Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Resident Evil 4

1 post in this topic

Posted

Resident Evil 4 is a little old to be reviewed, but I decided to review it because it was remade recently. Of course I must review the Wii version, because it is the most recent version, but I've still put Gamecube/PS2/PC in the description, because those matter just as much as the Wii version.

I decided to buy the game in early 2006 in GAME (a UK based games shop) in Bournemouth. At first I was too scared to even do the castle section, and every time I tried, I started to shake uncontrolably. I soon found out it is cured by getting a friend to sit next to you! This game is incredibly hard, I mean I only completed this game fully on monday!

Anyway, on to the review.

------

WARNING!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!

This game is split into 6 sections, titled Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5 and The Final Chapter. If I remember correctly, Chapter 1, 2 and 3 is set in the Village, Chapter 3, 4 and 5 is set in the Castle and Chapter 5 and The Final Chapter is set on the Island. Each chapter is set in to 4 smaller chapters.

The story starts in 2004 when the president of the USA's daughter was kidnapted when buy a strange group. Leon Scott Kenedy travels to a western european country (read Spain) where he meets a horde of murderous villagers who attempt to murder him. After rescuing Ashley he travels to a castle. Ashley is then kidnapped and Leon has to go to a small island to find her. Then Leon kills the main bad guy, Sadler, and goes home. That's the basic outline of the story, but the actual game has many more twists and turns but that was all I could tell you without giving too much spoilers.

The enemys in this game are much cleverer than the series previous enemys. Early on in the game you can hide in a house with a shotgun and shoot the enemys heads off, but the trouble begins when you try and destroy the parasites coming out of the villagers neck (they only come when you've blasted there heads off) and fend off the chainsaw wielding loonatic called Dr. Salvador. One wrong me around him and your head will no longer be snugly placed above your neck (only if you're on the Gamecube, PC or PS2 version. If you're on the Wii then all that happens is that your neck gets a very, very bad cut.)

The graphics on this game is possibly the best on the Wii. The graphics are so realistic, at times you do believe that you are in the came. You are Leon Kennedy, you are shooting at villagers for a minute. Of course the are some graphic glitches, but none of them are that important and none of them change the gameplay. Good graphics enhance the fear too, and that cann't be a bad thing.

If you decide to buy this game you are advised to play it in the dark, at 3 A.M, with the sound up, on your own. Terifying stuff.

All in all, this game gets a big fat

98 out of 100