking in Wind Waker.