Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Tale of Destiny (The title needs work)- Prologue

4 posts in this topic

Posted

A room lay uninhabited. The high canopy bed had not been slept in for years. The tall bookcases that lined the wall were thick with dust, just like everything else in the room.

A teenage girl slowly opened the door and stepped in. As her eyes wandered over everything a shiver ran down her spine. This room was strangely familiar. It felt as though it was her room.... The girl shook her head to clear it of impossible thoughts. This was the first time she, or anyone else for that matter, had been in this room for many long years.

Slowly stepping into the strange place she closed the door behind her with a soft thud. More dust cover the lilac carpet. The inches of it muffled her footsteps as she walked farther into the room. A quick glance down showed her that the white tennis shoes she wore were now gray.

The girl continued to look around the room, her eyes wide in confusion. When had she been here before? Never. That was the answer. She had never been here before. Now another bother was added to her list. A strong pulling sensation drew her farther into the room; her legs working on their own accord. The pulling sensation stopped and she stood facing a desk.

The desk was carved from beautiful dark brown, almost black, wood. Many drawers could be found stationed at multiple places on it. A fountain pen lay on top of an unused role of parchment. Without thinking the girl reached out and grabbed the handle to one of the drawers. It slid open with ease. Inside there lay a gold locket in the shape of a triangle.

The locket was flawless, and even though everything else in the room was coated in dust, the locket was still shining and clean. She reached down and grabbed it, her hands closing around the strangely warm metal. The girl turned it over in her hand and tried to gaze at the back of it.

Before she had time to see the backside of the locket the scenery changed. Colors blurred and twisted and the locket dissolve right out of her hand. When everything came back into focus she found herself in a clearing, deep in a forest.

A young man clad all in green was sitting on a small stump. He was holding an ocarina to his mouth and playing the most beautiful song. Almost like a lullaby.... A sword lay beside him.

With her mind buzzing with questions she strode forward. He continued to play with his eyes shut tight. Deep with concentration he played. Each note rang out clearly in the still air. As the girl listened she realized she had stopped moving. This song he was playing had power, strong power.

The young man stopped playing looked around the clearing. His clear blue eyes, deep in concentration, passed over her without a hint of knowledge that she existed. With a heavy sigh he stared back to his instrument.

His long fingers traced over the light brown colored body and the green mouthpiece. Without taking his eyes from the ocarina he began to hum a fast, upbeat song under his breath. With the ocarina still in his lap he fingered the notes on it, still humming.

Then, with no warning, he stopped. Quickly standing up he walked out of the clearing, leaving the girl lost for words.

Posted

I like the story that you made i enjoyed reading it

Posted

Wow this is really good! :biggrin: Great grammar and everything, I think this upcoming story will be really popular! Awesome job!

Posted

Thanks :joy: I was waiting to see how peolpe reacted before deciding if I should post more. Heh heh, I'm going to post more soon :D