Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The End of the Space Shuttle

9 posts in this topic

Posted

When I first heard of the end of the Space Shuttle program I asked,

"What's next?"

Then I heard that NASA had plans to return to multi stage Rockets I called bullcrap!

"That's a giant leap backwards"

I thought, but now I'm thinking maybe it's all a ruse, this talk of rockets and capsules and the truth is that NASA is going to reveal the Shuttle's successor, The Space Plane.

For the past two Decades there have been constant reports of a strange craft seen flying above Area 51. This (according to unnamed sources) is the shuttle replacement "The Aurora" orbital reconasence aircraft.

The Aurora has fascinated people for years. according to eyewitnesses it is black and triangular, it flies whisper quiet and leaves a distinct contrail that resembles "Donuts on a Rope".

The Aurora will not need rocket boosters because it will take off like a plane. climb into the atmosphere using it's RAM engine, then they will switch to the SCRAM jet and punch it into space. Once in zero gravity they will activate the 3rd engine the (according to sources) Ion Pulse Engine. Unlike the ram and scram jets the Ion Pulse uses a stream of positively charged Ions to move the ship in the direction chosen.

Posted

Ion engines you say? So when do I get my TIE Fighter?

Posted

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Posted

GOD

DAMMIT

EKA YOU ARE A SLAVE TO TRENDS

Posted

spess

Posted

Whle we are on the space topic, Space Air.

Also, defund NASA. The US cannot afford a space program, and its holding back private space companies.

Posted

no more space air, we all died from that before, remember?

Posted

we just need to filter it.

That being said, it looks like we are actually placing some hope in multi stage rockets for any sort of real space travel (i.e. mars trips, returning to the moon). Looks like we may be doing some joint stuff with private industry/internationally, specifically with Russia, as much of the landing and living module would be designed after the living modules on the ISS.

Posted

no more space air, we all died from that before, remember?

No I just bough...(Pouts)