Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One of the Violentist Games in History is a Wii Exclusive.

37 posts in this topic

Posted

ESRB came in with their for Manhunt 2 recently, declaring it to be an AO game. Though most AO games get their rating from sexual content, Manhunt 2 gets it solely from violence, making this Wii exclusive the first game in history to get an AO rating from violence alone. It is also more than likely that Manhunt 2 is indeed the most violent game ever created. Rockstar (The developers of Grand Theft Auto) stated themselves that this would be the most violent game that they have ever developed.

Unfortunately for those who live in the UK, the game was banned from that area due to its graphic violence. A censored version may later appear in the UK, but that is currently unknown.

Posted

That's scary..." the most violent game ever created"

Posted

Violence alone?! :huh: Does the game also show blood?

Posted

wow ive never evenheard of that rating so it must be bad

Posted

[quote name='bmp112' post='50719' date='Jun 20 2007, 01:12 PM']wow ive never evenheard of that rating so it must be bad[/quote]

You never heard of the AO(Adult's only) rating? It's like M for mature, but uncensored I think if it has sexual stuff in it...but this game got it wih only one factor:Violence. Must be very violent, then....

Posted

[quote name='True Gamer' post='50720' date='Jun 20 2007, 08:14 PM']You never heard of the AO(Adult's only) rating? It's like M for mature, but uncensored I think if it has sexual stuff in it...but this game got it with only one factor:Violence. Must be very violent, then....[/quote]

It's like: "OMG MOTHER - F***ING VIOLENT!!!!!"

Wow. Violence ALONE. And "Teh gories game ever created." Creepy. :huh:

:ohmygod: :ohmygod: :o :ohmygod:

Posted

you know, that's kinda hard to grasp, "the most violent game ever created" i mean, in mortal combat, sub zero (ithink it's sub zero) rips people's heads off as well as the spine so you can see all the blood and the spinal chord, I mean, i guess it would have to show, i dunno... :wacko:

Posted

I found out about this yesterday.......BUT I AM STILL AMAZED!!!!! :huh:
I CANT EVEN IMAGINE HOW VIOLENT THIS GAME IS!!!!!!!
I guess the only way to find out is to play it. :unsure:

Posted

"The most violent video game in history?" :huh:

The violence in that video game must be really bad if it's rated AO.
And it's rated AO just for the violence!

Posted

Argh I wrote an article on this months ago and now I cant find it :(
Oh well.

Yeah, I didnt know what AO meant but I was sure it meant it was violent. In Aust. we have AV (Adult Violence).

I wonder why Manhunt is on the Wii, of all consoles, though?

I've seen some really violent video games in my day - ones that make GTA look like a tea party - but you really have to search for them or you'll never know about them. But for any game to claim to be the 'most violent game of all time' ... well, I'll have to try it and see.

I've probably been desensitized to violence anyway so it shouldnt really matter.

Posted

AO= Adults Only.

So yes, MK isn't even as violent as this gem-to-certain-people-that's-not-me.

Posted

that title is wrong, it's not a wii exclusive at all, It's coming out on PS2 and PSP as well, both versions of which have also been banned in the UK.

There's not actually any more points i need to make tho, other than the fact the last game that was banned over here was 10 years ago, I've played it and have absolutely no ideas why it was banned (it mostly involved running over zombies in a car)

Posted

read this over at IGN last night.... That's quite an achivement Rock Star =)

and wii exclusive? wtf? it's coming out on ps2 and psp too... :huh:

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='50857' date='Jun 21 2007, 12:23 AM']that title is wrong, it's not a wii exclusive at all, It's coming out on PS2 and PSP as well, both versions of which have also been banned in the UK.

There's not actually any more points i need to make tho, other than the fact the last game that was banned over here was 10 years ago, I've played it and have absolutely no ideas why it was banned (it mostly involved running over zombies in a car)[/quote]

Your right. But the Wii is the only current gen console thats its coming out for.

Posted

im in nz and the first was one of only three or so games banned here and in that one the nicest way to kill someone was to suffocate them with a bag or something so most violent game ever dosent seem unplauseable