Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda the Dark Crystal chapter 4

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Chapter 4

The morning after the unusual events that ensued in Links home, Link was eager to warn the king’s council of the terrible force that was Zaragoar’s Crystal. But before the entering of the dark corridor that led to the council, he thought better. This was his mission; he would stop Ganon, not them. There were six shards left. Six chances to obtain a little more power. Link turned on his heal, and walked away. He packed all of his belongings that he could carry without tiring quickly. He set off as stealthily as he could and departed to find the rest of the shards of the crystal. He called Epona and loaded the horse with the biggorin sword and a few of the other heavy objects in his pack. Link mounted Epona and whispered in its ear, ”Let us go my friend.” Epona sped off as fast as a falcon as if she was a human and understood Link to the fullest extent.

A short while after sundown, Link found a small clearing in the woods and made a small shelter for himself and partially for his four-legged friend. Link was unafraid of danger for his exhaustion had overwhelmed him. He soon fell into a long, deep slumber full of dreams of ravens and mountains crumbling before a figure made of fire and shadow, he dreamed of great oceans parting for a great wolf made of ice and water, he had even seen a phoenix spreading fear and fire over Hyrule. Link woke up in a frenzy in the middle of a dream in which, in a world of darkness, he was standing alone, when a great light came out of the northern sky and enveloped Link and knocked him to the ground, and then he woke up. The dream was odd, but Link didn’t think much of it, although he couldn’t quite get it out of his head, it stuck there like a nest in a tree, it sways, but it doesn’t fall down. After an hour of travel, Link spotted a town on the horizon, a town he was unfamiliar with. Link in his younger days had studied the map of Hyrule countless times and, the town in the distance could only mean that, either he was going the wrong way or that it was a town that was left out of the map-making process; either on purpose, or by accident, Link was unsure. It seemed like a peaceful place so Link headed onward toward the village of thatch. After half an hour of solid riding, Link found himself at the gates of, not a town, but a metropolis. Could it be that his eyes were playing tricks on him thirty minutes ago? Whatever happened, Link pounded on the door because the dark clouds of rain were closing in and looked heavy with the burden of moisture. The next thing he knew was that a tall, slender but strong looking guard on a large warhorse was leading him through the now open gates. He seemed welcome for he was greeted with stares and the occasional cheer of gratitude. The guard led Link to a large palace of gold and diamonds, which faintly resembled the throne in which Ganon perched upon in the battle where he had lost his arm. The guard addressed Link, “I cannot accompany you any farther. You must walk strait down the corridor and through the door at the very end. You must not enter any other door. Farewell, hero” the amount of respect given to Link stunned him, most of the cheering was silenced by the guards and after a citizen was hushed, they apologized, as if to the air, and bowed to Link so low that Link was afraid that they would tip over like tin soldiers. Link did as was told and walked slowly and quietly down the long, wide corridor through the set of gargantuan, grand doors and walked into what, from Link’s observations, looked like the throne room. He was greeted by the king in such a way that made him wonder if he really was the king. “I am king Zrago, and you are my esteemed guest, the hero of time. I expected something a little more…” Link cut in with a note of sarcasm while the king was thinking, “Epic?” The king nodded his head in approval but it didn’t look like that was the exact word he was going to use. “You look like no one has explained who we are and why we have welcomed you into the city of mist so robustly.” Link shook his head, as he knew it would be impolite to interrupt yet again. “You should rest in one of the royal beds and I shall tell you of everything.”

After a long, dreamless nap, Link dressed and left for the throne room, completely replenished. King Zrago bowed and said, “I shall keep my promise, I will tell you everything. First let me tell you of Ganondorf, he was a quite boy in his childhood, he had friends, but not enough to be considered a popular figure in society, he was of noble blood, so no one disrespected him in public. One day in school, when he was nearing his fifteenth summer, he was instructed to pick a book from the library, study it, and then report to his class on what he had read, he was an educated boy and was looking forward to finding a good book when he came across a small corner of the library in which he had never seen, all the novels there were old, and covered in dust. He started on a large volume; entitled ‘Lost Powers of the Ancient Realm’ it was written in a flowing text that Ganon was unfamiliar with, though he could still make out what it said. He flipped through the pages and saw gods, wars and ancient artifacts that were being fought over viscously. On one of the pages, he saw a golden triangle, on another, a crystal as dark as the night sky. He soon discovered that the creator of the crystal was the god, Zaragoar. And was sucked into a world of questions, some with answers, some without. He tucked the book under his arm and started searching more. After a few volumes that meant nothing to him, he came across another interesting book, ‘Bloodlines of the Ancient Gods and Kings’ He was interested the moment he saw the title. (he was getting used to the swooping print used on the old novels) He flipped through the book, finding the page he was searching for, the page entitled ‘Zaragoar’. Apparently Zaragoar was a proud god and chose to wed another of his kind, her name was Din. The son of the two gods was named Zyargor, he married a common human, though his parents approved for she was of noble blood and rather beautiful, their son’s name was Zanthar the half-god, he married yet another god who was a descendent of Nayru, one of the three goddesses that created the tri-force, their daughter was Zry, which was short for Zrythette, she married a half-god who was living in the great halls of Hyrule castle, and their son, was I, Zrago.” Link leaped from his chair from either fright or amazement, “Settle down, young hero, yes, it is true, I am one of the descendents of Zaragoar. Now I must worn you, you must be ready for anything and, if you will be so kind, I would like to continue my story. I married a young princess who was fair and intelligent, and we had a son called Zarouph. This made Ganon leap and he pondered whether or not to tell anybody. His name of birth was Zarouph, he was part god, he had the power to do anything, anything at all. He tucked the volume tenderly back into it’s place on the shelf. He was mature enough not to brag about as most boys his age would but he was still exploding with pride and showed signs all throughout the day that he was hiding something. You look tired, Link, go and explore the city and return to me later.” Link was too stunned to acknowledge that he just got up and left.

chapter 5 coming soon! ( :cry: for those of you who care :cry: )

EDIT: I have been keeping track of the poll that asks if anybody would like me to continue the series, 66.66666666% said that they don't care, and 33.333333333333333% said that they haven't read it (there were only 3 votes) so, I have decided to continue.

Posted

moved into articles for you

Posted

Thank u! :D

EDIT: the thing in my siggy seams to be workin! It has a lot more than when I last checked! Holy goshgollygeewizz!

Posted

nice story

Posted

yay!!

(shvate, more people have veiwed chap. 4 than 3 :unsure: )

Posted

These are great!!!

Posted

thank you for your kind comments.

I will, as you wish, regretfully continue the series.

and Django, please don't come over and start cussin me out.

I've seen you do that with other fan fic writers.

just, don't do it.

Posted

whens chapter five coming! :wacko: it's been almost 2 months

Posted

whens chapter five coming! :wacko: it's been almost 2 months

uhhhhhh... soon?

Posted

I'm sorry, but I never saw chapter 1-3, and I haven't read this one either. could you repost them or something so I can read? Maybe you could put them in one post. That's all.

Posted

well they should be right there on the front page of articles and fan fiction...