Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

YLA's Pokemon hardmode Fire Red

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok so it sounded like fun so I figured I do it on my favorite pokemon game. (Well the remake anyway.) I just started so there won't be much.

Ok so I got my first Pokemon which was Charmander, my favorite.

charmander.jpg

YLA

So I got him and I beat Jerk. (I named my rival Jerk because I had nothing.) Then YLA grew to level 6.

Posted

Woah woah woah, nicknaming pokemon is a written-in-stone rule of hardmode. You have to do it.

Posted

lol cut him some slack, he didnt know.

Just nickname from now on, and if you want, use the namerater to change names later on.

Posted

/have/ to nickname em YLA, have to :I

I'm not being sarcastic too.

the three main rules I've always seen

nicknames for everyone

first pokemon on route is what you can catch, nothing else

and if they faint you release them

Posted

For the record, the nicknames are so you become personally attached to them, and dont allow them to carelessly faint, and dont feel apathetic when they die.

I think I'm using apathetic in the right sense there.

Its gotta be so that you're screaming at your computer because your pokemon fainted. Ask any one of us on skype, we know a thing or two about dying pokemon.

Posted

Ok I'll nickname them in the future. I have to start over anyway because "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed" according to the beginning of the game. If someone could tell me what that means I'd be grateful. (Maybe I'm just using a bad rom. >_<) I'm too lazy to use my copy. (And because I can't find my SP charger.)

Ok because some force in the universe hates me I have to save by using save states because I don't know whatan 1Msub-circuit board is. (I won't abuse them I swear. I don't even like using them, but it's the only way.)

So for that my first post will be edited.

In Viridian Forest I caught a Pikachu and named it Sparky. (I suck at nicknames so I chose obvious ones.)

l39.png

Sparky

I went to Pewter Gym with YLA level 13 and Sparky level 12. YLA just learned metal claw so I felt good. I beat his Geodude with no problems, but then his Onix took out YLA and all that was left was Sparky. The rest is history.

So yeah I was right it ended horribly. I may restart, but later. I'm too depressed right now to.