Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What Languages Do You Speak?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Other than English, I'm proficient in Japanese (here I come, Japan Bowl 2008!), and I speak a little Tagalog (from my parents), Korean (from my Korean friends) and Spanish (which is inevitable since Mexico is fifteen minutes away).

Boku wa Eigo to, Nihongo o ryuuchou ni hanasu de, chotto Firipingo to, Kankokugo to, Supeingo hanasu dekimasu. :D

Posted

Well,I know english,some German[not much at all,though]some spanish,some french,and that's about it.

Posted

I speak English & French, but I want to learn Spanish more then French. The only thing I know in Spanish is pour-kay (I don't know how to spell it) and that means 'Why'. My friend taught it to me lol. :D

Posted

I know English, duh, some Spanish, being that I'm Hispanic, and some Japanese. :biggrin:

Posted

I know English, duh, some Spanish, being that I'm Hispanic, and some Japanese. :biggrin:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I know some japanese. But only words, can't do full sentences yet. Subbed Anime really can teach you stuff lol.

Posted

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I know some japanese. But only words, can't do full sentences yet. Subbed Anime really can teach you stuff lol.

Yeah, I can't make sentences either, I learned most of it from reading fanfics with some Japanese in them.

Posted

Subbed Anime really can teach you stuff

Subbed anime as a way to learn Japanese is actually one of the more less effective ways to learn a language. You're better off with phrase books/reference books, or taking a Japanese course in school.

Posted

Hmnh...wel...

I know English...

Some french, but I cant make any sentances quite yet...

and some japanese. I know more japanese than french, and I'm currently using a teach yourself type of book to learn it. I can make some small sentances and introduce myself, but thats about it. nor can I read any japanese. heh.

Btw, subbed anime can only teach you a coupple of practically useless words XD like boy,(shonen) and girl (Shojo) and... I learned the word dark (Yami) from it too. not too much o.o

Posted

I'm learning Japanese at the moment, not from anime stuff though, I'm using a phrase book thingy and working my way through it, of course I'm gonna need to know more if I want to have a decent conversation with Miyamoto in his native language :P

(Shigeru Miyamoto actually has very good English, he just feels more comfortable speaking in his native Japanese)

Posted

i know english and vvery few french. and i know yes in german: da :)

Posted

Well, I speak Norwegian (duh) as well as Swedish and Danish. They're mostly the same language. I don't speak English, though. D: I know a little bit German, and a little bit more Spanish.

Posted

dewa mata ashita (for lack of being able to write Japanese symbols)

Posted

dewa mata ashita (for lack of being able to write Japanese symbols)

今までどのくらい日本語をべんきょうしてきましたか。

Ima made dono kurai Nihongo o benkyoo shitekimashita ka?

How long have you been studying Japanese?

Even in Japan, writing in Romaji is common. Along with writing the characters, school kids are also required to learn to write in Romaji as well (common curtesy for people who can't read characters).