Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Some More Gaming News!

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Found these off of IGN.com!

Mario Party Review:

Nintendo's original Mario Party was innovative in that it recreated in the digital world the rules and mechanics of a board game and then spruced the formula up with a wealth of mini-challenges. That was in 1999 - two years shy of a decade ago - and like clockwork the Big N has released a new entry into the series every year since, each sporting the same fundamentals with new virtual boards and mini-games. Clearly this copy and paste approach to the series is enough for some; the Mario Party titles were all best-sellers on GameCube and Nintendo undoubtedly hopes to repeat the success on Wii. However, if you've been following the series since its inception, as we have, this latest effort really shows its age - both mechanically and visually. Developer Hudson Soft had the chance to recreate or at the very least improve the franchise by taking advantage of the Wii remote, but Mario Party 8 misuses the controller as regularly as it capitalizes on it. The end result is a title that feels like a rushed GameCube project with last-minute Wii controls. If you're playing with your kids you might still have fun in spite of these inadequacies, but most will be bored by the tedious flow of the boards and the mediocrity of the minis.

Mario Party 8 is a noteworthy arrival on Wii because it marks the first Nintendo-published project that does not run in 16:9 widescreen mode.

To read more, follow this jump: http://wii.ign.com/articles/792/792495p1.html

Sorry if a review of Mario Party 8 has already been posted, I couldn't remember :embarrassed:

Harry Potter and the Order Of The Pheonix Vids: (some new ones!)

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/842/842199/vids_1.html

Posted

The Harry Potter one looks interesting... I really want to play it

But I still don't have a Wii :cry: