Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resident Evil: UC banned in Germany

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Pegi rated RE:UC 18+. So the under aged RE-fans in Europe will have to bring an adult with them to pick up capcoms new game. Some people got surprised by this, but what is more surprising is that Germany banned the game.

---------

So this is the second game Germany banns this year, manhunt 2 being the first. And that's a record.
What is also surprising is that both of these games where released on the wii, considering that Nintendo has gone for a "happy family" sort of image.

Posted

Germany has a history of banning several games, so this isn't too much of a surprise

I think if theres red blood from human like figures, its banned in Germany.

What is surprising is that its an 18+, must be quite a savage game.

Posted

:cry: Wow that really, REALLY, sucks. Two great games banned in Germany. Luckly i live in the US. But still...... Its not fair for the people over @ Germany. I know what we should do. LETS SIGN A PETITION FOR THEM!!!!! (Like it would make a difrence)

Posted

It's a bit cruel to say "owned" so I won't say it.
But, it's a bit unfortunate for people in Germany. =[

Posted

Man...two games already...If it really bothers alot of you guys, then just order from some US online store. That way you guys can get it shipped to you without the bans. But don't get caught with it. Then you'll be in big trouble.

Posted

wiis are region locked, so they'd have to buy a wii from America in order to play the game on.

Posted

Wow. That sucks. Germany needs to lighten up.

I just found out that my version of OoT is censured. When Link slashes Ganon three times at the end the blood is green. On my friend's, its red. Looks a lot more gruesome in red. A lot more gruesome.

I thought only Ganon's puking was turned green.

Posted

[quote name='TyjanIg' post='79870' date='Oct 23 2007, 01:13 AM']But don't get caught with it. Then you'll be in big trouble.[/quote]

I think it's not a big deal. I'm from Germany and it's not really cumbersome to order banned games from Austria. The games are german and uncut, so it's no problem.

I have to use this method often. :/
Maybe you know, Resident Evil 4 is cut in Germany (on every system..... Game Cube, PS2, PC and Wii...), so I had to order my Wii-Edition of RE4 in Austria. It's easy, so the german gamers have a good alternative to get banned games.

Posted

[quote name='TyjanIg' post='79870' date='Oct 22 2007, 05:13 PM']But don't get caught with it. Then you'll be in big trouble.[/quote]

Why would you get in trouble.
It's not like the german police are going to come round your house and ask you "DO YOU HAVE RESIDENT EVIL ON THE WIIIIII! O_O!" and then discipline you =/

Posted

Nah, but I heard these kids got in trouble somewhere for having GTA: San Andreas when they wern't supposed to.

I didn't think Wiis were region locked? I thought it was like the DS?

Posted

no it's locked... It kind of sucks, but I don't know if I would import any games anyway...

Posted

Damn I don't want to live in Germany anymore.
I was waiting for that game about 2 years I hate it!

Posted

Yeah I was curious to see Sydney's post about it (Him being German and all)- though you could possibly import it from France or Netherlands or another neighbouring country?

I find it strange news.. strange that Germany of all countries bans it.
Usually they are fairly open minded in most things.

Posted

[quote name='ZuZu The Magic Cow' post='80556' date='Oct 25 2007, 05:34 AM']Yeah I was curious to see Sydney's post about it (Him being German and all)- though you could possibly import it from France or Netherlands or another neighbouring country?

Usually they are fairly open minded in most things.[/quote]
That really sucks for them lol

Posted

[quote name='ZuZu The Magic Cow' post='80556' date='Oct 25 2007, 01:34 PM']Yeah I was curious to see Sydney's post about it (Him being German and all)- though you could possibly import it from France or Netherlands or another neighbouring country?

Usually they are fairly open minded in most things.[/quote]
Yes I'll do that.