Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Final Fantasy III - For DS

14 posts in this topic

Posted

This is now one of my favorite DS Handheld games!!! Now, I'm not usually a huge Final Fantasy fan, since the only Final Fantasy's I've heard of are on Playstation (and they never really appealed to me on big consoles) but I bought this (pretty old..I guess) game today, and its awesome!!! And I realized I had Final Fantasy I and II buried in some old box in my basement (handheld, GB Advance I think) and I started playing them on my DS, and man, they are SO fun! So, now I know that I love the handheld versions of FF, but not too big of a fan of the ones on bigger consoles.

Ps: Although that Final Fantasy Advent Children movie was just plain awesome (I own it!) I still had to check up on my data of the game because I had no clue what was happening in the movie lol :embarrassed:

Posted

Yep, I bought final fantasy III about 2 weeks ago and now all my characters are just under level 40, it's a really good game, I'd never played a final fantasy game before, but am aware what all the main ones were released on and this is really good fun.

1 to 6 were released on NES and SNES, 1-3 NES I think, 4-6 SNES

7 to 9 were released on the Playstation

10 and 12 were released on the playstation 2

11 was released on the xbox (and playstation?)

Also, 1 to 6 (excluding 3) have been remade for the GBA and 3 had been remade for the DS

Posted

I quite fancied buying this game; and your praise makes me want to buy it even more.

Even though I don't actually have a DS yet. But I will be getting one towards the end of the year. :D

And from what Gingerlink said; I guess Nintendo are re-using their liscences for the games, so we may see 3 through 6 on the DS, or for perhaps 5 or 6 on the following Nintendo handheld.

Posted

Square Enix are still the one's making them, so it's down to them, final fantasy III was going to be the only remake originally, as it had never been released outside Japan, but 4 is being remade on the DS as well now.

Posted

Cool! Glad my praise helped you want to buy it ^^ It is really fun, and the graphics (compared to the other games) are pretty awesome, 3-D n' all

I also love the intro ^^ And if they are making 3-6 in DS, I'll probably wait for them rather then just buy the GB Advance ones.

Posted

I'm pretty sure They're only gonna do 4 on DS, it was originally gonna be only 3 though

I hope there's an ending sequence of the same quality of the intro :P be a nice reward for completiting the game.

Posted

I'm pretty sure They're only gonna do 4 on DS, it was originally gonna be only 3 though

I hope there's an ending sequence of the same quality of the intro :P be a nice reward for completiting the game.

Yeah, that'de be awesome! :biggrin:

Posted

final fantasy 3 is awesome but i lost my copy of it :cry:

Posted

final fantasy 3 is awesome but i lost my copy of it :cry:

Aw really? That sucks :cry:

Posted

yeah im going to get a new copy of it soon

Posted

square is deciding on making an RTS sequel to XII for the DS( gonna get) and XI was a cheap try at an MMO(but it was FF, so i kinda liked it). but the fact that theyre going to remake IV for the DS is awesome. It better be the IV from Japan(II in america), because i am good at that one. heh...timed turn-base is too easy for me. but out of all of the FF, III has to be my 3rd fave(1st:VII,2nd:IV, 3rd:III,4th:THE ORIGINAL!!!,5th:VIII,6th:X,7th:XII,8th:XI,I havent played II,VI,V, and IX, so i dont know if im missing something)

Posted

It is the Japanese IV, with all of them being properly released in America and elsewhere now, the old american names can be discarded and just referred to by their original Japanese Names.

It's interesting that the only ones originally released in America were only I, IV and VI, there's only 1 mario games that wasn't released in America originally and that was Super Mario Bros. 2 (the real one) but that's now available on mario superstars or something

Posted

It's interesting that the only ones originally released in America were only I, IV and VI, there's only 1 mario games that wasn't released in America originally and that was Super Mario Bros. 2 (the real one) but that's now available on mario superstars or something

Hmm..thats kind of surprising :huh:

I really havent had alot of time to Play FF III for DS, since I'm so busy getting ready for a party tomorrow, and I got band orientation on sunday, and I'm goin

to Peterborough next week, but I had a little bit of time today and I'm at the part where I just got out of the cave and went to this other town and I was lterally laughing out loud when I saw this..rope-like person walking around carelessly, and my character is like 'Eiii! A ghost!' and runs away :biggrin: XD Later I found out that the people had been cursed, but I found that part really funny :)

Posted

jeez, you've got a long way to go in the game :P I got stuck/lost on that part of the game though.

I'm in the final dungeony thingy (I think) and my team (now with all the jobs avilable) consists of a Ninja, a Blackbelt, a Dragoon and a Sage (you can check them all up in the manual)