Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

damn you nintendo why dont you just make one console that plays every nintendo game

24 posts in this topic

Posted

:cry: i have to spend like 1000$ just on consoles for my favorite games why doesnt nintendo just make one super good one that plays all and wii doesnt play n64 games by the way so dont say that.

Posted

They have to make new consoles if the games are supposed to evolve. One super console would maybe be super now, but it would suck in 10 years.

Posted

exactly what eyeoftruth said and the wii CAN play n64 games...just not the original cartridges

also, it's called making money, but the consoles do have to evolve otherwise the graphics and general power of the games wouldn't get any better...

Posted

One reason they probably charge money for the old games, is because what if you use to have the old games, and you sold or they broke. You can't very easily find a brand new game of them. It's just easier to buy games through the Virtual Console. It costs some money, but it's not like it's 50 dollars like new games for the console.

Posted

Games evolve... The N64 for example would literally explode if you try to play a game with the Wii graphics.

Thigs evolve, things change... that's why there are so many consoles. And they change like every 5 or 6 years, right?

Posted

That would be technically impossible for Nintendo unless they're not to make anymore new consoles.

Posted

unless they're not to make anymore new consoles.

And that would be.... a complete chaos

Posted

Games evolve... The N64 for example would literally explode if you try to play a game with the Wii graphics.

Thigs evolve, things change... that's why there are so many consoles. And they change like every 5 or 6 years, right?

hah I would say every 2 maybe 3 years

Posted

That sounds a bit more like it.

Also, it should be obvious that cartridge technology is obsolete. Nintendo would not be stupid enough to make the console bigger just so it could play older games. That was why they introduced the Virtual Console, so you could play your old favourites on the one system. A 10 USD fee for a N64 game isn't that bad really.

Posted

hah I would say every 2 maybe 3 years

nah. the gamecube was released in 2002 right? that's five years ago.

Posted

n64 was 1995/6, SNES was 1990ish, it's 5 or 6 years between them, not 2 or 3.

Same goes for xbox and playstation...

Posted

nah. the gamecube was released in 2002 right? that's five years ago.

your right.. after checking the release dates most are released either 5 or 6 years after the previous console.

hm.

maybe it just feels like a shorter time?

Glad to see Twili agreed with me :P

Its not just me that thinks that then!

regardless, I think gaming companies may start pumping out games / consoles at a quicker rate.. as technology is rapidly expanding and bringing lots of different types of technologies together (phones now connect to computers, instruments that play directly into computers, etc etc), you constantly need to be updating to fit with the latest things. Soon games will be in that list.. Well we already have internet on consoles.

Posted

your right.. after checking the release dates most are released either 5 or 6 years after the previous console.

hm.

maybe it just feels like a shorter time?

Glad to see Twili agreed with me :P

Its not just me that thinks that then!

regardless, I think gaming companies may start pumping out games / consoles at a quicker rate.. as technology is rapidly expanding and bringing lots of different types of technologies together (phones now connect to computers, instruments that play directly into computers, etc etc), you constantly need to be updating to fit with the latest things. Soon games will be in that list.. Well we already have internet on consoles.

Yeah it feels shorter. And sony is already talking about ps4 :wacko:

Posted

yer, but they're also talking about the ps3 having a long life cycle, which they use to try and persuade people that it's a worthwhile investment.

Out of this generation, it may be the wii that has the shortest life cycle, but it depends how much stuff can be done with the wiimote and balance board. Of course those two can be taken onto the next generation and the graphics upgraded, but that's not Nintendo's style anymore...

Posted

yer, but they're also talking about the ps3 having a long life cycle, which they use to try and persuade people that it's a worthwhile investment.

Out of this generation, it may be the wii that has the shortest life cycle, but it depends how much stuff can be done with the wiimote and balance board. Of course those two can be taken onto the next generation and the graphics upgraded, but that's not Nintendo's style anymore...

what was gamecube if not an improved n64? And I don't see why wii should have the shortest life circle. Alot of gamedevelopers are interested in making games for it and the possibuilities with the balance board and the wiimote are endless.