Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: Scion of Evil

2 posts in this topic

Posted

This is but one of the Legends the people speak

The twice blessed boy, clad in the emerald green of the forest had emerged victorious. His destiny in Hyrule fulfilled Link left the land of his birth in search of a missing friend.

His search brought him to another land deep in the thrawl of an ancient evil. But just as he did before, the boy summoned courage and strength beyond his years and defeated the evil with swift, justifiable vengeance.

And just as before the boy departed, to continue of his quest.

Years passed in the blink of an eye and the boy grew to be a man. He had many adventures, met many allies and made a number of enemies. But as far and wide as he traveled a piece of his home remained in his soul.

Chapter One: The Twenty First Birthday

"By the gods...it's burning!"

Link lifted his cap and shook the sleep from the fringes of his mind. As Epona stirred awake underneath him he stood and swept the dirt and grass off his tunic.

"Could you be any louder Simon?" Link asked of his companion.

To Link there was no more honorable friend than Simon Cromwell. A reformed thief, Cromwell met Link when the pair were locked up in King Harkon's dungeon. Simon was there for attempting to steal the crown jewels, Link for more selfless reasons.

"Happy Birthday friend Link." Simon said handing him a piece of stonewear with a yellow piece of cake on it.

"Thank you Simon...what is it?" Link asked.

"It's Napple Cake, it's a traditional food presented to men on their 21st year."

"Napple Cake...what's in it?" Link asked pushing the slice aside with his thumb.

"Eggs, Flour, milk, sugar and Timeron."

"Timeron...that's a very stong alcohol?

"If we were in Aggara, it would be made with Napple, a subtle alcohol made of fermented apples, but since we're in Tobin I had to substitute with Timeron it's sort of like Napple only it's made of Fermented Beets."

"I appreciate the Gesture Simon, but I'm gonna pass." Link said

"As you wish...more for me." Simon said shoving a large piece into his mouth.

"By the Gods it's foul!" he said spitting it on the ground.

"I'll leave it for the Bakablins." Simon said dumping the rest.

"I know what we'll do next Link." Simon said pulling a map from his saddle bag.

"We make for Jeona, it's right on Aggara's South border. We can get a Napple Cake that'll make you think you've died and gone to Jovan."

"As much as I'd like to Simon, I think it's time I rerurn home now."

"Home...as in Hyrule? That journey will take months on foot."

"Not if we cross the Hosan sea." Link said tapping the blue area of Simon's map."

"The Hosan! Link, the sea is treacherous. Seahats, Big Octos, Kyogre and God knows what else."

"You can stay Simon, but I'm gonna go with or without you."

"Why the change of heart, you spent 14 years avoiding Hyrule. Why now?"

"I....I have a bad feeling." Link said.

Simon knew all to well Link's feelings. He would often say that his friend was a prophet, and he grew to respect and beware Link's feelings.

"so when do we leave?"

Posted

this is great!