Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zelda 2d Cancelled!

15 posts in this topic

Posted

As many of you may know, I've been working on a Zelda 2d project, essentially taking a similar style to adventure of link but ruling out the features that havn't been including in other Zelda games to date (Experience and Stat boosting for instance) and trying to turn it into the best flash Zelda game yet.

As you can geuss it was a big project to take on and everything has just got to be too much, i've always been ambitious and taken on big projects and never being able to finish them, but i feel i should bow out gracefully and cancel this project so i can work on more minor things to improve my flash skills

Thank you for understanding

Posted

hey dw. maybe in a few years when u get better at flash u can one day start it again.

im thinking on giving up on LoZ: GV because its too hard to get the main features working. hearts, sword swinging. enemies etc.

but instead, im making a more complicated project on a more advanced program for a more advanced game.

i may post some info on it sometime.

Posted

Well, I guess it wouldn't be as good as the 2D Halo game ;D
Halo pwns. But yeh, it would of been nice to play a 2D ocarina of time.
Much like they're still working on Metroid Prime 2D =D!

Posted

Aww that sucks :cry: Hope you get better at flash though. I once did almost the same thing, except with website requests for blends and banners and all that. They kept pouring in, and it was alot of pressure, and I wasnt even really that good with Paintshop Pro XI, so I went on hiatus and am still :) The next time I open them back up, I'll be alot better with Paintshop Pro XI :)

Posted

I understand. There is a reason why nintendo has a gigantic team that uses many years to finish a loz game. It would be amazing if one guy could have made one in a shorter time.

Posted

Oh, well. I understand why you cancelled the project.

Posted

At least you didn't fake your death.......

Enjoy life dont let it pressure you

I will fight for this webpage, my homepage....
Ganondorf333 is going down!

Posted

Hey! Don't worry, we all have our lives and we can do whatever we want with them! :D

Posted

Dammit, gingerlink. That's not how to cancel a project. You're supposed to be dishonest, you know, pretend you died or something.

... :P

Posted

It's all good, no worries :) - I've been wanting to learn to do that but haven't a clue how... can you direct me to tutorials or list programs I could start working with?

Posted

[sarcasm]
Hey guys, I just got a terrible phone call... Gingerlink is dead...
[/sarcasm]

Sorry, I had to do it. :embarrassed:

It's okay, GL. I'm sure you'll get better at Flash and start the project again when you feel like it.

Posted

:cry: that is very bad, well maybe someday you can try to do it again

Posted

Am I the only one to have noticed a specific point made in this post? I'll let the rest of you figure it out.

Dissapointed to know you gave in now rather than later down the line, but hey, nothing's to stop you picking it up again later.

Posted

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. That is the worst thing that ever will happen. :cry: [sup][/sup]

Posted

i can't believe you posted that AFTER i made the other news topic...