Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Games that stand a chance against OoT

30 posts in this topic

Posted

There are some games that might stand a chance against OoT in the video inclosed on the first page on: "The war on OoT".

What games do YOU think, of any console origin, stand a chance against OoT? Even if they fail in most ways, what games do you think at least stand a chance?

Posted

There are some games that might stand a chance against OoT in the video inclosed on the first page on: "The war on OoT".

What games do YOU think, or any console origin, stand a chance against OoT? Even if they fail in most ways, what games do you think at least stand a chance?

None it's MY favorite game it's my number 1.

Well it's a tie between OoT and MM for 1st but still OoT is the best game ever.

Posted

Anyone else?

Posted

well Twilight Princess, but everyone know's I prefer that anyway.

I would say melee or go one step furthur and say brawl...

Posted

TP was good, albiet I didn't care much for the ending (I have my reasons...). In my opinion, though, I would say that OoT was, by far, the best of the series. If I am correct, it was that game that was the most successful as well. Aside of TP, I would say the only one that rivals this particular game is LttP. I am rather fond of that game as well.

Posted

OoT is the best Zelda game in my opinion, but that does not mean that it is the best game of all time!

Tons of thousands of games could stand up to it, like the Halo series, Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros. series, Splinter Cell, and so mny others.

Don't get me wrong, I love OoT, but it's not my favorite game out of all that I've played. It's my favorite Zelda game. :biggrin:

Posted

super mario galaxy according to metacritic, it's received higher review scores on average than Ocarina of time just, knocking it off the highest rated game spot it's held since it came out. Orange box is close behind in 3rd, but that's technically 5 games.

Posted

I can't see why so many people think of OoT as the best one.

I mean sure, at it's time it was awesome, it introduced a lot of things to 3D gaming, but I still think that Majora's upgraded that and did a better job with lots of things, and that game don't get the love it deserves.

I'm tired of hearing how its the best (when it isn't), and I'm really sick of hearing idiots say that OoT is the first Zelda game.

Also, Majora's field design was better (at least in my opinion), a Big city HUB in the middle, with lots of things to do, gates for each directions, and different themed areas (OoT had this too but, meh). Majora's Mask is the best.

But if I were to pick other games, they would have to be Mother 1, 2 and 3.

Posted

The original Halo :unsure: ...

Posted

i rezently started playin ocarina of time, and I'm at volvagia right now, so as far as I know, Splinter Cell cood stand up to it.

Posted

No game stands a chance against OoT, but I do think that there are other good games

such as....

Prince of Persia

Morrowind

Mario

Arx Fatillis

Sphinx

and for MMO's...

Silk Road

Risk Your Life

Fly For Fun

Just to name a few...

Posted

I can't see why so many people think of OoT as the best one.

I mean sure, at it's time it was awesome, it introduced a lot of things to 3D gaming, but I still think that Majora's upgraded that and did a better job with lots of things, and that game don't get the love it deserves.

I'm tired of hearing how its the best (when it isn't), and I'm really sick of hearing idiots say that OoT is the first Zelda game.

Also, Majora's field design was better (at least in my opinion), a Big city HUB in the middle, with lots of things to do, gates for each directions, and different themed areas (OoT had this too but, meh). Majora's Mask is the best.

But if I were to pick other games, they would have to be Mother 1, 2 and 3.

I don't know mate, there was just something about the feeling Oot gave me that NONE other game ever has given me. That's why it's the best. Not because of the graphics, art design or even gameplay and storyline. But because of the general atmosphere.

Posted

What eye said. hat is the exact reason why I love OoT more than any other game.

Posted

I'll be going on assumptions, so correct me if I'm wrong:

I don't know mate, there was just something about the feeling Oot gave me that NONE other game ever has given me. That's why it's the best. Not because of the graphics, art design or even gameplay and storyline. But because of the general atmosphere.

That is the exact reason why people claim OOT to be the Best Zelda game.

It was probably the first time you ever had 'that feeling', and that is why the game seems so special. If you had played another 3D Zelda game before OOT, you wouldn't think it to be so special.

Posted

I'll be going on assumptions, so correct me if I'm wrong:

That is the exact reason why people claim OOT to be the Best Zelda game.

It was probably the first time you ever had 'that feeling', and that is why the game seems so special. If you had played another 3D Zelda game before OOT, you wouldn't think it to be so special.

I guess you're right about that, but that's why the game always will be special to me. I enjoyed MM, TP and WW too, but OoT still stands out from the crowd, for me at least.