the mayans were talking about the end of the internet

23 posts in this topic

Posted

I personally don't like using the 3D effect on my 3DS, it really does giveme a terrible headache after like, 2 minutes of playing lol. A lot of people I know who have 3DSes, over here anyways, have the same problem. So yeah I'd argue that 3D effect... technology whatevers still has a ways to go in that regard. :x

For me it depends on the game. I can play Super Mario 3D Land with the 3D at full blast for hours and not feel anything. But I can barely sit through 10 minutes of Ocarina of Time's 3D. And some games require you turn the 3D effect down a little. It takes adjusting, but very few games are completely unplayable in 3D. In fact, it really enhances both SM3DLand and Pushmo to the point where, without the 3D, they would be far worse games.

on the contrary, ill get headaches after playing OoT3D for hours, and thats more or less after some frantic fighting where i lose my grip on where /exactly/ the 3ds needs to be held to prevent ghost images (i see two navis frequently). but the few times where ive started to get a headache, but wanted to keep playing, and had to kill the 3d....it felt like the game lost graphical clarity when i moved that little slider to the "off" position.

but yeah, the 3ds's 3d is ever so slightly tempermental, which isnt helped by my tendancy to move the system unconciously toward my face "in order to see better". and whenever ive handed someone my 3ds and said "go run around kokori villiage!" the very first thing they say is

(ignore the underscores, apparently hnet doesnt like extra spaces, and regular emoticons just cant show their face right)

\@|

____/

____\

/@(

how do you turn the 3d OFF?

despite the fact the slider is right there, and labled for them, and they own electronics of their own asdfgjk

Posted

|@/

>

)@\

Posted

how did you know secretly we all have telescreens installed in our homes over here? /rolleyes

Oh cas, it's hyperbole.

The UK has around 1 camera for every 32 people or so (this being the most conservative, one study showed 1 for every 14, and up to 11,000 in London alone), most of them indoors. Authorities can access these with little requirements, in fact, most of the systems are installed by one company, and linked to the police. Keep in mind that Britain is among the top worst countries for maintaining privacy of their citizens. Add in ANPR CCTV and you have the makings of Orwellian levels of surveillance in the UK, and they are only adding more cameras.

To be fair, the patriot act over here makes the U.S. just as bad for certain things, but damn, there are a lot of friggin cameras in the UK.

Posted

i remember one comic talking about how to keep the cameras from monitoring him when he was driving...he said he drove in the nude.

Posted

Yeah I mean I saw this one show (history channel, discovery, not sure one of those types of shows) where they showed someone walk from one side of the town to the other without ever being off camera. I mean that's crazy! What are the crime rates like over there with these cameras in? I'd assume virtually non-existent.

Posted

You'd think, but no, violent crime is still a prevalent issue in the UK.