Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Good Sound Files?

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I go to Blue Laguna.net to download Zelda music for a Flash thing I'm working on, but I can't import them into flash because "there was a problem reading" some of the files. And no wonder, the files sizes were HUGE!!!! And I tried MIDIs, but the sound quality is soooooooooooooo bad. Do you know where I can get good quality sound files that are less than 1,000 KB in size?

Posted

AFAIK.. There is no such thing.. I am a music student so you'd think I would have heard of something if it was around, but you got your basic MIDI file which just the melody and very simple & plain instruments, then the next lowest sound quality is the Mp3 (Along with other audio files like .aac, .wma, .ogg, .m4a, etc) then you have your wav file which is roughly 10x as big as the mp3, with alot more quality.

Think of it this way - if there was such a file, don't you think everyone would be using it? :P

unless of course it had some serious draw backs.

I dont know why you're getting the flash error, I'm no good with flash but you could try updating and or finding a flash help page off google. Or perhaps there is something wrong with the mp3 you're trying to use - try getting another version of it?

Posted

But i think it was because the file size was over 1,000 KB. only the mp3 files under 1,000 KB were successfully imported.

Posted

The average mp3 is around 3 or 4 MB, so if there is a file size limit on the audio you can use then you may either need to use MIDI or get a program that can cut the song - and get rid of the parts you dont want.

Posted

Yay! Problem solved. I got the mp3 files from ZREO instead. and they import into Flash just great. Zuzu, now that the problem has been solved, can you lock the thread?