Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend Of Zelda: Wolfen Spirits

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Prologue

Dusk was just disappearing into night over Hyrule; a cool breeze blew lightly over the land. A full moon was already propped up in the dark sky, illuminating the Lake Hylia below with it's reflection. There was not a sound to be heard except for the rustle of leaves in the wind and a the soft sloshing of water on the pebbled banks of the river that fed Lake Hylia. Not a soul stirred.Everything was tranquil. Or it was when a figured detached itself from a clump a trees nearby and made its way towards the source of water that it could scent from 20 yards away. In the moonlight, the figure was actually a young she wolf with red fur and sparkling gold eyes, an impossibly skinny body and a rather bushy tail. She padded into the water till it covered her paws, bent her neck down, and lapped up mouthfuls. The cool water was refreshing and cool on her hot and parched mouth for she had been traveling all over Lanayru Providence since this morning with no food or water. The wolf actually wasn't a wolf, but a spirit that, after dying, had been reincarnated into a wolf. It was rare for a Spirit to be turned into an animal in the after life. Spirits were like ghosts that weren't seen by humans and that lived somewhere in the clouds that the Goddesses had made for them. Yet some Spirits didn't get to live where humans roamed but in a black void to wonder aimlessly but those who did were coldhearted killers, thieves and villians that had done wrong in their previous life, in which they were called Wanderers.

Okay, Accalia, you've made some progress I guess by searching this new fangled land, the she-wolf thought as she lifted her muzzle from the water and looked out into the distance. Accalia saw the dark lumbering shape of a castle not too far. It actually was intimidating and it sent chilling shivers up Accalia's spine. She loped out of the water, back into the shade of tree's she had emerged from and laid onto the lush grass. Laying her head onto her paws, curling her tail onto her hind paws, breathing slowly and eyes shut, the wolf slept peacefully.

Something searing hot bit her flank and Accalia jumped up, yelping, the only way in speech that she could express pain. Something whooshed passed her nose, missing it's target. Accalia shook the sleep out of her eyes and saw that a group of humans were around her, armed with clubs and torches. Accalia now figured out that the hot "something" was actual a torch apon her fur that the man had purposely shoved at her. And that whooshing thing was another man trying to hit her with a club. Fear bubbled in her chest. She was never a fighter, let alone a master of attacking with claws and fang. All she could do was growl worredly and scramble for the river. The group ran after her, shouting. Some let loose dogs that chased after her, splashing in the water. Then, something replaced fear and that was rage. It made her blood hot and running faster and her head went dizzy. Her lips lifted and she whirled upon her pursuers, snarling. The dogs whimpered and retreated, but the men persisted. They kept their distance, but herded the she-wolf toward the castle by swing their clumbs and torches. Soon, Accalia's rump hit something cold and hard and she turned to see that she was cornered against the outer wall of the castle she had seen. The rage was receding and was replaced by fatigue. Without food or rest she was weak. Her muscles felt heavy, and her head felt fuzzy and unclear. Then her legs gave way, loosing the energy, and she crumpled into a heap. She felt hard rope tie her snout shut and around her legs too.

The men carried their quarry into Castle Town, unaware that they were being watched by a dark figure under the shade of another tree, red eyes glinting with hatred.

Chapter1

Link flopped onto the grass with a sigh of relief. It was rather a hot morning in Hyrule and , combined with herding Ordon goats, it was rather uncomfortable. He folded his arms under his head and looked up at the sky. There was only a few shreds of cloud left in the sky that moved sluggishly along, not thick enough to blot out the sun for a few seconds. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath of fresh air. It was good to take a break once in a while; though being with Malo and company and Ilia wasn't that bad either. Link stayed laying in the grass for a few more minutes, the sun baking onto his ranch clothes. Then got up, brushed of any blades of grass and took in his surroundings. His was on the grassy bank of the Ordon Spring, the glare that the sun made off of the water almost blinded him. This is where it all started. Meeting Midna, turning into a wolf...everthing, Link thought sadly as he went back to the village. Everyone was working hard because Mayor Bo, the father of Ilia, was going along with Link to Castle Hyrule for an important meeting with Princess Zelda. The trip was to start tommorow and many of the others were saying their good-byes and were to have a so-long party.

The ranch hand had only stepped into the village when he bumped into Ilia. She was carrying parcels labeled with the Castle Hyrules crest and some of them were spilt onto the ground when she bumped into him. "Oof! Sorry, Link. I wasn't paying attention. It's just that these things are very interesting and..well..I'm not used to having my father not around." Ilia was already collecting the parcels that were on the ground. Link also stooped down to pick them up. When all of them were in Ilia's arms, she smiled halfheartedly. "Thanks. Malo and the others weren't able to help. They've disappeared as soon as I said that alot of help was needed in the village...." She walked past Link toward her house. Mayor Bo with the help of Rusl, Colin's father, saddled a horse that was purchased not too long ago from someone in Kakariko Village. Already bags were ladden on it. Mayor Bo spotted Link and motioned him over. "Sorry to say but the we've rescheduled it for tonight. It's not that far. And if we encounter some difficulty andget tired we'll give Kakariko a visit." Bo nudged a bag into it's rightful place and patted Link on the shoulder. "Hope you don't mind." Link nodded. "Not a problem, Mayor. Anything that'll get you to the castle in one piece." Bo gulped and laughed nervously. "Yes. One piece would be nice. You might wanna rest up for tonight." The Mayor led the horse toward the ranch. Rusl went up to Link.

" We really appreiciate that your taking the mayor to Hyrule Castle. I'd go but my leg is still weak from the..well..you know.Just keep on eye out so you guys don't get hurt. I wish for your journey to be safe, Link. May the Goddesses bless you on your journey." Rusl walked off. Link headed back to his house, suddenly tired. He flung himself into the comfy embrace of his blankets and pillow, slipping his sandals off onto the floor. His head met with the pillow, and he inwardly sighed with comfort. His pack was ready and Epona was tended and the his weaons were sheathed and beside his supplies. Everything was ready. Closing his eyes, he fell into a deep sleep. Someone was crying,yelling for help. Everthing was dark and the only being that was visible was a red wolf, shackled, howling. Links head began to throb, pressure pressing against his temples. Sweat started the bead onto his forhead as the pain grew worst. "Please, somebody! I'm stuck somewhere and I'm confused. Men are torturing me when I've commited nothing! Please help! The red wolf howled miserably. It felt like the atmosphere had gone still, sadness hanging in the air. The Triforce on Link's hand felt like it was on fire, burning and throbbing. It faintly glowed, like a small flickering light. It went on like this all afternoon, but the pain receded around night time. Link woke up to the moonlight that was hitting his face, head in a dazed like state.

What happend? Link rubbed his head, Someone..calling for help? But it wasn't human. He got ready, wiped sweat off his brow with a small a linen towel, dressed into his green tunic and such and, after packing Epona, rode into the village. Everyone he knew was there, surrounding Mayor Bo. Ilia was holding her father's hand talking to him quietly. When Link came by, everyone greeted him warmly, saying that he was brave and Rusl winked and wish him good luck. "Remember, Father," Ilia was saying, "Don't push or spur the horse too hard." Mayor Bo rolled his eyes. "Of course not, Ilia. Treat the horse with utmost respect." Link tried to not laugh out loud, swearing that a rib just crack from tryin to hold it in. When he was done he said , "Are you ready, Mayor?" Bo nodded his head vigorously, saying a good bye to everyone and did a small lecture to Ilia to behave. Soon they were passing the Ordon Spring, the sound of water and hooves crunching on grass was soon to be the only thing heard.

Eldon wasn't long to get through and soon they were in the open fields of Hyrule Field. The moon seemed huge, the dark sky holding it right above them. The moon's light showed no monster of any kind out and Link thanked the goddesses. It would be easy riding from here. Next thing they new, they were entering Hyrule Castle. They dismounted and were just rounding the front gate until something caught Link's eye,and he saw something that he would never forget...To be continued.

Small note: As you can see, this is my first to post a story so it won't be that brilliant. Maybe chapter 2 will be better? :D This is after the TP (yes i know you know xP) No. The wolf doesn't have the Triforce, she's a spirit that's..well...chapter 2 will explain it. Hope you enjoy! :biggrin:

Posted

Just alittle something for people to read and (hopefully) enjoy.

Posted

Just alittle something for people to read and (hopefully) enjoy.

Interesting.....

Funny how Link's Triforce had "Burning" Feeling....

Good fan fic though...Keep it up!!!!!!!!

Posted

Interesting.....

Funny how Link's Triforce had "Burning" Feeling....

Good fan fic though...Keep it up!!!!!!!!

It did? Whoops wrong word. I was really tired and impatient. Thanks for the comment! :D