Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My game

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey everyone, I was thinking about making a game, sort of a variation of TLoZ, but I have no idea how to make games. So... Yah. If anyone can make this game for me... That's good. When someone wants to help I'll send you all the stuff that needs to be in it. I don't really have many rupees, but I'll give you all my rupees and all my items if you help me here.

Here's to The Legend of Bob!

Posted

It would help if you could give a bit more information on what you were thinking of/what you want.

Posted

yes, i could help make it , i could start in about......... 1 month if your using pro editon game maker, but if you're only using lite addition, i could probably help if you give me some detail. oh, and i can't help with flash, that's tis' gingerlinks thing.

Posted

When someone wants to help I'll send you all the stuff that needs to be in it.

As quoted from myself.

And I'm using Game Maker 7.0. But Gingerlink, if you want to help me with a Flash-based game, that's great!

Posted

I'm known for extensive GM 7 coding, but I've kinda' left it behind. Trying to learn C++.

I dunno if I want to help you though. I've made some pretty badarse games for GM though.

Screenshots:

bomb2qh0.png

forestjv8.png

forest2pf5.png

It was an abandoned project though... If completed, it would have been an online Zelda arena game.

Sahaqiel

Posted

My suggestion: Don't make topics for fan games that you're just starting, especially if you're still learning how to program the game. Doing this will annoy others and make the progress on the game tedious, because developing such games can take quite a long time, and I doubt that most people will keep interest in the project for the entire span of its development (although there are exceptions, but it's usually rare.) In addition to this, it'll put pressure on you to complete it, as opposed to you working on the project on your own time, with no rush to complete it. You'll enjoy making the game more, and it'll probably be in better quality when it's completed, too.

Also, don't work on the game just to get attention. Such projects usually end up as crap. Work on the project because you WANT to.

You've specifically asked for help on the game from other people, which is definitely not in your time, but theirs. If you truly wanted to do this project in your OWN time, you would complete a decent framework of the game first, and ask for help from other people once you've gotten some material that'll make people willing to help.

I mean, seriously... imagine yourself in their position... would you want to spend a bunch of time making a sprite/song/tileset for someone who's barely gotten started on his/her project? Out of the 100 people who have "prospective" projects, there's only one that actually has something that's worth looking into... and if I were to help someone, I would definitely choose the person who's game looks like it'll get completed.

Posted

I'm known for extensive GM 7 coding, but I've kinda' left it behind. Trying to learn C++.

I dunno if I want to help you though. I've made some pretty badarse games for GM though.

Screenshots:

bomb2qh0.png

forestjv8.png

forest2pf5.png

It was an abandoned project though... If completed, it would have been an online Zelda arena game.

Sahaqiel

Sahaquiel, that's PERFECT!!! If you help me make this game, I shall pay you all of my... Uh... 10-or-so Rupees!!!

:cry:

Of course, GM isn't that hard to do all the spriting and stuff... All I need help with is the scripting.

Posted

My suggestion: Don't make topics for fan games that you're just starting, especially if you're still learning how to program the game. Doing this will annoy others and make the progress on the game tedious, because developing such games can take quite a long time, and I doubt that most people will keep interest in the project for the entire span of its development (although there are exceptions, but it's usually rare.) In addition to this, it'll put pressure on you to complete it, as opposed to you working on the project on your own time, with no rush to complete it. You'll enjoy making the game more, and it'll probably be in better quality when it's completed, too.

Also, don't work on the game just to get attention. Such projects usually end up as crap. Work on the project because you WANT to.

You've specifically asked for help on the game from other people, which is definitely not in your time, but theirs. If you truly wanted to do this project in your OWN time, you would complete a decent framework of the game first, and ask for help from other people once you've gotten some material that'll make people willing to help.

I mean, seriously... imagine yourself in their position... would you want to spend a bunch of time making a sprite/song/tileset for someone who's barely gotten started on his/her project? Out of the 100 people who have "prospective" projects, there's only one that actually has something that's worth looking into... and if I were to help someone, I would definitely choose the person who's game looks like it'll get completed.

hey, Crusnik, can I get a hand? XD

Posted

Well, this certainly puts me in an awkward position. :embarrassed: