Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Freeware Drum Machines?

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been looking for a decent freeware drum machine for a while, and I personally believe that I have

failed in finding one, so I was hoping, oh wonderful hnet, if you'd be so kind as to help me find one that

is not terrible and will save me from actually having to either build a crappy electronic drum set or

actually buy one. If I posted this in the wrong forum, I apologize....as I am an idiot and I don't know

where it's supposed to go.

Posted

I apologize....as I am an idiot and I don't know

where it's supposed to go.

Um was this prompted by my comments on your status update or something? That was just to make a few lame jokes I didn't mean it seriously. Anyways I don't know anything about drums sorry.

Posted

Most freeware drum machines SUCK. Or are free trials and require you to buy them or something.

FL Studio has a nifty sequencer/drum machine, being loop-based. You can use your own samples (something you probably want to do, because most freeware drum machines' samples suck) and manipulate them or whatever. It's also a free trial, but it's really great. It's fully functional other than that you can't save your project files. If you want something you can save your project files with and also is free, check out Linux Multimedia Studio; it's just about as powerful in the sampling/sequencing part. I know both the programs I recommended aren't just drum machines, but they're the best bet, probably. Except LMMS' interface is awful compared to FL Studio.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I used to have a legal copy of FL studio....I don't know why since cracking it is easier than getting laid, but I'm actually interested in an actual drum machine program, not just something to make loops. I was interested at getting my hands on EZdrummer, a program that quite a few of the metal bands I listen to use (surprise, drummers are lazy too), only problem is, they actually expect me to pay $200 for it...

I might actually give that linux thing a shot, as I haven't had much experience with anything linux based without totally hating it.

Also, Linkprow, that wasn't the reason I said that, it's because I have a bad tendency to post things in the wrong part of the forums.

Posted

it has full windows support ya

Posted

Awesome, I'll make sure to check it out.