Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: The Final Fight

9 posts in this topic

Posted

This is my first ever fanfic, so please be nice. Here goes...

Link walked into the huge, cavernous room. He jumped as the door slammed behind him. That's strange... he thought. Where is everybody? Suddenly, a deep, booming voice echoed around the room. "Ha ha ha... Link... I've been expecting you..." "Who are you? Show yourself!" Shouted Link. "As you wish..." Replied the voice. Just then, a giant, purple portal appeared out of nowhere. A figure began to appear out of the portal. As the fog cleared, Link thought he could recognise the figure... "Ganondorf!" he yelled. "Hehehe... How'd you guess?" "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!" Link screamed as he lunged towards the evil king, sword in hand. Ganondorf jumped out of the way, pulled out a massive glowing sword, then did a backslash. The swipe only just cut Link's cheek. "NOW WHO HAS THE UPPER HAND, BOY?!?!" Yelled Ganondorf as he strafed around the room. Link started to run for cover, but as he passed around a boulder, he ran into the very person he was fighting. Ganondorf. "YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM THE SHADOW!!! YOUR POWERS ARE NOTHING TO MINE!!!" "Then I will use that against you" Link replied coolly, as he slashed wildly at Ganon. "A few mere slashes will do nothing, so don't try it!" said Ganondorf. "Wasn't aiming for you!" Yelled Link. He had actually been cutting some ropes suspendiong a boulder, high above. Ganondorf had to stretch his hand up to stop the boulder from crushing him. The boulder simply shattered into peices. Link saw this as his chance. He quickly spoke an incatation on the Master Sword, then attacked. Ganon groaned as he saw the blade sticking out of his stomach. "WHAT? NO!!!" He screamed. "THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!!" "You can't hide... From the Light..." Link panted. "It's over..."

And indeed it was.

So... Tell me whatcha' think! :embarrassed: I'm rather proud of it, seeing as I wrote it in 10 minutes...

Posted

thats all....it was good but you should add more

Posted

Wow... Um...

This doesnt even count as a short story. It was one, extended paragraph. Your grammar and general story telling ability is terrible.

You had no build up, your action was lackluster at best, and the ending less than satisfactory.

Stay in school, do English, and come back when you've read a few good books. I suggest 'The Hobbit' by J.R. Tolkien and some of the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.

Reading good stories is the best way to learn how to write them.

Posted

This is my first ever fanfic, so please be nice. Here goes...

Link walked into the huge, cavernous room. He jumped as the door slammed behind him. That's strange... he thought. Where is everybody? Suddenly, a deep, booming voice echoed around the room. "Ha ha ha... Link... I've been expecting you..." "Who are you? Show yourself!" Shouted Link. "As you wish..." Replied the voice. Just then, a giant, purple portal appeared out of nowhere. A figure began to appear out of the portal. As the fog cleared, Link thought he could recognise the figure... "Ganondorf!" he yelled. "Hehehe... How'd you guess?" "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!" Link screamed as he lunged towards the evil king, sword in hand. Ganondorf jumped out of the way, pulled out a massive glowing sword, then did a backslash. The swipe only just cut Link's cheek. "NOW WHO HAS THE UPPER HAND, BOY?!?!" Yelled Ganondorf as he strafed around the room. Link started to run for cover, but as he passed around a boulder, he ran into the very person he was fighting. Ganondorf. "YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM THE SHADOW!!! YOUR POWERS ARE NOTHING TO MINE!!!" "Then I will use that against you" Link replied coolly, as he slashed wildly at Ganon. "A few mere slashes will do nothing, so don't try it!" said Ganondorf. "Wasn't aiming for you!" Yelled Link. He had actually been cutting some ropes suspendiong a boulder, high above. Ganondorf had to stretch his hand up to stop the boulder from crushing him. The boulder simply shattered into peices. Link saw this as his chance. He quickly spoke an incatation on the Master Sword, then attacked. Ganon groaned as he saw the blade sticking out of his stomach. "WHAT? NO!!!" He screamed. "THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!!" "You can't hide... From the Light..." Link panted. "It's over..."

And indeed it was.

So... Tell me whatcha' think! :embarrassed: I'm rather proud of it, seeing as I wrote it in 10 minutes...

how do you post fan fics :wacko:

Posted

Wow... Um...

This doesnt even count as a short story. It was one, extended paragraph. Your grammar and general story telling ability is terrible.

You had no build up, your action was lackluster at best, and the ending less than satisfactory.

Stay in school, do English, and come back when you've read a few good books. I suggest 'The Hobbit' by J.R. Tolkien and some of the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.

Reading good stories is the best way to learn how to write them.

I DID say it was my first ever fanfic, and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH MY SPELLING AND GRAMMAR!!! :angry:

This was just a 5-minute fanfic, which I wrote the day after I joined!

And, I am completely obsessed with reading!!! I own the FULL SET of Deltora Quest, EVERY ___-OLOGY BOOK, EVERY HARRY POTTER BOOK, THE HOBBIT, THE LoTR TRILOGY, AND THE ELENIUM TRILOGY!!!

AND EVERY ONE OF THEM HAS BEEN READ BY ME!!!

Posted

Dude... Chill. It was alright. Aatch is like the critic around here. He nit-picks most of the errors so you can get better at your next story. Don't take it personally.

Posted

I DID say it was my first ever fanfic, and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH MY SPELLING AND GRAMMAR!!! :angry:

This was just a 5-minute fanfic, which I wrote the day after I joined!

And, I am completely obsessed with reading!!! I own the FULL SET of Deltora Quest, EVERY ___-OLOGY BOOK, EVERY HARRY POTTER BOOK, THE HOBBIT, THE LoTR TRILOGY, AND THE ELENIUM TRILOGY!!!

AND EVERY ONE OF THEM HAS BEEN READ BY ME!!!

i don't believe you've read those books, i assume you feel ashamed about atach not liking your fanfic (true, i think it's awful) and you either

1. lied about reading those books

2. read them all, but have completely forgotten how to set out a story.

the plot was poor too. ganondorf fights link... nothing special.

if we all made 10 minute fan fics from the first things that pop into our heads then they wouldn't be fanfics, they'd be an unorganised poor plot.

think about your plot, and don't make fanfics with little thought into them.

this is my opinion, you can't get enraged at my view.

regards - LDGM

Posted

Thank you LDGM. As a continuation of his point. I'd like to say that, as this is your first fanfic, that means you should put more effort into it, not less.

10 minutes, I spend that writing an introduction, usually about 3 or 4 times.

If you write a terrible story, expect a terrible review. Saying "its my first fanfic" or "It only took me 10 minutes" will not improve the quality of your writing. Only serve to lower the opinion of fellow writers of you.

Posted

I can't even get an introduction done in ten minutes, if that. Intros take me half an hour at least, and that's for oneshots only. If I'm doing a multi-chap, the first chapter could take as long as a number of hours to even days.