Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

do you home school?

17 posts in this topic

Posted

i was just wandering if any of you are as lucky as me. when i wake up i eat breakfast and then i go into my room.i stay in my room and do school work for about an hour and a half and then im free for the day :) and i was just wandering if any of you home school.

do you?

Posted

I wish I was home schooled... :unsure: Not having to wake up to walk a mile to school would be great...

Then again, school helps me meet new people. :)

Posted

yea thats the only thing i liked about public school. the bus driver was a jerk! :angry:

Posted

Sometimes I feel like living in school. Two or three days per week I spend literally all my day in my school, so I only get home, have dinner and then go to sleep :embarrassed:

But that's not your point right...? :embarrassed:

I don't know, I don't think I would like to have home school... I like school

Posted

I am fairly against home schooling because the teachers are sometimes not qualified, and also they choose the topics for you to learn about - so they can choose completely irrelevant topics. schools have a set list of things they need to teach the students.

Also, some home school children don't develop the basic social skills you would learn in a school playground.

Though i'm not trying to discourage you The Dark One, if your happy and think its worthwhile then its all good =)

Posted

we've always had awesome bus drivers on our bus....

An hour and a half each day does seem like much too little though, at least double that ought to be necessary, well, not at the weekends and when holidays would be of course, but still...

Posted

I've never had home schooling, but I know a few people who have.

Posted

Nope I was taught at public school, and i turned out just fine. One thing you miss by being home schooled, HOT TEACHERS!!!!!!! My Social Studies teacher Freshman year of High School Barbra Sjodin Smokin' hottie. My teachers were like friends when I graduated they all showed their support to me, I tearing up typing this.

I'd like to take this time to thank them

Mr. Newton(Principal)

Mr. Fahey(Art Teacher and Father of MTV personality Damien Fahey REALLY I met him cool guy)

Coach Dube

Mr. Hare

And other who although had a huge impact on my high school career, their names escape me at the moment.

Posted

I wish that i was still home schooled :unsure: i was home schooled in the 3rd and 4th grade it was nice getting up in the morning and only doing schoolwork for about 2 to 3 hours

Posted

I used to be home schooled, it was the life. Then my mom got a job to support us and we had to go to school. Now I'm in the IB program and have very little free time ever :sadness: .

Posted

an hour and a half is still to much for me school is on my top most hate things on earth right under JaNelle :angry: she needs to DIE!!!!!!!!!! (really long story)

Posted

I'm glad I'm not homeschooled. There's no kids where I live, I would have no friends, actully the only reason we moved was so I could go to a good school, so I would be totally different...(I used to live in a bad neribourhood :unsure: ) (sorry, spell check broke :embarrassed: )

Posted

I used to be home schooled, now I go to puplic and I peferr it due to athletics.

Posted

wow this topic died fast :huh:

im glad i home school because you don't have to wake up early,no home work,and you can play video games alot more :joy: but i don't have more than like...what? 4 friends i think.(besides on here)

Posted

Yeah, but in school, friends betray ya more *sigh* I don't feel like talking about it right now, I might post a topic about it, I need to vent...