Linking the games together.

5 posts in this topic

Posted

All I can say is I am very sorry. This is a fricken history session, basically. If you actually read this, you deserve a cookie. Get comfortable, and get ready for HUGE spoilers.

Alright, folks, here's a theory for you. The end of Ocarina of Time happens. We now have Hyrule A, wherein Link follows Zelda's advice, and goes back in time, to lay the Master Sword to rest and close the Door of Time. You see this happening at the end of OoT, and it's a bit odd. If you look at Link's wrist, he doesn't have the Goron's Bracelet...weird...Navi leaves him, and he goes to see Zelda, who doesnt remember him. This basically means that Link went back to BEFORE he opened the Door of Time, as I doubt he just took the bracelet off and tossed it away while travelling through time, and there's little doubt in my mind that Zelda would forget him after charging him with the duty to save Hyrule. In fact, Zelda shouldnt even be in that room, Impa having carried her off when Ganondorf chased them away from Hyrule Castle and the Town. So it seems that Zelda really did let Link "regain his lost time", as she put it before sending him back in time.

So in Hyrule A, essentially, Link did nothing at all. His entire adventure is in Hyrule B, which means in Hyrule A, the Great Deku Tree is still dying, the boulder is still in front of Dodongo's Cavern, Ruto is still in Jabu Jabu's belly, etc. This raises yet more questions. Will the Kokiri children survive? Since Ganondorf's evil didnt raidate from the Temples in Hyrule A, because Link didnt open the Door of Time, the Deku Tree Sprout may be able to grow on its own...Volvagia wasnt revived, Zora's Domain wasnt frozen...all in all, the world is actually a better place, at least in the long run, as Ganondorf never got the Triforce of Power. Majora's Mask obviously has to happen in this Hyrule, as it shows Link meeting Zelda again at the end of OoT's credits, and in MM, it shows that she gives him the Ocarina of Time, and she says "Even though we just met, I've felt that we've always known each other", or something quite similar to that. The point is that it just proves the fact that in Hyrule A, nothing essentially happened, and Majora's Mask absolutely stemmed from this Timeline. What happens after MM, I dont know, and I wont make any stupid guesses at. Maybe Link came back, maybe he didnt, I dont know. What this means though, is that we now have two Hyrules, two Zeldas, two Ganondorfs...but apparently, only one Link. The one in Hyrule A came from Hyrule B, in the future. Majora's Mask starts at Hyrule A...and Twilight Princess and Wind Waker have to start from Hyrule B, where Link is no more.

Why? Because in this one, Ganondorf is trapped in the Sacred Realm with the Triforce of Power, Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom, and everything in the game of OoT actually happened. Link is a legend. Stuff like that. However...when Link left Hyrule B, where the game took place, he went to Hyrule A, on a different timeline. Since there is two of everything, except for him, that means if he took the Triforce of Courage with him, there would be two Courage pieces (the legendary Fourth Piece?! No, calm down, fanboys, sorry). Since that's unlikely to happen, the Triforce of Courage from Hyrule B most likely STAYED in Hyrule B. And what happens when a Triforce Piece is not within range of another Triforce Piece, or being held? It goes to the person who most deserves it, exactly like when Ganondorf tried to grab the completed Triforce in the Sacred Realm and Courage and Wisdom left him for Zelda and Link. So Ganondorf is in the Evil Realm with Power, Zelda more than likely dies after a while, and the Triforce of Wisom is passed on to someone else (maybe it stays in the Royal Family, Zelda seemed to actually know the most about the Triforce. Ganondorf just got power from it [little p on power this time], and Link never actually seems to use his, which probably means Courage is passive, or enhances already natural skills and abilities or something), and Courage is tossed around from person to person, most of whom probably dont know what they have.

Why do they not know what they have? Well, when Twilight Princess finally happens, a couple hundred years down the road (it may only be a hundred, but Hyrule B changed a LOT, and I'm not sure on the exact time, forgive me), Link doesnt seem to know what the crest on his hand means, it's explained to him (and the player) later in the game. And while it gives him the form of a wolf in the Twilight, he doesnt seem to use it for anything else in his life, at least prior to setting out on the adventure. In Hyrule proper, the people seem to have forgotten much. There is no mention of the Sacred Realm, ever, even though Ganondorf was kept there, and only the Spirits of Light speak of OoT Link, giving TP Link his tunic and telling him of the Hero (some say the Hero's Shade is a past Link. I think so, it may be true, I dont know, so it has no bearing on this incredibly long theory). That means that they've forgotten about Ganondorf, it seems, as well as the legends that surround him and OoT Link and Zelda. Now, another reason that I think that TP takes place a couple hundred years after OoT is that they've discovered the Twilight Realm, apparently thanks to the Goddesses. I have no idea how old the Mirror of Twilight is, but it's already a fairly ancient relic in TP, which means perhaps after OoT, they discovered the Twilight Realm and forgot about the Sacred one.

So the people have forgotten the Hero of Time, Ganondorf, the Sacred Realm, and the Triforce, thinking that the Triforce crest is just a sign of those 'chosen by the gods', which I guess is semi-correct...anyway, this is the main part where I start to guess just a little bit. In OoT, the Temple of Time was in Hyrule Castle Town, as was the Master Sword, the lock on the door to the Sacred Realm. In Twilight Princess, the Temple of Time is hidden deep in the forests of Southern Hyrule, barely connected to the Faron Woods. Since I doubt Hyrule Castle and the Town have moved, it's my theory that in OoT, probably soon after they trapped Ganondorf in the now Evil Realm, someone, probably the Current Sages (again, Hyrule B, the Sages were awakened, as opposed to Hyrule A) used their power to move the Temple of Time deep into the woods. Note that the Master Sword is a lock on the Evil Realm, not the actual DOOR to it. Link only went into the Sacred Realm from the Master Sword's Chamber because he was too young to be the Hero of Time, and after that, he had to go through their to put the Master Sword into the pedestal to become a child. It never shows Ganondorf actually in the Temple of Time, ever. So if the Sages moved the Temple of Time to Faron Woods, they just moved the lock that allows those who have the ability to travel to the Evil Realm to do so (please note that I exchange Sacred and Evil a bit, sorry).

So in Twilight Princess, Link gets the Master Sword (no idea on how the Temple of Time became a large dungeon, maybe the Sages did that too, no clue) and has the Triforce of Courage, Zelda the Triforce of Wisdom, and Ganondorf has the Triforce of Power. But isnt it odd that Ganondorf didnt USE the Triforce of Power until he died the first time at the hands of the Masked Sages? And isnt it oddER that Ganondorf is in Hyrule, yet he's only a murderous brigand instead of a world-dominating villian? And the strangest of all, he doesnt even recognize the Master Sword, going so far as to call it "an impressive looking blade...but nothing more". Shouldn't he remember the sword that killed him last time he was in Hyrule, that seems to strike him down every time he rises up? Maybe...just maybe we're seeing a different Ganondorf as well as Link and Zelda.

However, Ganondorf is still in the Evil Realm as well, as he himself says he escaped from there in Wind Waker. So if he was in the Evil Realm from OoT to WW...how did he get out into Hyrule in TP? My theory is this: when the Temple of Time and the Master Sword were moved to Faron Woods, it weakened the lock on the Evil Realm, and thusly Ganondorf's power. And after a few centuries, Ganondorf was able to create a reincarnation of himself in TP Hyrule, a sort of avatar. It did not hold his mind, really, but perhaps a bit of his soul, something that made Ganondorf B (as I've called him) just as evil as the Ganondorf stuck in the Sacred Realm. Ganondorf also gave Ganondorf B the Triforce of Power, hence Ganondorf B's ability to come back to life when killed, as the Blade of Evil's Bane was not the weapon that struck him down the first time, when the Sages trapped him in the Twilight World. In the Realm of the Twilight, Ganondorf B (who may be as susceptible to changing his shape in the Twilight as a normal Hyrulean) is seen as a large ball of rather evil looking fire with his face in the centre. Whether this is because of his tremendous evil or the Triforce of Power, I don't know, but he himself states that "The Twilit People's bitterness and hatred of the Light [especially Zant, it seems], helped him to regain his form and power". He became Zant's god, and the two of them escaped back into Hyrule. Zant says in the battle against him that his life is tied to his master's, to his god, Ganondorf B, hence Zant's neck snapping when Link kills Ganondorf B in TP. It is a sign that Ganondorf B has truly died, as his servant went with him.

Now, in Wind Waker, Ganondorf is seen to have the Triforce of Power again, and this Ganondorf is obviously the one from OoT, who was trapped in the Sacred Realm. In WW, we see that the Master Sword's resting place was moved again, this time to Hyrule Castle's Basement. It seems the Sages were probably the ones who moved it again (if they moved it the first time, that was just my theory) from Faron to here. While we never see the Kokiri boy Fado or the Zoran woman Laruto, their spirits are seen praying for the Master Sword's power. Maybe they pray because the lock on the Evil Realm has been moved so much. Maybe they moved the Sword and pedestal to the Castle's Basement. We never see any Kokiri in TP, but they may be hidden, or he may be a ghost that stayed behind and opted to become a Sage. Whatever the case, the Master Sword is moved again, Laruto and Fado are the only two Sages to be found (unless you count their successors, Medli and Makar, respectively), and Ganondorf, the real one, has escaped from the Evil Realm himself after being trapped in their by the praying Sages, the Master Sword, and the goddesses holy storm, which drowned Hyrule when no Link (or other hero) arose to save it.

At the end of TP, the Triforce of Power is seen leaving Ganondorf B, or at least powering down and leaving him to die. Perhaps, being filled with the power of Light and Shadow, a god of the Twilight, he could have survived, at least a bit longer, even with the Master Sword jabbed through him. But maybe the real Ganondorf tugged the Triforce of Power from Ganondorf B, making it return to him in the Sacred Realm. Or maybe Power just left him, as he was quite close to dying, to leave for the only other person who deserved it: the real Ganondorf. Through one of those two ways, Ganondorf gets the Triforce of Power back. Zelda (from either TP, or some other future Zelda who lived before the Goddesses drown Hyrule) breaks the Triforce of Wisdom in two, giving one two her children, who give it to their children, etc, and giving the other piece to the Royal Family to hold on to, which Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule's ghostly spirit does. The Triforce of Courage, oddly, is shattered into eight parts and hidden. They're all hidden in chests, as opposed to being in the open like the Triforce of Wisdom was in the very original Legend of Zelda, so that probably means someone did it on purpose. Perhaps the holder of Courage, at the time of the flood, or maybe just Link at the end of TP, decided to shatter and hide it until the time it was needed again, when WW Link found them all and united the pieces.

And there you have it. The longest post in the history of mankind that states my theory. Goes all the way from OoT, with Hyrule B, up to and through TP, and ending at WW, the last chronological game in the series. I have no idea if it's true or not, and while I've only gotten my information from beating every Zelda game numerous times, not a whole lot of what I theorized is actually stated. Maybe I'm nuts. But it's how I think the series happened, if TP is indeed supposed to be linked to OoT and WW. If it isnt...well, them's the breaks, I guess. Feel free to curse at me for wasting your time with this ungodly long post. If you have any questions, message me, and other than that, let's hear your comments.

Posted

All I can say is I am very sorry. This is a fricken history session, basically. If you actually read this, you deserve a cookie. Get comfortable, and get ready for HUGE spoilers.

Alright, folks, here's a theory for you. The end of Ocarina of Time happens. We now have Hyrule A, wherein Link follows Zelda's advice, and goes back in time, to lay the Master Sword to rest and close the Door of Time. You see this happening at the end of OoT, and it's a bit odd. If you look at Link's wrist, he doesn't have the Goron's Bracelet...weird...Navi leaves him, and he goes to see Zelda, who doesnt remember him. This basically means that Link went back to BEFORE he opened the Door of Time, as I doubt he just took the bracelet off and tossed it away while travelling through time, and there's little doubt in my mind that Zelda would forget him after charging him with the duty to save Hyrule. In fact, Zelda shouldnt even be in that room, Impa having carried her off when Ganondorf chased them away from Hyrule Castle and the Town. So it seems that Zelda really did let Link "regain his lost time", as she put it before sending him back in time.

So in Hyrule A, essentially, Link did nothing at all. His entire adventure is in Hyrule B, which means in Hyrule A, the Great Deku Tree is still dying, the boulder is still in front of Dodongo's Cavern, Ruto is still in Jabu Jabu's belly, etc. This raises yet more questions. Will the Kokiri children survive? Since Ganondorf's evil didnt raidate from the Temples in Hyrule A, because Link didnt open the Door of Time, the Deku Tree Sprout may be able to grow on its own...Volvagia wasnt revived, Zora's Domain wasnt frozen...all in all, the world is actually a better place, at least in the long run, as Ganondorf never got the Triforce of Power. Majora's Mask obviously has to happen in this Hyrule, as it shows Link meeting Zelda again at the end of OoT's credits, and in MM, it shows that she gives him the Ocarina of Time, and she says "Even though we just met, I've felt that we've always known each other", or something quite similar to that. The point is that it just proves the fact that in Hyrule A, nothing essentially happened, and Majora's Mask absolutely stemmed from this Timeline. What happens after MM, I dont know, and I wont make any stupid guesses at. Maybe Link came back, maybe he didnt, I dont know. What this means though, is that we now have two Hyrules, two Zeldas, two Ganondorfs...but apparently, only one Link. The one in Hyrule A came from Hyrule B, in the future. Majora's Mask starts at Hyrule A...and Twilight Princess and Wind Waker have to start from Hyrule B, where Link is no more.

Why? Because in this one, Ganondorf is trapped in the Sacred Realm with the Triforce of Power, Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom, and everything in the game of OoT actually happened. Link is a legend. Stuff like that. However...when Link left Hyrule B, where the game took place, he went to Hyrule A, on a different timeline. Since there is two of everything, except for him, that means if he took the Triforce of Courage with him, there would be two Courage pieces (the legendary Fourth Piece?! No, calm down, fanboys, sorry). Since that's unlikely to happen, the Triforce of Courage from Hyrule B most likely STAYED in Hyrule B. And what happens when a Triforce Piece is not within range of another Triforce Piece, or being held? It goes to the person who most deserves it, exactly like when Ganondorf tried to grab the completed Triforce in the Sacred Realm and Courage and Wisdom left him for Zelda and Link. So Ganondorf is in the Evil Realm with Power, Zelda more than likely dies after a while, and the Triforce of Wisom is passed on to someone else (maybe it stays in the Royal Family, Zelda seemed to actually know the most about the Triforce. Ganondorf just got power from it [little p on power this time], and Link never actually seems to use his, which probably means Courage is passive, or enhances already natural skills and abilities or something), and Courage is tossed around from person to person, most of whom probably dont know what they have.

Why do they not know what they have? Well, when Twilight Princess finally happens, a couple hundred years down the road (it may only be a hundred, but Hyrule B changed a LOT, and I'm not sure on the exact time, forgive me), Link doesnt seem to know what the crest on his hand means, it's explained to him (and the player) later in the game. And while it gives him the form of a wolf in the Twilight, he doesnt seem to use it for anything else in his life, at least prior to setting out on the adventure. In Hyrule proper, the people seem to have forgotten much. There is no mention of the Sacred Realm, ever, even though Ganondorf was kept there, and only the Spirits of Light speak of OoT Link, giving TP Link his tunic and telling him of the Hero (some say the Hero's Shade is a past Link. I think so, it may be true, I dont know, so it has no bearing on this incredibly long theory). That means that they've forgotten about Ganondorf, it seems, as well as the legends that surround him and OoT Link and Zelda. Now, another reason that I think that TP takes place a couple hundred years after OoT is that they've discovered the Twilight Realm, apparently thanks to the Goddesses. I have no idea how old the Mirror of Twilight is, but it's already a fairly ancient relic in TP, which means perhaps after OoT, they discovered the Twilight Realm and forgot about the Sacred one.

So the people have forgotten the Hero of Time, Ganondorf, the Sacred Realm, and the Triforce, thinking that the Triforce crest is just a sign of those 'chosen by the gods', which I guess is semi-correct...anyway, this is the main part where I start to guess just a little bit. In OoT, the Temple of Time was in Hyrule Castle Town, as was the Master Sword, the lock on the door to the Sacred Realm. In Twilight Princess, the Temple of Time is hidden deep in the forests of Southern Hyrule, barely connected to the Faron Woods. Since I doubt Hyrule Castle and the Town have moved, it's my theory that in OoT, probably soon after they trapped Ganondorf in the now Evil Realm, someone, probably the Current Sages (again, Hyrule B, the Sages were awakened, as opposed to Hyrule A) used their power to move the Temple of Time deep into the woods. Note that the Master Sword is a lock on the Evil Realm, not the actual DOOR to it. Link only went into the Sacred Realm from the Master Sword's Chamber because he was too young to be the Hero of Time, and after that, he had to go through their to put the Master Sword into the pedestal to become a child. It never shows Ganondorf actually in the Temple of Time, ever. So if the Sages moved the Temple of Time to Faron Woods, they just moved the lock that allows those who have the ability to travel to the Evil Realm to do so (please note that I exchange Sacred and Evil a bit, sorry).

So in Twilight Princess, Link gets the Master Sword (no idea on how the Temple of Time became a large dungeon, maybe the Sages did that too, no clue) and has the Triforce of Courage, Zelda the Triforce of Wisdom, and Ganondorf has the Triforce of Power. But isnt it odd that Ganondorf didnt USE the Triforce of Power until he died the first time at the hands of the Masked Sages? And isnt it oddER that Ganondorf is in Hyrule, yet he's only a murderous brigand instead of a world-dominating villian? And the strangest of all, he doesnt even recognize the Master Sword, going so far as to call it "an impressive looking blade...but nothing more". Shouldn't he remember the sword that killed him last time he was in Hyrule, that seems to strike him down every time he rises up? Maybe...just maybe we're seeing a different Ganondorf as well as Link and Zelda.

However, Ganondorf is still in the Evil Realm as well, as he himself says he escaped from there in Wind Waker. So if he was in the Evil Realm from OoT to WW...how did he get out into Hyrule in TP? My theory is this: when the Temple of Time and the Master Sword were moved to Faron Woods, it weakened the lock on the Evil Realm, and thusly Ganondorf's power. And after a few centuries, Ganondorf was able to create a reincarnation of himself in TP Hyrule, a sort of avatar. It did not hold his mind, really, but perhaps a bit of his soul, something that made Ganondorf B (as I've called him) just as evil as the Ganondorf stuck in the Sacred Realm. Ganondorf also gave Ganondorf B the Triforce of Power, hence Ganondorf B's ability to come back to life when killed, as the Blade of Evil's Bane was not the weapon that struck him down the first time, when the Sages trapped him in the Twilight World. In the Realm of the Twilight, Ganondorf B (who may be as susceptible to changing his shape in the Twilight as a normal Hyrulean) is seen as a large ball of rather evil looking fire with his face in the centre. Whether this is because of his tremendous evil or the Triforce of Power, I don't know, but he himself states that "The Twilit People's bitterness and hatred of the Light [especially Zant, it seems], helped him to regain his form and power". He became Zant's god, and the two of them escaped back into Hyrule. Zant says in the battle against him that his life is tied to his master's, to his god, Ganondorf B, hence Zant's neck snapping when Link kills Ganondorf B in TP. It is a sign that Ganondorf B has truly died, as his servant went with him.

Now, in Wind Waker, Ganondorf is seen to have the Triforce of Power again, and this Ganondorf is obviously the one from OoT, who was trapped in the Sacred Realm. In WW, we see that the Master Sword's resting place was moved again, this time to Hyrule Castle's Basement. It seems the Sages were probably the ones who moved it again (if they moved it the first time, that was just my theory) from Faron to here. While we never see the Kokiri boy Fado or the Zoran woman Laruto, their spirits are seen praying for the Master Sword's power. Maybe they pray because the lock on the Evil Realm has been moved so much. Maybe they moved the Sword and pedestal to the Castle's Basement. We never see any Kokiri in TP, but they may be hidden, or he may be a ghost that stayed behind and opted to become a Sage. Whatever the case, the Master Sword is moved again, Laruto and Fado are the only two Sages to be found (unless you count their successors, Medli and Makar, respectively), and Ganondorf, the real one, has escaped from the Evil Realm himself after being trapped in their by the praying Sages, the Master Sword, and the goddesses holy storm, which drowned Hyrule when no Link (or other hero) arose to save it.

At the end of TP, the Triforce of Power is seen leaving Ganondorf B, or at least powering down and leaving him to die. Perhaps, being filled with the power of Light and Shadow, a god of the Twilight, he could have survived, at least a bit longer, even with the Master Sword jabbed through him. But maybe the real Ganondorf tugged the Triforce of Power from Ganondorf B, making it return to him in the Sacred Realm. Or maybe Power just left him, as he was quite close to dying, to leave for the only other person who deserved it: the real Ganondorf. Through one of those two ways, Ganondorf gets the Triforce of Power back. Zelda (from either TP, or some other future Zelda who lived before the Goddesses drown Hyrule) breaks the Triforce of Wisdom in two, giving one two her children, who give it to their children, etc, and giving the other piece to the Royal Family to hold on to, which Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule's ghostly spirit does. The Triforce of Courage, oddly, is shattered into eight parts and hidden. They're all hidden in chests, as opposed to being in the open like the Triforce of Wisdom was in the very original Legend of Zelda, so that probably means someone did it on purpose. Perhaps the holder of Courage, at the time of the flood, or maybe just Link at the end of TP, decided to shatter and hide it until the time it was needed again, when WW Link found them all and united the pieces.

And there you have it. The longest post in the history of mankind that states my theory. Goes all the way from OoT, with Hyrule B, up to and through TP, and ending at WW, the last chronological game in the series. I have no idea if it's true or not, and while I've only gotten my information from beating every Zelda game numerous times, not a whole lot of what I theorized is actually stated. Maybe I'm nuts. But it's how I think the series happened, if TP is indeed supposed to be linked to OoT and WW. If it isnt...well, them's the breaks, I guess. Feel free to curse at me for wasting your time with this ungodly long post. If you have any questions, message me, and other than that, let's hear your comments.

Your Long post is confusing and makes no sense to me whatsoever. :wacko: ( <~ Spelling, anyone?) I kind of find it a bit hard to call it a theory. I'll stick with the Zelda Retrospective theory, thank you very much. I also stick by that there are THREE Hyrules, Hyrule A,B, AND C, C starting with Twilight Princess. Aside from my theory of Three hyrules, I stick with the theory of the Zelda Retrospective (Unless Phantom Hourglass Shatters this, then I will be confused until there is a good Explanation. MIYAMOTO, I'M WARNING YOU!!!!!!!!!!! TELL US THE ZELDA TIMELINE OR YOU SHALL REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywho, why don't we give others a chance to have THEIR Say on this matter.

Posted

This is what your trying to say.

Posted

Did you coppy EVERYTHING from that retrospective?

Posted

Did you coppy EVERYTHING from that retrospective?

Actually, I didnt even know the retrospective existed until it was posted here, I thought of all that myself. Probably why it was so freaking long. Plus, I didnt even think about the other games, I'm just talking about those three, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess. Thanks to Cotton Eyed Joe for posting that, though.