Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo is No. 1

21 posts in this topic

Posted

The Nintendo Wii has become the best selling video games system of any kind in January in the U.S, and the fastest selling new generation home system.

------

As the independent NPD group said, Wii sold through 435,503 systems to customers in its January reporting period. That is about 70% higher than any other video game system in its first January of availability during the last 10 years. All that aside, the DS is still in the top spot as the best selling portable system, with 239,000 hardware and more than 2.4 million software units sold. In combination, Nintendo game systems accounted for nearly as many unit sales (46 percent of the total market) as those of all other manufacturers combined.

Beware, Sony and Microsoft. Beware...

Posted

Thats Awesome! :D

Posted

No surprise there, what with the ps3 being overpriced and the wii having a really cool controller as well as awesome games! :D

Posted

Just a simple question not relating to this. does anyone ever check the member forum instead of the news? :unsure:

Posted

YES!!
Suck on that sony and microsoft.
(Those proper nouns don't deserve capital letters)

Posted

HA! Sony deserves it. No, wait they deserve more. They deserve to be wiped of the gamng market, and sent back to their stupid little land of headphones that they came from!

Posted

woa owned. go nintendo.

i bet you that microsoft is going to copy nintendo and make a hand held as well. (like wat sony did with the psp)

Posted

Hah. yeah, Mikel summed it up nicely - Owned.

Posted

Sony is dumber than dumb and dumber :wacko:
well done nintendo :D

Posted

sony 'n' microsoft can go and suck eachother... :unsure: Nintendo powns them all!!

Posted

[quote name='The Great Evil!' post='30401' date='Feb 23 2007, 12:07 AM']sony 'n' microsoft can go and suck eachother... :unsure: Nintendo powns them all!![/quote]

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Resident evil "Game over Screen Appears* Sony and Microsoft....

YOU ARE DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Well, we all knew nintendo was number 1, and those reasons for making nintendo number 1 are:

1.Nintendo has been around for over 100 years (They started making playing cards back then)
2.The start of the ever so popular Mario, Link and Samus.
3.First to introduce the polygon graphics (3-D) with the N64.

Basically, nintendo started everything off.

But to be honest, like Mikel said, i bet microsoft will make a handheld, and if they do, that'll be pretty awesome. However, the size may be big, like we have seen with the XBOX; that was a huge, but powerful machine. I think microsoft will go far with making next gen consoles, but for sony, the PS3 will be their last.

At the moment, Nintendo and Microsoft have the upper hand in the gaming world, because, the nintendo wii is affordable, the xbox 360 is moderately affordable, and offers the amazing xbox live.

But what do we have to say for sony? The answer is how pathetic they are with making the PS3 a ridiculous price. I really do hope sony die in a hole.

Posted

[quote name='FLIP' post='30516' date='Feb 23 2007, 08:29 AM']Well, we all knew nintendo was number 1, and those reasons for making nintendo number 1 are:

1.Nintendo has been around for over 100 years (They started making playing cards back then)
2.The start of the ever so popular Mario, Link and Samus.
3.First to introduce the polygon graphics (3-D) with the N64.

Basically, nintendo started everything off.

But to be honest, like Mikel said, i bet microsoft will make a handheld, and if they do, that'll be pretty awesome. However, the size may be big, like we have seen with the XBOX; that was a huge, but powerful machine. I think microsoft will go far with making next gen consoles, but for sony, the PS3 will be their last.

At the moment, Nintendo and Microsoft have the upper hand in the gaming world, because, the nintendo wii is affordable, the xbox 360 is moderately affordable, and offers the amazing xbox live.

But what do we have to say for sony? The answer is how pathetic they are with making the PS3 a ridiculous price. I really do hope sony die in a hole.[/quote]

Yay! Viva Nintendo!!! :D
*Dances the "Viva-nintendo-or-something-Dance*

Nintendo is kewl :D

Posted

like my myspace quote is, "You just got NINTENDOWNED!"

Posted

Great Work Nintendo!!!!