Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Metal Gear Game Announced

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Quoted From Here:

Hideo Kojima announced that a Metal Gear Solid game is in the works. Avi Arad, who previously worked on The Amazing Spider-Man, will be working on this game as the producer. It will also be released by Columbia Pictures. For those who are afraid that this game is going to get molested like most Hollywood movies, Kojima promised that this adaptation would stay faithful to the source material. So I expect a sequence involving Psycho Mantis showing up and messing with both Snake and with the audience in some way.

So, a Metal Gear Solid game is coming out. I've always thought these kinds of adaptions for movies like the metal gear solid series have always been a really bold and risky step. If they're modeled after the source material, it's typical for the producers to have it made in a way that only appeals to the general public at the expense of honesty, and inevitably enrages the fanbase for getting everything wrong. If they're just based on the movie, or an extension of the movie, then they only serve to expand the universe the series is set in. If it's poorly done, then it's riddled with references and things that would only be understood by the fans of the series, while driving away anyone knew to the series who might have been interested.

Of course, it can still be done well, appealing to the fans and the casuals alike, much like Prometheus was to the Alien series. But that must mean that the only way a metal gear game could be successful would be if it served only to expand the metal gear universe. Wouldn't that be irritating, to have a Metal Gear game coming out that starred only side characters from the metal gear movies? Sure, it must be exciting to follow them around in their probably action filled lives that mirror the events of one of the games, but is it really the best choice for a game direction?

On that note, Two new Metal Gear Movies have been announced, but you can read about those in the article linked above, and also here, because I'm considerate enough to not make someone scroll all the way back up to fetch the link.

Posted

Something isn't right here.

Every time you use the word "game" it is turned into "movie", and vice versa.

Don't know what's going on here, but I'm excited for that movie. My only concern is how long will it be?

Posted

Every time you use the word "game" it is turned into "movie", and vice versa.

There is a joke hiding in there

This was scrapped a while ago. And Christian Bale was going to be Snake. But like I said, scrapped. But I guess it's back up again?

Christian Bale shouldn't get to be Batman and Snake. What a lucky asshole.

And Sir Ian McKellen shouldn't get to be Sauroman AND Dooku but look what happened there omg deal with it you butthurt fanboy

Posted

Robert Downey Jr. should be allowed to be both Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes.

That guy is puppying awesome.

Posted

Oh my god I trolled you so hard

chatroulette-trolling-untitled16.jpg

Oh my god how are you not familiar with the meme I can't believe you are you new to the internet man I'm gonna go get my friends to raid you

Posted

maximum-trolling.jpg

Posted

NO

YES

Posted

you got beat and you have to except it or you wont be a stronger person