Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Should Zelda Change?

34 posts in this topic

Posted

I read this over at the Hylia.

There where this magazine that featured games that hadn't changed in 10 years. Zelda was in that list. Do you guys think it's time that Zelda gets a drastic change? Or should it stay the way it is now?

I kind of understand what they mean, Oot and Tp features very similar game play, puzzles and dungeons.

Edit: can a mod move this over to general Zelda talk?

Posted

Puzzles and dungeons are what Zelda is, Ever since Link took his clumsy 2D steps from the muck that is the NES. Zelda is a unique game in a world full of copycats. What we don't need is another final fantasy!(Lord knows there are already too many!) :angry:

Posted

any game series doesn't change much and if it does, it normally messes it up (a la sonic), I think the zelda series has evolved, which is hy change hasn't been very noticable, but it seems they've come almost full circle back to OoT in some senses.

of course, from what I hear, Phantom Hourglass actually breaks the mould a fair bit there, with the final dungeon available to you from the start, but only being able to work through it bit by bit.

there are 13 main final fantasys (not including 13 which isn't out anywhere, including 10-2 though), there's are 14 main zelda's (including PH), there's actually more proper zelda games than proper final fantasy games, it's just the FF series makes it painfully obvious. If you include spinoffs, FF has a few more, but there's not THAT many, plus zelda isn't really known to have spin-offs.

Posted

Thread moved.

Back on topic - No. Zelda should not change. You don't mess with perfection.

Posted

You're right, I don't think Zelda should change, and I would hate spin-offs. I just hope the serie won't die, if it doesn't change.

Posted

Thread moved.

Back on topic - No. Zelda should not change. You don't mess with perfection.

Yes yes. No changey!!!!!!! *ahem* No, The Zelda series SHALL NOT change. If it changes drastically, I'll cry. :fear::cry::fear:

Posted

Yes yes. No changey!!!!!!! *ahem* No, The Zelda series SHALL NOT change. If it changes drastically, I'll cry. :fear::cry::fear:

I think we all would :cry:

Posted

Agreed. :cry::cry:

Posted

well, WW was in many ways a drastic change MM too, though both games kept the same gameplay.

Posted

wat do u mean by change? and how much

Posted

I'm talking about a drastic change... Let's say no dungeons for example. Or a more complex combat system.

Posted

Well, every new zelda game complexes the battle system a bit.

Posted

You don't mess with perfection.

That made me laugh ZuZu! It's great!

Anyway... back to topic. I tihnk change is good, but not a drastic change... The Zelda games are what they are and they're special that way.

If we were stuck in the same game again and again, eventually we all would get bored, little changes in every game would make it special and new

Posted

That made me laugh ZuZu! It's great!

Anyway... back to topic. I tihnk change is good, but not a drastic change... The Zelda games are what they are and they're special that way.

If we were stuck in the same game again and again, eventually we all would get bored, little changes in every game would make it special and new

I think the reason why TP didn't have the effect people was waiting for was because it was to little new elements, yes the controls on the wii was different, but that didn't really change much. But it's ironic how people cried for getting a new Oot, they got it, but didn't get satisfied with that.

Posted

i think t should change a bit. some people complain about WW's graphics, then other people think that TP was too much like OoT, it's a mad mad mad mad world :fear:

but the truth of it is that zelda /has/ changed it's gotten better, worse, worse, reeeeeeeaaaaaaaallyyyy awesome, worse, better, and so on and so forth... the changes are just harder to see becase they don't just, all of the sudden, make a completely new game and call it the legend of zelda...