Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rock Band Possibility on wii

10 posts in this topic

Posted

when asked if the Wii will see the music game, Rock Band, Harmonix CEO, Alex Rigopulos, responds "Absolutely"

Rockband-logo.jpg

For those who don't know Rock Band is a music/rhythm game which is just like guitar hero.

Its by Harmonix, the same who did and will be doing Guitar hero 1, 2, encore, and 3. Except you have the ability of playing guitar, bass, drums, and sing vocals.

-It will be online.

-the guitar/bass will be based on the Fender Stratocaster (has 10 frets)

Rockband-guitar.jpg

-the drums don't really have anything based off of

Rockband-drumset.jpg

-The Microphone will look similar to the singstar mic

all info here received from wikipedia at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_%28video_game%29

Posted

Very interestig. I had never heard about this game, but it'd be a good idea to combine the games like singstar & guitar hero aswell as drums etc.

Posted

yeah but what i really think should have been done is also implement a keytar also for like keyboard/synth stuff

Posted

looks like it might be tricky/expensive to have all of the features though, those drums look relatively big.

Posted

sounds interesting but it looks too big

Posted

I love these kinds of games! I also heard from a friend that something like this was coming to the Wii, but I thought he was kidding... :embarrassed:

I'm guessing this will cost more than what I payed for Guitar Hero 2 and two guitars, which was $150.... :huh: I need to start saving up.....

Posted

I think it will be about $200 for all the stuff

-1 game

-1 guitar

-1 drum set

-1 mic

Posted

That is a lot for one game really :wacko:

Posted

yeah... but you gotta think about whats in it...

the game $60 (b/c of next gen)

the guitar $50+ (b/c of wireless)

the drums $55+ (b/c of wireless and drums are pretty expensive...)

and mic $20+

total $185+

but also you will be able to buy the peripherals separately so that would cut the price in about half depending on what instrument you get...

so alls good... to me at least...

The game will be multi-player and will be online and offline (or at least on the 360 and PS3)

each instrument will have its own career mode (minus Bass, sorry all you bassists out there, like me T_T, but I play guitar also)

and should be released on the 360 this year, I don't have a single clue about the PS3 and Wii version.

heres a screen shot

Rock-band-screen.jpg

it looks pretty dang good to me :D

Posted

im not sure it'll come to the wii.. i just dont think it will. the release date for these are by the end of the year for both 360 and ps3. drums are expected, NOT to be wireless and around 70-80 bucks according to gamestop reps. the overall setup up for this game will easily be considered the most costly game out to date when released. me and a friend just split on an elite so it wouldnt be to expensive for either of us so we can play halo 3, rock band, fable two, etc... all those will simply look marvelous on the 50 wide screen... mwha ha ha!!!!!! the got a metallica song signed!!!!! YEAH!!!!