Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

America Quietly Dilutes Gun Laws

26 posts in this topic

Posted

I love my guns, I also have a carry permit. Now granted I only carry my gun when I'm working but it's good to know I can carry it wherever I want.

I'm also a collector, it started with my father giving me a gun he inherited from his grandfather, an M1 Garand and it has grown quite a bit. But alas one Gun lies just beyond my reach, an FN P90 that's my White Whale!!!!

Posted

Yeah, I've hurt myself with an empty assault rifle at cadets. Dropping one on your foot is not the best way to start the day. Having to get the scuff marks out of my dress shoes was annoying as well :<

Posted

Ahhh, the P90, I love that 'lil bullpup. I'd like to get that plus the FN Five-seveN, for the complete weapons system.

At a total cost of almost $2500, it will be a while before I get it though.

Ammonsa, I accidentally hurt myself with my .22 rifle cleaning it. Launched the entire receiver into my face. Not a good day. At least I didn't have to polish the bruise out though.

Posted

Woah, you can get a permit to carry a conceled weapon? Can civilians do that too?

Posted

Not it Illinois, or New York, or parts of California, but anywhere else, yes.

Posted

Boooo.

Posted

Boo to it being allowed, or it not being allowed where you live?

Posted

Not being allowed where I live. We all know the one thing I need is to be hiding a fire arm somewhere on my person.

Posted

Depends on the state and who hears you say it.

Posted

To a degree I don't have a problem with the idea of owning a gun for personal protection, but education and regulation is necessary.

Firearms are pretty heavily regulated here in Canada, since gun registration is mandatory and you need a license. I have used a gun for hunting and sporting purposes before, but I don't feel I need to have one.

You have a very good point, Chimetals. There have been several years in Canada where knife homicides outnumbered gun homicides. But I mean, restricting knives would be much more difficult, since they're needed for everyday non-violent uses.

Actually, over there in Canadia, the just removed required registration to own certian long guns.

Pheo, technically, they HAVE to give you a CCW, unless its totally banned by a law. They don't, however, have to make it easy.

I'm actually trying to track down an Officer's Luger with mother of peral grips that my grandfather brought back from WWII. It was stolen in the mid 70s when their house got broken into.

Posted

GMP,

That is entirely state by state, Arizona, Alaska, Vermont and Wyoming require no permit. Shall Issue states, such as MO, OH, MI, give them out when you have passed the requirements as set by state. May issue states like CA, NY, AL, generally require that a person show genuine need to the sheriff, so it is really dependent on what the sheriff will take as a valid reason. No issue states obviously don't issue, like Illinois.

Pheo lives in Illinois.

They don't have to give anyone anything, you may want to brush up on your firearms laws as they currently stand.