Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Okami Heading to the wii

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Capcom have confirmed that they are porting the much touted Okami onto the wii, complete with full utilisation of the the wiimote. The title is currently down to be released in Spring 2008.

Okami was released late last year as a ps2 title, widely considered to have taken at least it's inspiration for Zelda. For some people, some people found Okami even better than Twilight Princess, most of them owning ps2s and no gamecube or wii however. Still, it is good to see such a great game being ported to the wii, confirming rumours that have been floating around for a couple of months now.

------

The game sees you control a wolf in an overly stylised and artistic environment, inspired by Japanese folklore. The game itself will be a direct port of the ps2 version, so you can read up on the gameplay on that front, but on the wii you will also control Amaterasu's Celestial Brush - a paintbrush used in combat and for solving puzzles - with the wiimote and there will be other gesture based actions for physical combat.

Posted

That's awesome! Okami is cool. :D

Posted

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAAY!!!!~

*Baloons!!*

Okami was made for the Wii!! This is the perfect fit!!!

Posted

w00t :joy: !!

Posted

Kind of old news, but still great to know. What'd be better, though, would be an [i]Ookami[/i] game made exclusive for Wii and not just a port. Hopefully Capcom can make use of the Wiimote as well as they did with [i]Resident Evil 4[/i].

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='79223' date='Oct 18 2007, 07:19 PM']Kind of old news, but still great news. What'd be better, though, would be an [i]Ookami[/i] game made exclusive for Wii and not just a port. Hopefully Capcom can make use of the Wiimote as well as they did with [i]Resident Evil 4[/i].[/quote]
Yeah,RE4:WE was REALLY good.

Posted

well, i have wanted to play okami for a while now,and the fact that it's heading for the wii!!!!!!!! That is reaally cool, I haven't heard anything along the lines of this. Happy day!

Posted

This is very good.
I wanted to buy this game for PS2 a while ago, but I didn't like the way you had to use the control stick to draw. But now that this control has been implimented for use with the Wii Remote it might actually work.

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='79223' date='Oct 19 2007, 01:19 AM']Kind of old news, but still great to know. What'd be better, though, would be an [i]Ookami[/i] game made exclusive for Wii and not just a port. Hopefully Capcom can make use of the Wiimote as well as they did with [i]Resident Evil 4[/i].[/quote]

it's not old news, Capcom only announced/confirmed it yesterday (when I posted it) but the rumour's been going around for a while now.

Posted

woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Posted

Safe.
Should be pretty cool. :squint:

Posted

pee on people with the wii. sweet

Posted

ok this is really exciting news. I have okami for the ps2 and i loved it. So is this gonna be the exact same game, or like a sequel.

Posted

Exact same game, but with wii controls, kinda like resi 4; Wii edition, just with Okami

Posted

cool! I've always wanted to play that game.