Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Link Cosplay

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey, for those of you who are into cosplay, especially cosplaying as Link, I've found these awesome elf ears. They're perfect for Link; they're longer than your usual ears, but notso long that they look like WoW Night Elf ears. They cost $25.99, and they come unpainted, so if you wanted to add a little more realism, you'd have to paint or makeup them yourself.

0dfcd0f8971f7baac19e08b7417061f3.image.250x292.JPG

You can buy them at Enchanted Costumes. The elf ears I use are from Aradani Studios, out of Nashville. They come to the Renaissance Faire in Tennessee. I bought the "anime ears" unpainted, because I couldn't afford the larger ears at the time. But I'm thinking about springing for the serious Link ears. These are the ears I have (below). The cost $12.00 a pair, unpainted, which is weird. I could have sworn I payed $15 for them out of Aradani's Ebay store. Bleh. They also cost $17 if you get them airbrushed.

smallanime.jpg

But these would be better for Link (below). They cost $30.00 unpainted, and $36.00 painted. These are probably the best Link ears you can find; they stick out kind of horizontally, a lot like Link's do in Ocarina of Time. But if you are trying to look like Twilight Princess Link, his ears don't really stick out like that, so one of the other ears would probably work better.

legendears.jpg

I'm going to the TN Renaissance Festival on Saturday, unless it gets rained out. AGAIN. :cry: I'll probably wait until later this year when I've got a little extra cash to upgrade my ears. My Link cosplay is looking pretty good these days. There's photos of me in my old outfit in the fan art section of the forum, but I've gotten a completely new tunic & hat made. I had someone else make it for me....the first one, which I made, fit terribly, and I had made a bad fabric choice, so I decided to let someone who knows what they're doing sew it. I've also gotten my Master Sword & baldric since then, and new bracers. I'm looking for a good leather belt pouch as well as new ears. And someday I might just buy a wig. I don't want to put any bleach in my poor hair. :fear:

Posted

Sweet Jesus, the first one looks like my 7th grade history teacher.

But these are p. cool, the first set of ears looks like the best choice IMO.

Posted

Cool. I wonder if they make Wind Waker ears. The last picture but smaller.

Posted

Cool. I wonder if they make Wind Waker ears. The last picture but smaller.

Technically there is a surgery that can make your ears look like WW Links ears forever, but this is only for die-hard Zelda fans who don't mind looking like Link even when they're on their deathbed.

Posted

Technically there is a surgery that can make your ears look like WW Links ears forever, but this is only for die-hard Zelda fans who don't mind looking like Link even when they're on their deathbed.

I want that! :joy:

Posted

Me too!

xD

Posted

blink.gif. . . Now that I think about it, I want that surgery too

1759387258_c94d393636_o.png I mean seriosly! Its small enough to be hidden if necessary, yet oh so cool!

Posted

I bet they couldn't do longer elf-type ears, like Link has. That would require adding more cartelidge and skin, wouldn't it?

I wonder how much those surgeries cost....

Posted