Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LoZ: Secrets of the Vorpal Portals

8 posts in this topic

Posted

As the godesses left our realm, they left behind three golden triangles. The place where they stood became the Sacred Realm.

This is what we Hylians know. But after extensive reasearch, energy, and magical concoctions, I managed to find a tale on the true way to access the Sacred Realm freely. For your own pleasure, I have written this story down. The secrets of the Vorpal Portals shall be revealed...

They started work on the castle town, after the massacre of the Blood Guardians had passed. Many joined to help re-build the town to its former glory. They first had to restore the Temple of Time, the only access point to the Sacred Realm that was known by the Hylians. The main hallway was in ruins, but the back hallway, and the door were completely protected from the evils. They had no time for speculation however, because the King of Hyrule himself was coming through to the Temple tommorow.

By the next morning, it was finished. As the King walked through the town, all were silent, and none dared to move. The King moved passed the age-old gossip stones, and into the restored building.

"Very good. The Chamber is completely protected. Waiting for the hero..."

Four Hundred and Seven Hylian years later, Link: The Hero of Time had defeated Ganon. All was peacful, and no wars were being fought. It was like bliss. But evil was stirring...

Inside the Sacred Realm's Chamber of the Sages, the power of the medallions were weakening, thus weakening their respective Vorpal Portals, destroying all access to the Sacred Realm by the sages. To restore them, the awakening evil must be stopped.

Link was quietly walking around the Kokiri Forest, when he bumped into Mido.

"What? Oh, it's you. What are you doing? Come to kill another Deku Tree?" Mido sneered.

"As a matter of fact, I live here. And before you say anything else, I did save you from the terror reigning over Hyrule, so watch your mouth, OK?" Link replied "I've battled so many evils that I could kill you with my thumbnail. Now, where's Saria?"

"She's in the Sacred Forest Meadow. I dunno why you ask. She told me that she would wait for a thousand years for you to return there, so she's there." said a slightly scared Mido. Link left him to run back to his house, then climbed his way to the Lost Woods. He listened to the music, and followed to reach the Meadow. He rushed up the stairs to the Forest Temple gates, and met Saria by the Warp of the Forest. Saria was not playing her song, however, she was playing the Minuet of Forest. As she played it, the Ocarina of Time glowed a brilliant green. Link pulled it out, and began to play with her. Each note played made both Ocarinas grow brighter and brighter, until suddenly, the Forest Medallion appeared by the Warp. It floated above Saria, and then Link, then back to the warp, where it transformed into a stone. The stone had markings on it, reminicent of a musical score. They both walked up to it, looked into eachother's eyes, and played the song. A brilliant green light enveloped them and the warp opened up, revealing the Temple of the Winds Breath, or the source of the Kokiri staying children. As long as the Forest Sheild remains in there, the Kokiri will stay children, and the Vorpal Portal will stay sealed. In a flash of light, Saria and Link were pulled into the Temple. A voice told them: "Saria... as the Sage of the Forest you must remove the shield from the statue to restore purity to the Sacred Forest in the Sacred Realm. The purity has left since Ganon was sealed. But he is not the biggest threat. Link, you must return to each of the areas that you awakened the sages in and play the song the medallion shows you. Each of these weapons is needed to destroy the greatest threat of all: the Sages of Evil. Once the shield has been removed, the first one will awaken, but do not fear. The Vorpal Portal does not work the other way round. They cannot escape without the help of a sage. You must meet Princess Zelda to gain the Sonnet of Wisdom to gain her the Staff of Wisdom. Do not fear..." Saria and Link found themselves in Hyrule Castle town.

"Link. How come I'm not... dead?"

"You're a sage, Saria. You cannot die by leaving a mortal forest. It will take much more. But come, we must find the Temple of Wisdom!"

-----------------------------------------------------Chapter 2------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Sonnet of Wisdom--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They made their way up the hills past the guards to Hyrule Castle. There they met Zelda, singing an unfamiliar song. They walked up and bowed.

"Please, don't. You two are my best friends, you don't need to bow!" Zelda said.

"Sorry, just trying to be polite. Zelda, do you know anything about the Temple of Wisdom?" Link asked.

"The...?" Zelda began to go into a trance, and then before her appeared the Triforce of Wisdom. It created a stone with another musical score on it. Link played it, and the courtyard began to shake and distort. A chamber rose from the earth, with a gleaming gold staff in the center. Zelda, like a zombie, walked to it, and pulled it from the chamber. She snapped out of her trance, and stood there with the staff. A huge rumbling occoured, and Zelda jumped into the air, held the staff high, and shouted:

"May the Wisdom show the sage that has not gained his triumphant title!" They all dissapeared in beams of gold light. They found themselves standing at the tip of Death Mountain.

When they arrived at Goron City, Darunia met them with open arms.

"Why, Link, I have not seen you in Dodongo's years! How have you been?"

"Fine, thanks D. I have a request. Can you take me and these girls to the crater?

"Why, of course! Anything for the Hero of Time and his girls!"

"Um, Link?" Saria piped up "I can't... go in there. I was born in the forest. I would burn before I could touch the Temple of Flames."

"Here, have this Goron Tunic. It'll protect you from the heat" Link gave her the tunic, complete with underwear and skirt.

*you got an item theme plays*

"Thanks Link. You're a real pal." They all entered the crater behind Darunia. They made there way to the Fire Warp.

"May I ask, Link, why have you wanted to come here?"

"All will explain itself soon, but for now I need your Medallion." Link said. Darunia passed the Fire Medallion to Link, and he placed it on the warp. It rose up, and instead of transforming into a stone, Rauru appeared from it. They all gasped and moved backwards.

"Do not fear!" Rauru commanded "I just wish to speak. Link, as you find the Sage's weapons, you are opening ways to the Sacred Realm for yourselves. Once the final Sage has gained their weapon, a great apocalypse will occour, sending Hyrule into ruins. To stop this, the Sages of the Evil Realm must be destroyed by you in the Temple of Time. I cannot take my weapon as I reside in the Sacred Realm evermore. Link, Hero of Time, I wish for you to take my place as the Sage of Light temporarily. I will then choose another to take the job. As you must battle in my temple, take your weapon last. Now, play the Melody of the Flames!"

He dissapeared in a blinding flash, and the Medallion once more transformed into a stone. Link played the song carved into it, and as he did, a circle of stone encircled them, and the warp opened revealing a shining hammer with the sybol of the Fire Medallion on the head. Darunia walked up to it and pulled the hammer out of the stone. The walls dissapeared and they were warped to Goron City again.

"Thank you Link. I will move and wait for you in the Temple of Time. I shall take the girls with me." Darunia stated.

"Very well. I shall go and meet Ruto to awaken her weapon, the Boomerang of Aqua. Goodbye." Link waved as he exited.

------------------------------------------------------Chapter 3------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Weakening Seal----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link rode Epona to Zora's Domain. He entered with Zelda's Lullaby and walked to Ruto's chamber. She was sitting by her mirror, admiring her Medallion.

"Knock Knock! Hi Ruto, It's me!" Link walked into the room.

"Link! Hi! What are you here for, have you made your decision? Will you marry me?" the Princess exclaimed.

"No. As you know I'm due to get married to Saria next year, so quit with the marrige proposals! I'm here to save Hyrule again, and I need your help. We have to go to Lake Hylia's warp point."

"Ok. I'm nearly done, I'll just put my Medallion away."

"Actually, we're gonna need that, so bring it along. We have some very important things to do"

They swam down to Lake Hylia and climbed up to the warp point. Ruto took the Medallion out and placed it neatly in front of her. It rose and again transformed in to a stone. Link played the song shown, and a huge whirlpool began in the middle of the lake. A huge building rose out of it, and connected itself the the warp platform. Both of them entered.

Sitting in a stone at the far end was the Bomerang of Aqua. Almost knowing excactly what she was doing, she walked up to it and pulled it out. A beautiful blue light enveloped Link and Ruto, and they were warped back to Zora's Domain.

"Th...Thank you Link. I shall wait in the Temple of Time for you to return."

"How do you know I'm going there?"

"When we were in that light, Rauru spoke to me. Thank you Link, and good luck finding Impa" she departed to Hyrule Market. Link found his way out, got back on Epona, and rode to Hyrule Castle.

Far away in the Sacred Realm, four of the Sages of Evil had awoken. They knew that the seal was breaking, and they were plotting a full scale attack on Hyrule, very soon...

------------------Chapter 4--------------------------------------------------------------

Open Warfare

As Link departed for the Shadow Temple, a dark cloud suddenly swept over Hyrule Castle and covered it.

"The seal is weakening..." Link told himself. He took out his Ocarina, and played the Nocturne of Shadow.

Impa was already waiting for him when Link arrived.

"Good to see you Link. Rauru sent me a message telling me to bring my Medallion here and wait for you. What do you need me to do?" Impa asked.

"I need you to place your Medallion on the warp." Impa placed it down, and a purple light engulfed it, and it became a shining purple stone. Link pulled out his Ocarina and played the song inscribed on it. The tune was like a lullaby, soothing the graveyard, and awakening the Temple of Darkness. It rose on a floating platform and connected to the with a bridge. The pair entered, and in the hands of a statue, was the Bow of Shadows. As if in a trance, Impa slowly walked to the statue, and lifted the bow out of its hands. Purple light enveloped them, and Impa was in the Temple of Time, but Link was at the Spirit Temple.

Naboru was sitting on the warp, meditating. The Leevers seemed to circle her, as if protecting. Seeing Link, Naboru stood up, and walked over.

"Link. I am pleased to see you. We must play the Howl of the Spirits quickly to gain the Cresents of Spirit. My Medallion is already on the warp. Quickly!" Naboru encouraged him. Link saw the garnet stone, pulled out his Ocarina, and played. Instead of a Temple appearing, Naboru was holding her weapons, and they vanished to the Temple of Time.

The other 5 sages were already waiting for them. Rauru's spirit appeared out of nowhere, placing the Light Medallion on the warp. It became a shining topaz stone, and Link drew his Ocarina. Playing the Finale of Light, the Temple shook, and where the Spiritual Stones lay, a pedastal rose up with the Mace of Light. Link walked to it, pulled the Mace, and the Temple walls crumbled to nothing.

The Sages of Evil stood all around them, swords held high, ready to strike. The battle for Hyrule had begun.

All around, Sage was battling Sage, Element battling Element, but nothing seemed to phase the Evil Ones. Not even blasts of magic would work. The evil was winning. Each sage fell one by one. They didn't die, but their power was drained. Link was the only one left. It seemed as though the end was nigh. It seemed so, until something happened. An eerie Twilight covered the Temple, and Midna appeared beside the Hero, beckoning him to give her the Mace. Link, thinking he was dead, did. Midna raised it, and held the Evil back.

"Now Link! Play the magical Song of Healing! We can transform them! I know I don't seem real, but search your heart! I have met your birth son! I know who you are!" Midna screamed. Link hastily pulled the ocarina, and played the Song of Healing. The Sages of Evil melted and merged into a mask. The Twilight faded, the Temple re-built itself, and in the Evil sages place, was a Mask. The Mask of Evils of Old. The sages awoke, and they and Midna sealed it into the Twilight Realm. Rauru's spirit appeared once more, and declared Midna to be the Sage of Light. The Vorpal Portals sealed forever, and the Master Sword became, dormant, waiting for the next hero to come...

THE END.

Posted

As the godesses left our realm, they left behind three golden triangles. The place where they stood became the Sacred Realm.

This is what we Hylians know. But after extensive reasearch, energy, and magical concoctions, I managed to find a tale on the true way to access the Sacred Realm freely. For your own pleasure, I have written this story down. The secrets of the Vorpal Portals shall be revealed...

They started work on the castle town, after the massacre of the Blood Guardians had passed. Many joined to help re-build the town to its former glory. They first had to restore the Temple of Time, the only access point to the Sacred Realm that was known by the Hylians. The main hallway was in ruins, but the back hallway, and the door were completely protected from the evils. They had no time for speculation however, because the King of Hyrule himself was coming through to the Temple tommorow.

By the next morning, it was finished. As the King walked through the town, all were silent, and none dared to move. The King moved passed the age-old gossip stones, and into the restored building.

"Very good. The Chamber is completely protected. Waiting for the hero..."

Four Hundred and Seven Hylian years later, Link: The Hero of Time had defeated Ganon. All was peacful, and no wars were being fought. It was like bliss. But evil was stirring...

Inside the Sacred Realm's Chamber of the Sages, the power of the medallions were weakening, thus weakening their respective Vorpal Portals, destroying all access to the Sacred Realm by the sages. To restore them, the awakening evil must be stopped.

Link was quietly walking around the Kokiri Forest, when he bumped into Mido.

"What? Oh, it's you. What are you doing? Come to kill another Deku Tree?" Mido sneered.

"As a matter of fact, I live here. And before you say anything else, I did save you from the terror reigning over Hyrule, so watch your mouth, OK?" Link replied "I've battled so many evils that I could kill you with my thumbnail. Now, where's Saria?"

"She's in the Sacred Forest Meadow. I dunno why you ask. She told me that she would wait for a thousand years for you to return there, so she's there." said a slightly scared Mido. Link left him to run back to his house, then climbed his way to the Lost Woods. He listened to the music, and followed to reach the Meadow. He rushed up the stairs to the Forest Temple gates, and met Saria by the Warp of the Forest. Saria was not playing her song, however, she was playing the Minuet of Forest. As she played it, the Ocarina of Time glowed a brilliant green. Link pulled it out, and began to play with her. Each note played made both Ocarinas grow brighter and brighter, until suddenly, the Forest Medallion appeared by the Warp. It floated above Saria, and then Link, then back to the warp, where it transformed into a stone. The stone had markings on it, reminicent of a musical score. They both walked up to it, looked into eachother's eyes, and played the song. A brilliant green light enveloped them and the warp opened up, revealing the Temple of the Winds Breath, or the source of the Kokiri staying children. As long as the Forest Sheild remains in there, the Kokiri will stay children, and the Vorpal Portal will stay sealed. In a flash of light, Saria and Link were pulled into the Temple. A voice told them: "Saria... as the Sage of the Forest you must remove the shield from the statue to restore purity to the Sacred Forest in the Sacred Realm. The purity has left since Ganon was sealed. But he is not the biggest threat. Link, you must return to each of the areas that you awakened the sages in and play the song the medallion shows you. Each of these weapons is needed to destroy the greatest threat of all: the Sages of Evil. Once the shield has been removed, the first one will awaken, but do not fear. The Vorpal Portal does not work the other way round. They cannot escape without the help of a sage. You must meet Princess Zelda to gain the Sonnet of Wisdom to gain her the Staff of Wisdom. Do not fear..." Saria and Link found themselves in Hyrule Castle town.

"Link. How come I'm not... dead?"

"You're a sage, Saria. You cannot die by leaving a mortal forest. It will take much more. But come, we must find the Temple of Wisdom!"

-----------------------------------------------------Chapter 2------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Sonnet of Wisdom--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They made their way up the hills past the guards to Hyrule Castle. There they met Zelda, singing an unfamiliar song. They walked up and bowed.

"Please, don't. You two are my best friends, you don't need to bow!" Zelda said.

"Sorry, just trying to be polite. Zelda, do you know anything about the Temple of Wisdom?" Link asked.

"The...?" Zelda began to go into a trance, and then before her appeared the Triforce of Wisdom. It created a stone with another musical score on it. Link played it, and the courtyard began to shake and distort. A chamber rose from the earth, with a gleaming gold staff in the center. Zelda, like a zombie, walked to it, and pulled it from the chamber. She snapped out of her trance, and stood there with the staff. A huge rumbling occoured, and Zelda jumped into the air, held the staff high, and shouted:

"May the Wisdom show the sage that has not gained his triumphant title!" They all dissapeared in beams of gold light. They found themselves standing at the tip of Death Mountain.

When they arrived at Goron City, Darunia met them with open arms.

"Why, Link, I have not seen you in Dodongo's years! How have you been?"

"Fine, thanks D. I have a request. Can you take me and these girls to the crater?

"Why, of course! Anything for the Hero of Time and his girls!"

"Um, Link?" Saria piped up "I can't... go in there. I was born in the forest. I would burn before I could touch the Temple of Flames."

"Here, have this Goron Tunic. It'll protect you from the heat" Link gave her the tunic, complete with underwear and skirt.

*you got an item theme plays*

"Thanks Link. You're a real pal." They all entered the crater behind Darunia. They made there way to the Fire Warp.

"May I ask, Link, why have you wanted to come here?"

"All will explain itself soon, but for now I need your Medallion." Link said. Darunia passed the Fire Medallion to Link, and he placed it on the warp. It rose up, and instead of transforming into a stone, Rauru appeared from it. They all gasped and moved backwards.

"Do not fear!" Rauru commanded "I just wish to speak. Link, as you find the Sage's weapons, you are opening ways to the Sacred Realm for yourselves. Once the final Sage has gained their weapon, a great apocalypse will occour, sending Hyrule into ruins. To stop this, the Sages of the Evil Realm must be destroyed by you in the Temple of Time. I cannot take my weapon as I reside in the Sacred Realm evermore. Link, Hero of Time, I wish for you to take my place as the Sage of Light temporarily. I will then choose another to take the job. As you must battle in my temple, take your weapon last. Now, play the Melody of the Flames!"

He dissapeared in a blinding flash, and the Medallion once more transformed into a stone. Link played the song carved into it, and as he did, a circle of stone encircled them, and the warp opened revealing a shining hammer with the sybol of the Fire Medallion on the head. Darunia walked up to it and pulled the hammer out of the stone. The walls dissapeared and they were warped to Goron City again.

"Thank you Link. I will move and wait for you in the Temple of Time. I shall take the girls with me." Darunia stated.

"Very well. I shall go and meet Ruto to awaken her weapon, the Boomerang of Aqua. Goodbye." Link waved as he exited.

------------------------------------------------------Chapter 3------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Weakening Seal----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link rode Epona to Zora's Domain. He entered with Zelda's Lullaby and walked to Ruto's chamber. She was sitting by her mirror, admiring her Medallion.

"Knock Knock! Hi Ruto, It's me!" Link walked into the room.

"Link! Hi! What are you here for, have you made your decision? Will you marry me?" the Princess exclaimed.

"No. As you know I'm due to get married to Saria next year, so quit with the marrige proposals! I'm here to save Hyrule again, and I need your help. We have to go to Lake Hylia's warp point."

"Ok. I'm nearly done, I'll just put my Medallion away."

"Actually, we're gonna need that, so bring it along. We have some very important things to do"

They swam down to Lake Hylia and climbed up to the warp point. Ruto took the Medallion out and placed it neatly in front of her. It rose and again transformed in to a stone. Link played the song shown, and a huge whirlpool began in the middle of the lake. A huge building rose out of it, and connected itself the the warp platform. Both of them entered.

Sitting in a stone at the far end was the Bomerang of Aqua. Almost knowing excactly what she was doing, she walked up to it and pulled it out. A beautiful blue light enveloped Link and Ruto, and they were warped back to Zora's Domain.

"Th...Thank you Link. I shall wait in the Temple of Time for you to return."

"How do you know I'm going there?"

"When we were in that light, Rauru spoke to me. Thank you Link, and good luck finding Impa" she departed to Hyrule Market. Link found his way out, got back on Epona, and rode to Hyrule Castle.

Far away in the Sacred Realm, four of the Sages of Evil had awoken. They knew that the seal was breaking, and they were plotting a full scale attack on Hyrule, very soon...

------------------Chapter 4--------------------------------------------------------------

Open Warfare

As Link departed for the Shadow Temple, a dark cloud suddenly swept over Hyrule Castle and covered it.

"The seal is weakening..." Link told himself. He took out his Ocarina, and played the Nocturne of Shadow.

Impa was already waiting for him when Link arrived.

"Good to see you Link. Rauru sent me a message telling me to bring my Medallion here and wait for you. What do you need me to do?" Impa asked.

"I need you to place your Medallion on the warp." Impa placed it down, and a purple light engulfed it, and it became a shining purple stone. Link pulled out his Ocarina and played the song inscribed on it. The tune was like a lullaby, soothing the graveyard, and awakening the Temple of Darkness. It rose on a floating platform and connected to the with a bridge. The pair entered, and in the hands of a statue, was the Bow of Shadows. As if in a trance, Impa slowly walked to the statue, and lifted the bow out of its hands. Purple light enveloped them, and Impa was in the Temple of Time, but Link was at the Spirit Temple.

Naboru was sitting on the warp, meditating. The Leevers seemed to circle her, as if protecting. Seeing Link, Naboru stood up, and walked over.

"Link. I am pleased to see you. We must play the Howl of the Spirits quickly to gain the Cresents of Spirit. My Medallion is already on the warp. Quickly!" Naboru encouraged him. Link saw the garnet stone, pulled out his Ocarina, and played. Instead of a Temple appearing, Naboru was holding her weapons, and they vanished to the Temple of Time.

The other 5 sages were already waiting for them. Rauru's spirit appeared out of nowhere, placing the Light Medallion on the warp. It became a shining topaz stone, and Link drew his Ocarina. Playing the Finale of Light, the Temple shook, and where the Spiritual Stones lay, a pedastal rose up with the Mace of Light. Link walked to it, pulled the Mace, and the Temple walls crumbled to nothing.

The Sages of Evil stood all around them, swords held high, ready to strike. The battle for Hyrule had begun.

All around, Sage was battling Sage, Element battling Element, but nothing seemed to phase the Evil Ones. Not even blasts of magic would work. The evil was winning. Each sage fell one by one. They didn't die, but their power was drained. Link was the only one left. It seemed as though the end was nigh. It seemed so, until something happened. An eerie Twilight covered the Temple, and Midna appeared beside the Hero, beckoning him to give her the Mace. Link, thinking he was dead, did. Midna raised it, and held the Evil back.

"Now Link! Play the magical Song of Healing! We can transform them! I know I don't seem real, but search your heart! I have met your birth son! I know who you are!" Midna screamed. Link hastily pulled the ocarina, and played the Song of Healing. The Sages of Evil melted and merged into a mask. The Twilight faded, the Temple re-built itself, and in the Evil sages place, was a Mask. The Mask of Evils of Old. The sages awoke, and they and Midna sealed it into the Twilight Realm. Rauru's spirit appeared once more, and declared Midna to be the Sage of Light. The Vorpal Portals sealed forever, and the Master Sword became, dormant, waiting for the next hero to come...

THE END.

WTF?

I Didn't Read any of that.....

Huh? :huh::wacko:

Posted

No point in replying if you didn't even read.

Posted

I liked it! Good short story :)

Posted

Good story.

Posted

how can you post fan fic? it wont lemme

Posted

Thank you!

Posted

really cool i like it