Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

*sigh* I'm Going To Miss Them :'(

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, heres the story:

Every year that a neighbour's kid that is a friend of ours is about to go to university or college, we always have this neighbourhood party at our house, giving the kid gifts and wishing him or her luck on their start of University or College. We have cake, presents, music, its your basic party, and sometimes it can get pretty funny (the presents people give are hilarious).

Well, this year it was my brother's turn. He's about 18 or so, and is heading off to University this coming Saturday. When we started the party, it was ok, my brother got some pretty funny presents. But you know..I've kind of dreaded the party for about two years now, because I didn't want my brother to go. Honestly, we are extremely close. We have the same interests in videogaming, movies ('cept horror), humour, and of course, brotherly sisterly love lol. He used to take me out to Conspiracy Comics so he could buy some comics and I would usually buy a manga (usually Fruits Basket, or Furuba). Plus, he would take me to the movies, and he would get us in free because he works there, and he gets free movie passes for working there.

Now, as I kind of watched the party drag on, I really felt upset. I seriously didnt want my brother to go. :cry: So I excused myself from the party to go upstairs to my room, and yeah, you guessed it.

I cried. :cry:

I felt pathetic later on for crying, but I couldn't help it. When was he going to come home when he was at University? He wouldnt come every weekend I know that, that would just be annoying (for him). Christmas and some birthdays seemed to me the only times he would come home.

Now, thinking of someone leaving made mt think of other people leaving. My friends. Not all of them, but some of my best friends. My friend Dallas was moving this year, and I've only known her for a year, but she started to become my best friend. My other friend was going to a different high school (when it comes to high school, not now, because I'm goin' to Grade 8), so I would be stuck with my only other best friend, whom I hung out with along with Dallas and the other friend. I think Grade 8's gonna be fun, but High School...you see, the one best friend I'm stuck with had about 5 or 6 friends back in her old school that she's known most of her life, and they're going to that high school. She always talked about them last year. Plus, her boyfriend's gonna be going to that high school.

Now, what do we always hear on the tv which takes place in high school? Your friend will hang out with her boyfriend more then her friends. If that truly happens, I'm gonna be alone. :cry: And, I mean, High School's gonna be hard enough as is, with all the work. :fear:

*sigh* I'm just kind of down right now because of all of this, you dont have to post if you dont want to, some comfort would be nice, thats all.

Posted

Well, Linkrcool gave perfect advise for your friend thing, so I'll take a shot at your brother leaving. . .

Just think about it from his perspective. He's ready for college. I'm sure he'll visit a lot more often than your giving him credit for. Like he'll most likely spend his summers at home, and Christmas, and I'm sure some weekends he'll just want to see you and come home. How far is the university?

Just make sure you give him a good goodbye hug.

Posted

Ok... about your brother...

I know it's hard, my sister left to Spain last year, now she's back but for 5 months I was all alone with my parents. At the beggining it sucks, but with time you'll get used to the idea.

About the High School thing, well, it's not always true that the girls spends more time with their boyfriends that with their friends. It changes with a lot of factors, how the relationship is going, or things like that. But even eith all of that, the friends are friends and they are not ignored just because you have a boyfriend. Don't feel bad about that, I'm sure you'll not be alone, you're really friendly (as far as I know you).

:biggrin: Smile there!

Posted

I know how that feels, I have a 16-year age difference with my sis, 15 with my bro. My sister stayed home and went to a close college, my brother went to another state. *sigh* My sister was always busy, my brother, well, I didn't know. But my brother called a lot, my sister wasn't really ALWAYS busy, and my bro came for holidays. They've both been graduated for a while now. My sis is married and lives in Pennsylvania, as an engineer, and my bro lives in D.C with his finance, he's going back to Boston soon to finish grad-school AT HARVARD! And he works for the PRESIDENT!. So, all's well, it'll be better soon. :D

Posted

you could somehow cram yourself into a suitcase that appered out of nowhere right next to the next of his luggage without him noticing, then he'll bring you along without even knowing it, and... well and... uhhhhhhhh... i can't really think of how that would help.

but that's too bad. I almost know how it feals cuz i don't get to see my dad that often cuz he lives in california/new york and those are both pretty far away (new york more than hollywood) and it's really awesome when i get to see him but it's even worse than not seeing him at all when he leaves... :cry:

Posted

Man....I'm REALLY sorry. That's sad. I'm not going to know what it feels for you because I am the oldest of my brother and sister. And, don't worry......you will make new freinds at high school. It's very caring, understanding, and AWSOME in high school. I'm in high school, and I had made new freinds my FIRST day at high school. And i'm a sophmore now, so I have even MORE freinds in high school. So....don't worry. You will make new freinds in high school..TRUST ME. And I'm REALLY sorry about your brother. *gives nuturing back tap to Saria_Kokiri*. He will try as best as he can to visit the rest of his family. And you know....he can help you with that hard high school homework when he comes home :D:D:D:D

Posted

There's no need to worry about your brother, you have to realise that he will visit. It may not be as often as you think, but at least you'll get to him. In fact, more likely than not, he'll visit with higher frequency than you'll expect. Besides that, you actually like each other so he will do if more, if but for only that reason.

Unlike my sister who left a while ago, I won't go into the details but there is some unpleasantness involved. I actually kind of wish I had a sister like you Saria_Kokiri.

Anyway, you shouldn't worry about your friends. You will likely see them again too. Also, I can gurantee that you'll make new friends in High School. Everybody does, even me, and we all know how big a nerd I am. :P

Posted

Heh, thanks guys. :) I feel alot better now, like, I saw my friend Dallas today (shes the one moving this year) and we hung out with some other friends of mine at the park, it was good. ^^ I'm also making a goodbye video for my friend Dallas, to her fave anime (Naruto), just cus my friends and I will all miss her. As for my brother, we've been watching alot of movies and tv shows and stuff, with what time I can spend with him. And yeah, I guess my brother does need to kind of get on with his life, and its not like he'll not come to visit at all (as you guys stated) :)

Thanks so much guys, I feel alot better now. :)