Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo Wii System Menu 4.3 Update Released

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Nintendo officially released a new Nintendo Wii System Menu update.
This update brings your System Menu version to 4.3, this update provides behind-the-scenes fixes that will not affect features but will improve the overall system performance, says Nintendo.

Of course this Update doesn't do or add anything really. If you want to know the real facts, read them after the jump.

(Homebrew users should not Update, as it removes/blocks Homebrew and after the jump I have a "bypass" to still be able to go on Wii Shop Channel on a lower System Menu/IOS.)

------

So far this is all we know:
[quote name='jdcomic' date='Jun 21 2010, 11:21 PM - At GBATemp.net']
System Menu 4.3 is out.

[b][u]New Titles:[/u][/b]
* IOS58 v6175
* IOS80 v6943 [b](System Menu IOS)[/b]

[u][b]Updated Titles:[/b][/u]
[b]System Menu[/b]
v512 (K)
v513 (E)
v514 (U)
v518 (J)

[b]IOS[/b]
* IOS9 v1034
* IOS12 v525
* IOS13 v1031
* IOS14 v1031
* IOS15 v1031
* IOS17 v1031
* IOS21 v1038
* IOS22 v1293
* IOS28 v1806
* IOS31 v3607
* IOS33 v3607
* IOS34 v3607
* IOS35 v3607
* IOS36 v3607
* IOS37 v5662
* IOS38 v4123
* IOS53 v4123
* IOS55 v5662
* IOS56 v5661
* IOS57 v5918
* IOS61 v5661
* IOS70 v6912 [b](STUB)[/b]

[b]Other[/b]
* Shopping channel v19 [b](To access below 4.3, use [url="http://gbatemp.net/t236577-new-system-menu-update-4-3"]this[/url])[/b]
* EULA (hidden) v3

[b][u]Exploit Status[/u][/b]
* Bannerbomb v1/2 - Blocked (Error 004)
* Twilight Hack - Blocked
* Indiana Pwns - Works
* Smash Stack - Works

[b][u]Other Homebrew Status[/u][/b]
* BootMii Boot2 - Unaffected (Not counting the update to boot2v4 from 4.2)
* BootMii IOS - Removed
* SNEEK - Works
[/quote]

And ofcourse the great Wiimpersonator!
http://wii.marcansoft.com/wiimpersonator/
There you can view changes, and new added stuff per region.

I'm not going to much into the update this time, as I don't feel like it's necessary.

Nintendo Wii Update Messages:
[Spoiler]North America
21/06/2010
Wii Menu version 4.3 is now available for your Wii console. To update your Wii Menu to the latest version, please select the Update button at the bottom of the screen or select the System Update option in Wii System Settings.
This update provides behind-the-scenes fixes that will not affect features but will improve the overall system performance.
Because unauthorized modifications to save data or program files may impair game play or the Wii console, updating to Wii Menu version 4.3 will also check for and automatically remove such save data or program files.
The Wii User Agreement, which includes the Wii Privacy Policy, has also been updated. Because the updated agreement applies to you and your use of the Wii Network Service, you should view the updated version by clicking on the Wii icon located on the lower-left portion of the Wii Menu, selecting Wii Settings, accessing the Internet setting, and selecting User Agreements.
You may also view the updated Wii User Agreement online at http://support.nintendo.com.
**Please note: If you've updated your Wii Menu after 6/21/10, you may not need to update again.
Thank you for updating your Wii console!
Nintendo
Europe
(If you have received this notice before, please disregard the following information.)
Dear customer,
Nintendo would like to inform you that a Wii menu update is now available. Select the UPDATE button on the lower right to update your Wii console. You can also update by selecting Wii SYSTEM UPDATE in the Wii Settings.

IMPORTANT

When the Wii Menu is updated, unauthorised hardware and/or software modifications may be deleted and unauthorised content may be removed as it may damage your console and/or cause interference with game play. Please note that the removal of unauthorised content may lead to immediate or delayed inoperability of your console. Nintendo cannot guarantee that unauthorised software or accessories will continue to function with the Wii console after this or future updates of the Wii Menu.
Note: if you have already updated your Wii console since 22 June 2010, you do not need to update again.
Nintendo
Japan
2010年06月22日
Wiiメニューを更新

Posted

Well I updated it as soon as I got the letter. I didn't understand what it meant though.[b][/b].[b][/b].[b][/b]

Posted

Nothing, just eats a quite few NAND writes and space. And only removes abilities to freedom. (Homebrew)

Well, as long they don't remove any real features it's ok. The Wii is already hacked anyway, heh.

Posted

Ah. I never learned how to use homebrew. So I guess it's fine.

Posted

We still can use Homebrew, but I didn't get into 4.3 yet and test the new TBR 1.13 (Trucha Bug Restorer 1.13) yet.
We might already have fixed the whole thing, including for Backup Loaders.

But indeed, you shouldn't care less. :P

But this are just the facts.

Posted

Updated -_- Im going to download the homebrew once the wii is unsupported by nintendo xD Well my warranty is up (Wii's only get 180 day worth). My friend modded his and said it was the best thing he did..

Posted

Nothing, just eats a quite few NAND writes and space. And only removes abilities to freedom.
[url=http://www.goodgoodschina.com/categories/jewelry/pearl-jewelry/wholesale-pearl-pendant]Pearl Pendant[/url]