Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

OoT to TP Relations

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I hope this is the right topic to discuss this. I thought I would type up a theory of how TP came after OoT. I'll provide some backup to it, plus you will also have to take some presumptions about some of the information.

Alright, about the storyline first. You have to consider of course how Link placed the Master Sword back in the pedestal in the future and how he returned as a kid. He had to therefore, when you saw him meet Zelda, tell her of what Ganondorf's plans was going to be. She then had to tell her dad, and he had Ganondorf arrested and sent later on in years to the Arbiter's Grounds. This info was from: http://www.zeldawiki.org/index.php?title=Twilight_Princess.

Now, the next part you have to take some presumptions. I'll be typing what I have read before and also some of my ideas. I'll start with where Ordon is in TP and how it got there and more around Hyrule and also with the Hyrule Castletown/Castle.

All right, with Ordon being where it is now, I think that possibly the Kokiri people in OoT eventually died off. The forest area and Lost Woods had to of then been overgrown with trees and plants. Then after that, or possibly while they were dwindling down, the Hyrule Guards could have possibly relocated the Temple of Time to the Sacred Grove. They then placed the guardians you find there later on protecting the place. The Temple of Time had to have been located in a secure area that would be hard to get to so only the legendary hero could find it. They probably moved the temple so that Ganondorf would have a harder time trying to find a way to prevent the legendary hero from acquiring the Master Sword. The Ordonians sometime later on made a path to where the location is today. With where the Ordonians live, you could think that with them moving pretty far into the forest, that that's the reason they are farther away from Hyrule Castle.

Next we move to Kakariko Village/Death Mountain.

Now with how Kakariko Village is standing in TP, you have to think that, with almost every town, it evolved. It must have, over time, built new houses and tore down old ones. Every town evolves over time with building new places and tearing old ones down. Karkariko Village thus is no exception. Now, with Death Mountain. You might think, that over time, the volcano could have erupted and the molten rock made the road to Goron City harder to get to. The Gorons must have then placed the nets to be climbed over the walls.

Next we move to where Lake Hylia/Gerudo parts of the map.

You must think that the outer walls must have been eroded over time from weathering, and that could be the reason why Lake Hylia is larger than in OoT. Like all people and places, the lab must have been destroyed or possibly relocated to where Fyer's place is. He could have remodeled it for his business. You have to think also that the guy at the lab died. Because of Ganondorf being an evil guy, the Hylian Guard must have stopped the Gerudos. They must have closed off the area and only Desert Collosus remained. They must have also built up the wall so no one could get there. The only way then must have been from Fyer's canon. The Arbiter's Grounds fortress then had to have been constructed for the horrible criminals like Ganondorf to be confined. The Hylian Guard then must have let some of the innocent Gerudos go, while they sent the criminals to the Arbiter's Grounds too. That could be the reason why you don't see too many Gerudo's in TP.

Next we move to the Zoras.

Now, in OoT, the Zoras were close to where Kakariko Village was. Now, as with many places, over time, the water source dries out, and people need to relocate. This could have happened to the Zoras too. Their home must have dried out, and they moved upstream of where Gerudo Valley once was. They must have swum upstream to where their location is in TP.

The next spots on the map are where the Ice Peak is, and the rest of Hyrule northward of where Karkariko Village is.

Ice Peak and the other areas probably were where they were in OoT like in TP, but they just didn't let Link go to those areas in OoT. They didn't really have a need to.

The next area is where Lon Lon Ranch is.

Lon Lon Ranch probably is that area on the TP map that's some northward from Ordon. It must have been blockaded and overgrown by trees and flowers. Malon, her dad, and Ingo could have either sold the farm and moved away from Lon Lon Ranch, or they could have died.

The last area is Hyrule Castletown/Castle.

As everyone knows that's played TP, the whole area has changed; Castletown is more populous than in OoT and the Castle has been upgraded. With the Temple of Time relocated, Castletown had more area to expand and grow more populous. The town, like all towns, tore down old buildings, and built new ones. They probably had a construction plan with where the fountain is in the main plaza and how the town is different. Hyrule Castle also had new upgrades over the years.

Now, if you guys have anything to say about the theory, then feel free to post about it. I'd like some comments about this.

Posted

Well, that all sounds very plausible, except one thing. Are you basing this off of the 'Cube or the Wii Map, because the Gamecube map is the canon one.

I still can't lead myself to believe they moved the entire Temple of Time. You make it a bit clearer about protecting it from Ganon, it still seems pretty unrealistic though. The Temple of Time would not be something easily moved, or rebuilt. I still think Hyrule was overgrown with trees and moved North, discovering new lands. That would make Ordon where Kakariko once was, and if you look up from the Ordon ranch, there is a tall mountain that could easily of been an extinct volcano. (Death Mountain.) The Gerudo Desert remains in the same place, but the canyon withered away with the river, and all that remains of Hyrule Market and Castle is the sacred Temple of Time. Which was unaffected by time for much longer than the rest of old Hyrule. The Lost Woods completely consumed most of Old Hyrule when it was left abandoned for so long. The only part that remained maintained in old Hyrule was Kakariko which was now Ordon.

Posted

It would be based off of the GC map.

Posted

I tend to ignore the TP map in relation to these things, it's flipped, GC is supposed to be the original and everything is in its rightful place (mostly) there. The master sword thing has confused me for a while though.

I think trying to pinpoint every single place doesn't quite work, you've just gotta take some things for granted, but it's good to see that you agree with me on the fact that it's on the timeline where link goes back in time and then ganondorf is exiled.

One thing that doesn't add up though, how did the three of them get the triforces in that case (There's a lot more stuff that doesn't work if it's in the other timeline though)

Posted

Your right Gingerlink, that wouldn't really work. If Link foiled Ganondorf's plan, the triforce would of never separated and fled to Ganondorf, Link, and Zelda. . .

Posted

but the other timeline works out even worse because to begin with, ganondorf should be stuck in the twilight realm, the sages would've most likely been descendants of the OoT sages (they weren't in TP probabbly because there hadn't actually been any sages due to going back before everyone became sages).

Also, it ruins the legend at the start of the wind waker.

There's more, but it's clear that the timeline where link goes back to his younger self has less plotholes, the only one being the triforce thing....

Posted

I'm surprised they could of overlooked a detail that obvious. Hmm, well, it states that by some divine prank Ganondorf obtained the Triforce of Power in TP. I'm not sure how though. . .

Posted

Maybe somehow with the events of being captured by the Hylian Guard, Ganondorf somehow found the triforce of power.

Posted

As I recall, he was never captured, just foiled. In the Sages' story in TP, he's seen roaming freely through Hyrule Field, most likely searching for another entrance to the Sacred Realm. No? You'd think they'd throw him in Arbiter Grounds. He is, after all Ganondorf. Or rather, maybe not. If he was caught before he committed any crimes, he wouldn't be in too much trouble. He couldn't really get in any trouble actually. He was going to kill the King, but he never did since his plan was stopped.

I think that the sages in TP planned to execute Ganondorf illegally in Arbiter Grounds, but failed miserably.

Wait, when Zelda sent Link back in the end of OoT, did he keep the Triforce of Courage. . .? If so, that'd mean it would be duplicated, either that, or as soon as Link returned to his childhood, the Triforce broke once again and fled to him, Zelda and Ganondorf.

Sigh, this is confusing. . .

Posted

That could be possible with the triforce breaking up like that Goron Merchant. That could thus give the sages a reason to execute him. I don't know if they would kill him illegally though. He still could have been arrested while he was roaming around.

Posted

He couldn't legally be put to death for a crime he's yet to commit. Up to the point where the sages were going to kill Ganon in TP, he was an innocent man. . .

Posted

Well, if they wanted to convict him of anything, they could call him a thief. They also could then tell him about conspiring to overtake Hyrule.