Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

In His Mind, Dark Link.

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Chapter: 1

The sun shines as I walk into this old chapel, The Temple of Time. I hear the voices of the past, singing great hymns. As I walk to the great Table before me, as this is what it is to my eyes, I think of the tasks I have done in just a little less than a week. I think of the girl back home, her name I am too tired to even remember. I place the beautiful stones upon the table, and I play my ocarina the tune of the ancient hymn. The door opens and I see the blade, that Shining Blade! I run to it and grasp it, unsure what will happen. It is done, the sword is out of the pedestal, and I see light all around.

Chapter: 2

I awake, bigger, in a strange place. A man is before me, a sage! He speaks to me, and I listen, baffled.

I am again in my world, but it has changed. I walk, away, once more to another place I know of not. A temple of evil, another task.

In the Temple:

She is here! My love, exactly as before, even 7 years later. But something is wrong, why is she not happy? I'm back, why is she not... happy...

Chapter: 3

I am sad, angry, and yet I still stand here at the bottom of this temple, after such a long time here. I turn to leave, no one is here.

The gates, spikes, spring up! Someone is laughing, an evil, deep laugh. I spring up and see him, the man who was at the castle, Ganondorf. He jumps on his horse, and he rides, into a painting. I rush around, looking for him, and I see him, jumping out of a different painting. I slash at him, knocking him of the horse, now in another painting. He floats up, a staff in his hand. He shoots a bolt of lightning at me; I deflect it, and it hit him, sending it back at him. Again I slice; Again I cut; again; again; AGAIN! he has fallen, I have won.

Chapter: 4

I awaken, dazed. Where am I? Was it all a dream? Yes, a dream. I'm again lying on the hill, where I always awake. My love is here too. We were there, watching the stars, as always, after our prank on Mido, who would wake up to the sound of the Deku tree, yelling at him for being stuck in his noes. She was already awake looking down at me, smiling. I sat up and opened my mouth to speak, but she put her finger to my mouth and I closed it. I put my hands in her hair, and we kissed, a rush of hunger, of power, of something, went through me... She smiled, and we gazed at the rising sun. Her leaf-green hair shined as the light hit it. We were here, in...Paradise. We laid back down and dozed off again.

Chapter: 5

The world came crashing down as fire flailed around the hill and the village was the same, burnt away. The people screamed, what was happening? Only a moment ago I had been laughing, being happy, with... Where was she? My heart filled with terror as I looked at the sight before me. Where did she go? I ran down to the village. Then I saw it, her body lying in the grass, next to a 17 year old youth, me... A mirror image of me stared back at me, myself. Suddenly he grabbed her and disappeared, into the smoke.

Chapter: 6

I went cold, as I stared at the mirror of me. I was now in an endless lake, standing on an island with one leafless tree. My fairy, Navi was with him, why? She shouted at him the same way she did to me when she informed me of something.

"Dark Link; Conquer yourself!"

What? I looked at my hands, then saw it. I was completely black! I looked at my reflection, I had red eyes too, and my blade was as black as my clothes and skin. What was happening? A feeling of hatred, malice, power, and...amusement? I ran at him, a smile across my face. I understood. It had all been an illusion, all of it. My smile faded. I had been clenched by insanity for a moment, and now I realized, she was not real either. I slashed at him with all my rage and met his blade with mine. He stabbed at me, but he was so very slow---- I jumped on his blade and slashed his chest. Blood flew out of the wound and on to my face. I tasted it and felt the new power in me rage! Again I slashed at him, this time the blood came from his cheek. I laughed, and was surprised by my deepened voice. This was no challenge at all. Then I felt a slash of pain on my back, and I fell into the water. When I surfaced I was not bleeding, or even hurt, but I could tell, his light was becoming stronger. I slashed at him again, but he parried and stabbed me, in the heart. He pulled the sword out and slashed me again. I fell into the water. My body dispersed into shadow, and flowed back into him.

Chapter: 7

I was in an iron cell, locked in tight chains. He had won, I was in his soul again, my true memory restored. I had always been here. I was a child again. He had even defeated Ganon, the one who pulled me from his body, and put me in a fake reality. And he wasn't even dead. he, Link... Had been a fool too. He wasn't with my love, but with a princess. He would never understand true love. If only he were dead. If only I were free.

Chapter: 8

I awoke, in my cell. I was again in chains, but now, I was an adult. It was 7 years later. Now was the time to release myself. I pulled at my chains as hard as I could. One busted, then another, and another, and finally, a fourth on cracked. I felt my hand tighten around my blade once more, after 7 long years. I cut the rest of my chains, and bashed through my cell walls. In my place I threw a dummy I made of my power, and closed the cell. In front of me, in the darkness, I saw a pedestal. I stabbed my blade into it. Light surrounded me.

Chapter: 9

I was in the world again, the real world... Time had changed. Zelda, that princess, had married Link, and gave her power as royalty to him, and now the world was changed. It was as it was when the old king ruled, but this time the monsters were all gone, into the far wild lands away from the field and castle. It was night. I was standing at the foot of his bed, Link's bed. I was about to cut him, when, his eyes opened and he stared at me. My blade was not with me. He got up and grabbed my throat. Our minds linked.

We were back in the temple, where the tree stood again. I looked at my reflection. I was different! I was like him, real. I had his face, but with greyish darkened brown skin, silvery grey hair, and purple eyes. My clothes were the same, but they were slightly longer at the waist and were completely black. I had my sword now, it had been waiting for me here. It was just like his. He was using the Master Sword again. Mine however, was black, with a darker silver grey blade, and its jewel was a purple tinted red.

I looked back up, smiling. I was my own person now. The Triforce appeared on his hand. I looked at my own and widened my smile. On my hand was a great triangle. At the bottom however, from the corners it went in and made an upside down "V". The top corner of the "V" was also where the bottom point of the upside down triangle of empty space was, just above it. This was my own version, where my dark power came from.

We looked at each other and conversed.

"How are you here? I killed you!"

"No. I have broken free of your soul. Before, I was just projected here, by the Gerudo King. Now I am my own being."

"Why are you here?"

"I want revenge, for being trapped, and a rematch. If you accept, that is. Otherwise we can fight in the castle."

"I accept then."

" Let us begin."

So we fought, exchanging blows to our swords,until...

I summoned my power, and with a flash of light, My sword touched his throat. I ran the blade over his neck so that it bled, but he did not die. Here, minds linked, if he died I might too. I would have to kill him outside our minds.

"Now you know who is really king. When we leave, and you are alone, I will hunt for you till I can run my blade through your body and tear you in half. Then I will trap you in the cell, and that will be the end."

Chapter: 10

I walked to the village I once saw burn away. How it was so beautiful. It was again night. I sneaked into the house, her house. She was really here, or at least the real her. I walked over to her bed and covered her mouth. I touched her soul and pulled out the darkness. I formed it into her shape. I gave it memory and life. It walked to its owners body and returned to its soul. I left the village and returned again 3 weeks later. In her room again, I touched her. The shadow came out, its empty life faded, and replaced by a new one. I placed a shadow dummy within her, and carried the tampered piece of soul away. I used all my power and brought us to the temple room. I made the illusion become real. The room filled with water and the one tree island appeared. I gently laid the shadow into the pool and watched as I willed it to change. Its lifeless eyes became real and alive and lidded. It gained a body too. A black tunic clothed its body. It rose, She rose. Her eyes opened, and she smiled. She was real! She was alive.

Chapter: 11

We were in paradise again. Finally together. We sat on the hill she and I, gazing at the sun set and rise. We sat and we kissed. Forever together.

Of course Link was still alive. I chased him and fought him, but things had changed. My Triforce became normal, and I gained his power; Inner strength. I could not bring myself to kill him, and he could not kill me either. So I stayed in my paradise and went on my own quests. But I will always ask for a rematch.

Epilogue:

Time went on and eventually Link and Zelda and even Saria died. Deciding that life has to end on their world eventually, Dark Link and "Dark Saria" went with them. As for Hyrule, you know the story.

That was my Dark Link Fan Fiction. I hope you liked it (and read all of it).

link_vs_dark_link.jpgDark_Link_by_dark_sheikah.jpg

Posted

nice story so far

Posted

What do you mean "so far"?

Posted

Cool.I was thinking about putting a Twilight Master Sword in my fanfic that would have a matte-black hilt...I think I was meaning to call it Twilit Order or something like that...anyway,good fanfic.The drawings look awesome.

Posted

I enjoyed that.

Posted

that was a good story! :joy: a bit confusing somtimes but it was good

you should write more

Posted

Thanks, but it seems as if not to many have read it yet.

Posted

Thanks, but it seems as if not to many have read it yet.

well this is a good story im like thw 100th person to read it cool

--------------------------

Join the GREAT ARMY OF HYRULE and get a free introductory gift of 200 rupees the rupees are given to you by Gingerlink so thank him

:embarrassed::biggrin:

spoiler read at your own risk

dark link is a clone of link made from gannon to destroy him forever so he can get the triforce

Posted

Cool

Posted

a every entertaning read :D