Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My new neighbor is weird!

7 posts in this topic

Posted

My downstairs neighbor moved out a couple months ago and a new guy rented the apartment. So anyway I meet him for the first time a few weeks ago as I was coming home from work at first he seemed really nice and then he got flustered and nervous and couldn't get away fast enough.

Well I learned later that the reason he got flustered was he saw my holster and gun underneath my jacket. A fact I learn the following day when I arrive home to a cop drawing down on me in my own Fraking driveway. Well after twenty minutes of explaining, phone calls and permit checks he leaves. I explained to my neighbor that I'm a Bank Security Guard and I have a concealed weapons permit. You'd think my Jacket with the "Securitas" patch would've tipped him off.

Posted

I wouldn't think that's weird.

More like, freaked out?

Posted

That's why I'm very particular about how I carry and conceal. I've only had one person ask me about it, and that was a neighbor who saw it when I helped him pick up his harley in his driveway and my shirt came up. Not a big deal, people around here are mostly accepting of it anyway.

Hopefully he understands now and that doesn't happen again, I hope I never have to deal with that myself.

Posted

It's not as if I was flashing it around and threatening people. If anything the cop was completely over reacting. He had me in cuffs while he was running down my permits.

Posted

That is ridiculous, but that's how cops react to "man with a gun" calls. Unfortunately, we live in a society that tends to blanket guns as evil and paints them and the people who carry them, even for a legitimate purpose, with a very broad brush. I wouldn't expect that you would be flashing it around, but a glimpse is all that is needed for some people, and that factors into what and how I am carrying any given day.

The cop overreacted, but I understand why, he is going into a call where he knows someone is armed, and not a lot of information except what dispatch got from a likely very frantic call. That being said, he could have, and should have, approached this in a different way.

Posted

The class is easy, good luck!

Posted

I didn't have to provide any job history, the sheriff ran their own background check and got everything they needed.