Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hitchhiker's "Trilogy".

6 posts in this topic

Posted

One of Europe's best loved books and the basis for the closest thing to The Answer, the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy "Trilogy", (Yes, the five-book series is reffered to as a Trilogy.) is one of the most hilarious pieces of Science Fiction in the known universe, which follows the protagonist, Arthur Dent as he mucks his way through the mess that is his Life, and the infinitely strange, yet literally unbearably large place we know and love as the Universe. He will learn some of the endless values of the otherwise underrated Towel, meet the crew of a stolen spacecraft, along with a paranoid, depressed robot, as they travel to decipher the Universe. Needless to say, I love these books, and wholeheartedly recommend them to most any reader. Don't let the genre discourage any dislikers of Sci-Fi. As some reviews point out, most jokes in the genre are bland puns no one laughs at, but the humor in this series is always a good time. It's more fun than your average book. As always, the books are much better than the film, so if you don't like the film, at the very least give the book a chance.

RIP, Douglas Adams.

Sahaqiel

Posted

i kinda liked the movie :joy:

Posted

So long and thanks for all the fish! I

Posted

Hah, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a classic series! I loved both the movie and the trilogy, but obviously the trilogy was better! I always loved the fact of their ship could turn into anything by chance, I can't remember what the program for that was called, but I'll think of it at one point. Oh yeah, and Marvin! The depressed robot, I thought he was hilarious!

Overall, this trilogy is in my top favorites! :joy:

"Don't panic!" xD

Posted

The tv series is amazing and I loved the movie. I haven't read the book though, but I'm sure I'd love that to :P

Posted

what "trilogy"? there are four books in the series:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The Resturaunt at the End of the Universe

So Long and Thanks For All the Fish

Life, the Universe, and Everything.

and i love them. all of them. I've even read the Zaphod short story.