Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

the heros blood

1 post in this topic

Posted

this is all that i wrote so far i have a major writers block

Chapter 1

My heart is beating rapidly. My eyes are closed. My entire body is numb.

I have no idea who I am.

I do know that the number 16 comes to mind. My age maybe?

I manage to open my eyes, only to slam them shut again because of the sunlight. I realize that I am laying on my back, with my eyes pointing toward the sun. I slowly open my eyes and get up onto my feet.

Back on my feet. Getting up like that seemed symbolic to me. It was a wakeup call. I had stayed on the ground after regaining consciousness for almost an hour. Thinking. Contemplating exactly who I was. Where I came from. Where I was. Getting up, back on my feet, seemed to be equivalent of starting life off again. Getting back on track.

I looked around. I could see that I was on a plain in what seemed to me as the middle of nowhere. An oasis of a desert, nothing on any side as far as I could see but grass and a long stream. I also found that I was not alone. There was a boy who seemed about as old than I appear to be, dressed in green clothes. He had a sword in his right hand, a shield in his left, and a belt on his waist large enough to hold many things in. Sprawled on the grass beside him was a girl, about his age, dressed in a blue jacket and blue pants that were just tight enough to be flexible, but loose enough to be comfortable. She was equipped with a bow and arrows. There was one more girl next to her wearing a white dress, with a matching boomerang that had been made using the blade of a sword, and next to her was a male with an all black outfit on and a large rod with a blade on each end.

I was wearing red, I observed as I looked down for the first time in what must have been days. I looked to my left, then to my right, and found one sword on each side of me. Why did we have these weapons, and what was in store for me and these people? And who were these people anyway? I was not sure, but I did know that I couldn't just leave them here, unconscious, unaware of what was happening. I walked to the stream nearby and gathered as much water as I could in my hands, but I couldn't carry enough to awaken these people. So I tried to yell to them. They could follow my voice to consciousness.

"Hey!" I yelled, my voice dry and raspy from being silent for days. "Excuse me! Can any of you hear me?"

After continuing this for around five minutes, the boy in green began to stir. He rolled to the side and let out a groan before he came to his senses and shot up, eyes opened wide, then closed tight because of the bright sunbeams, the same thing that I had done. Once his eyes opened again he just sat there, upright, thinking. Finally he spoke.

Chapter 2

"Where am I?" the boy in green said cluelessly. "...Who am I?"

He had not yet noticed me, and when he did, he stared curiously.

"He...hello, I'm..." I said kindly before remembering that I didn't know who I was.

"You're..." he said, coaxing me to finish my sentence.

"... I don't really know who I am..."

"Well that makes two of us," the boy said.

There was a brief silence. The boy was busy trying to think.

"16..."

"Huh?" I said in confusion.

"16..." the boy repeated. "Is it my age?"

"Oh," I said. " I think 16 is my age, too. It just came to mind when I regained consciousness."

"Yes, that is what happened to me." the boy looked around. "Who are these people?"

"I have no ide-"

Suddenly the girl in the dress turned over and stood on her feet. She was a little shorter than i was, and a little slimmer. She looked toward the boy and I.

"Hello..." she said in a soft innocent voice. She spoke like a child without a memory, unaware of anything other than what was happening.

"Hello," the boy and I both said.

This was the proccess. Someone would awaken, greet the people who were conscious around them, express their confusion, search themselves for some sort of clue to their identity, mention the number 16, and then someone else would awaken. This continued until 5 people were standing and confused.

"So where are we supposed to go from here?" the boy in black said. He seemed to want to find his true identity the most, always eager to go forward to find out what was behind him.

"First of all, we need to figure out a way to identify ourselves," said the boy in green. He seemed to show the leadership qualities that we needed, but never seemed to want to fully use them.

"Any ideas?" the girl in the dress said. She was the shy type, but she always seemed to be hiding something.

The girl in blue shrugged. She seemed to be very energetic and outgoing. Suddenly she looked at me. "Got a plan?" she said.

"Well," I Started, "maybe we could use a color system. The colors that we are wearing. So I will be Pyro because of my red outfit, the boy in green will just be Ivan as in 'ivy', you in black can be Onyx, The girl in the white dress is Pure, and the girl wearing blue is Aqua."

"It sounds awkward, but i guess that would work," Ivan said.

"Right now, the real question is how do we get there?" said Onyx.

"If we could see a little further down then at least we would know which way to start walking," Pure said. "Does anyone have a telescope or something?"

Ivan's hand shot into the air. He pulled a red telescope out of his belt. "I found it when we all checked ourselves for clues to our identities," he said. He put the smaller end up to his eye and checked the surroundings. He finally spotted something southeast of us. "It's a small town," he said, "but it'll work. And it's not far."

We Started our walking. We talked the entire time that we walked. We got to know ourselves, and each other, a little better. And we were bonding. We all became friends, and were able to trust each other a little better. Pure, however, seemed very shy around Ivan. She would blush when he tried to start a conversation with her, and she spoke softly around him and giggled a lot. He decided that he would worry about that later.

As we were walking we spotted another girl who was unconscious. She was wearing a yellow shirt with black pants and yellow shoes. She had a weapon with her too: a circular blade with a handle attached to a retractable rope inside of it. I wondered why she wasn't with us, but that didn't really matter. I got down next to her and shook her gently, attempting to wake her up. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me.

"Hello," I said softly. She smiled sweetly. She had a smile that could make other people happy.

"Hello," she whispered. Then the smile on her face dissapeared. " Do you... Know who I am? Or where I am?"

"No," I said sadly. "We all have the same problem. But, you can come with us to find out."

"Thank you," she said. She turned toward the others. "Hi."

"Hi," they all said.

"Well," I continued, "you're wearing yellow, so I guess we can just call you Star."

"That sounds good," she said, smiling again.

I don't know why, but I seemed to want to talk to Star more. I couldn't though. I was too shy. But I had a funny feeling inside that made me want to make her happy again.

Just to see her smile.

Chapter 3

The first time we had to use our weapons was another wakeup call.

The night had come by then. It was getting late, but we were so close to the town, we decided to keep walking. There was an area were someone had set up camp, and it would have put us out of our way to go around it, so we crept through it and hoped not to disturb anyone. We were unsuccessful.

"What the- who are you?!"

We all turned around to find out who was yelling at us. It was a large man, who we figured was the owner of this camping equipment.

"You're trying to steal from us, aren't you?" he said.

"No," I Started," were just passing through, but were sorry if we-"

"Shut up!!" he yelled, which brought 5 other men from their tents.

"Sir, we were just trying to get to that town over there," Aqua said, trying to make him understand.

"I said shut up!!!" the man screamed as he slapped her.

Onyx had seen enough. He charged in and punched the man in the face, surprisingly knocking him down.

"Get them!!!" the man barked to his comrads. Each of them came for a different one of us, while Onyx took care of their leader.

A rather large man came for me with 2 swords. I drew my two swords. He tried to stab me with a sword, but I dodged him and cut his back. He screamed and fell to the ground, where I stabbed him to death.

Onyx had been fighting the leader hand-to-hand, but the man suddenly pulled out a sword. Onyx extended his retractable rod. The man took a swing at Onyx's head, but Onyx ducked and used the rod to trip the man. He then pointed one of the rod's blades at the man's head.

"This is retribution," Onyx said, "for putting your hands on her!" Before the man could respond, Onyx stabbed him through the head.

Aqua had been watching, starry eyed. She was surprised by Onyx's kindness. Onyx turned to her. She smiled at him. He blushed. Suddenly his eyes widened. "Behind you!" he yelled.

Aqua spun around, coming face to face with a large brute holding his sword high ready to slice her in half. She did a backflip to avoid his swing, and his sword became lodged into the ground. As he struggled to get it loose, Aqua pulled out her bow and an arrow. She fired the arrow which hit him inbetween the eyes.

Meanwhile, Pure had been flipping, jumping and dodging all of her opponents attacks. He thrusted his weapon for her chest, but she spun out of the way. She jumped up and kicked the man in the head, flipping backwards as the man fell to the ground and drawing her boomerang in midair. Upon landing, she threw her boomerang at the man, slicing him in half.

Ivan held up his sheild, blocking one of a man's two swords. His sword was being used to block the other. With no weapon to use for attacking, Ivan instinctivly

Kicked the man in the chest, sending him to the ground. Ivan finished him by stabbing him in his bruised chest.

Star pulled out her circular blade as her opponent pulled out his sword. He lunged it at her chest, but she grabbed his arm and swung him behind her. She then used the rope on her blade to wrap him up, Starting with his feet, and the rope ran out at his neck, causing the blade to stab him in the throat. She pulled the rope back, and the man's lifeless body spun around and fell to the ground.

Our battle was over.

"Wow" was the usual response that we would get from one another. None of us knew that we had those abilities. After everyone recovered from their shock, we would need to move on.

"Let's take some of this camping stuff," Onyx said, "in case we have to travel more."

"Ok," I responded. "If we didn't, it would just go to waste."

We emptied the things in the tents that we didn't need, and Ivan and I each took one of them: a seperate one for the girls, since they needed their privacy. Onyx carried a bag of fresh food that the men had.

We continued in our journey toward the town.