Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Short Twilight Princess Interview

12 posts in this topic

Posted

A transcript of an interview with Takashi Tezuka, General Manager of EAD Software Development and Department Entertainment Analysis & Development Division has been released. This interview took place at E3 2006. Sorry for the delay in getting this up...

------

Q. Can you please explain the new control elements in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess?

A. As you know this project has been developed all along for the Nintendo GameCube. Due to the development schedule and release timing we felt we could incorporate unique Wii controls into the game. Luckily for us the way Link traditionally uses and selects items translates perfectly into what the Wii remote offers. Selecting items is now truly natural and does not interrupt the game as it used to, and using items is more intuitive and fun than was ever possible. Using the pointing device Link can also interact with his environment unlike ever before. Just wait until you go fishing, you really feel like you are casting away and reeling them in.

Q. Can you explain why you decided not to have basic sword functions controlled by swinging the Wii remote?

A. It seems like a natural fit, but as we all know Link has to swing his sword a lot. This could get tiring for players after many hours. We didn

Posted

[u]THE[/u] suprise?

wonder what that means...

Posted

Well, about not being able to swing the controller for basic sword movements...that sucks! :( What I think they should've done is made it an option, so if the player doesn't want to swing they could turn it to button controls... <_<

Posted

AWWW! I wanted to find something out about Midna..hmmm..just a theory,but maybe Midna and Zelda are connected in some way? :huh: .....like a new alter ego...but she`ll never outclass Shiek!! Never,never,never! *voice echos*....if not,just kick me :P

Posted

Ive looked as hard as i can and i reckon that midna and zelda aren;t connected, they may still be but i think it seems unlikely.

well i've been saying the past few days on the forum that it won't have full tracking...
hopefully they'll put it in the next one at least as an option though.

Posted

Well,I finally made up my mind..since gamecube games are compatiable,it won`t be like i getting rid of my gamecube for the Revolution! So he`ll be able to get SSBB..and TP..mwahahaha :D ...that is,if mom is willing to cooperate :embarrassed:

Posted

Why do you so mutch know about Midna? And who is that Midna any way? :blink:

He told us that we will know more about Midna in the game so, paigents my friend. I cnat ether wait for the game. Im so exciting :P

Posted

The game Zelda Revolution! How is he? I mean what is he about? I just wanna know :P

Posted

[quote name='Daniel' post='1326' date='Jun 24 2006, 05:25 PM']Why do you so mutch know about Midna? And who is that Midna any way? :blink:

He told us that we will know more about Midna in the game so, paigents my friend. I cnat ether wait for the game. Im so exciting :P[/quote]

Midna is the one who manages to rescue Link when he is being held captive when he turns into the wolf. Not much is known but when Link turns back into a human, she seems to able to follow him around as his shadow. She's like Navi or Tatl, except less annoying I hope!

*crosses fingers*

If she is as annoying, I will shoot myself.

Posted

[attachment=76:attachment]Hey guys im new to this member crap but ive been going on the site be fore it was new and improved i was just lazy to join!!! How do i put an avatar??? :embarrassed:

Posted

[quote name='TwilightZelda' post='1218' date='Jun 22 2006, 08:53 PM']Well, about not being able to swing the controller for basic sword movements...that sucks! :( What I think they should've done is made it an option, so if the player doesn't want to swing they could turn it to button controls... <_<[/quote]
i agree it wood be so cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!