Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

freshly picked Tingle's rosy rupeeland review

11 posts in this topic

Posted

freshly picked Tingle's rosy rupeeland (FPTRR) is an interesting spin-off the legend of zelda games, which is now out in Europe and Japan, but a north American release date is unknown. this game was released with tingle's ballon fight, but tingle's ballon fight is only avaliable to platinum nintendo club members of Japan.

===========

The Review

===========

===========

Basic Plot Outline

===========

tingle fans across the world have forever asked the question how tingle's suit came to be. Well the game begins when 35 year ld tingle hears a voice that tells him to go to his nearby pool, and in doing so tingle meets uncle rupee, a strange spirit that tells tingle to keep throwing rupees into the pool and it will grow, when the pool grows high enough, he'll reach a paradise called rupeeland. and so as tingle earns rupees, he throws some into the pool, being careful no to throw too much in because rupees are also tingle's health, and if enough rupees are thrown in, then the pool grows, like a growing tower with a pool on top.

the higher the pool grows the more islands tingle can go to.

===========

gameplay & graphics

===========

one feature i cannot stress enough about this game is saving. if your rupees fall to zero then you will continue the game from when you last saved at your house. this saving system is one i dislike, considering i had to complete the

pirate's fortress

twice because of it. :cry:

another new feature is bodyguards. as you can guess tingle can only fight with fists, not very powerful. so you are advised to hire bodyguards from bodyguard salons, and will attack enemies for you, for a sum of your rupees. if you choose not to have a bodyguard, you must rely on your stylus tapping skills to defeat foes in a comical dustcloud.

the graphics are quite interesting on this game, most of it is in 2-D, similar to minish cap graphics, however some pats, like cooking recipies and the fight with your second boss,

Captain Stalfos,

are in 3D.

===========

cooking

===========

at tingle's house you may use your stylus to cook recipies by tapping the ingrediens, which float in a pot of hot water. ingredients can be collected from the islands and some ingredients are only found on certain islands. recipies can also be purchased, for example, ocean soup is manily made of squid although mushrooms and galic are essential ingredients, only less of them are required. tingle can also cook fireworks and bombs to help him on his quest.

===========

the islands

===========

my final aspect is the islands, they're mostly unique from each other apart from the first and second, which both appear very similar and are large beaches. a smaller exception is the

gooey swamp and the steamy marsh

, which appear very similar, except the enemies, ingredients and the colour scheme is different. Also, on every other island is a dungeon, and although none of the dungeons are too hard, each contains a boss and a super rupee. super rupees are essential items that must be collected in order for the storyline to proceed, they're kind of like the spiritual stones or fused shadows.

===========

conclusion

===========

8/10

i found this game a fun and interesting spin-off to the LoZ series. i personally think the soundtracks could be imporved, although only that, the irritating saving method, and the boredom of collecting rupees to proceed if you have too few, are the main things i think were not so good.

Posted

freshly picked Tingle's rosy rupeeland (FPTRR) is an interesting spin-off the legend of zelda games, which is now out in Europe and Japan, but a north American release date is unknown. this game was released with tingle's ballon fight, but tingle's ballon fight is only avaliable to platinum nintendo club members of Japan.

===========

The Review

===========

===========

Basic Plot Outline

===========

tingle fans across the world have forever asked the question how tingle's suit came to be. Well the game begins when 35 year ld tingle hears a voice that tells him to go to his nearby pool, and in doing so tingle meets uncle rupee, a strange spirit that tells tingle to keep throwing rupees into the pool and it will grow, when the pool grows high enough, he'll reach a paradise called rupeeland. and so as tingle earns rupees, he throws some into the pool, being careful no to throw too much in because rupees are also tingle's health, and if enough rupees are thrown in, then the pool grows, like a growing tower with a pool on top.

the higher the pool grows the more islands tingle can go to.

===========

gameplay & graphics

===========

one feature i cannot stress enough about this game is saving. if your rupees fall to zero then you will continue the game from when you last saved at your house. this saving system is one i dislike, considering i had to complete the

pirate's fortress

twice because of it. :cry:

another new feature is bodyguards. as you can guess tingle can only fight with fists, not very powerful. so you are advised to hire bodyguards from bodyguard salons, and will attack enemies for you, for a sum of your rupees. if you choose not to have a bodyguard, you must rely on your stylus tapping skills to defeat foes in a comical dustcloud.

the graphics are quite interesting on this game, most of it is in 2-D, similar to minish cap graphics, however some pats, like cooking recipies and the fight with your second boss,

Captain Stalfos,

are in 3D.

===========

cooking

===========

at tingle's house you may use your stylus to cook recipies by tapping the ingrediens, which float in a pot of hot water. ingredients can be collected from the islands and some ingredients are only found on certain islands. recipies can also be purchased, for example, ocean soup is manily made of squid although mushrooms and galic are essential ingredients, only less of them are required. tingle can also cook fireworks and bombs to help him on his quest.

===========

the islands

===========

my final aspect is the islands, they're mostly unique from each other apart from the first and second, which both appear very similar and are large beaches. a smaller exception is the

gooey swamp and the steamy marsh

, which appear very similar, except the enemies, ingredients and the colour scheme is different. Also, on every other island is a dungeon, and although none of the dungeons are too hard, each contains a boss and a super rupee. super rupees are essential items that must be collected in order for the storyline to proceed, they're kind of like the spiritual stones or fused shadows.

===========

conclusion

===========

8/10

i found this game a fun and interesting spin-off to the LoZ series. i personally think the soundtracks could be imporved, although only that, the irritating saving method, and the boredom of collecting rupees to proceed if you have too few, are the main things i think were not so good.

Wow I wander if they will make in in the U.S. if so I might get it. Might but it is tingle sooooooo i'll think about it. NO. No offence to tingle fans he just creeps me out. Alot. Still sound good though.

Posted

Wow I wander if they will make in in the U.S. if so I might get it. Might but it is tingle sooooooo i'll think about it. NO. No offence to tingle fans he just creeps me out. Alot. Still sound good though.

:wacko: when did yu get over 2000 posts? :wacko:

anyways, i used to think of tingle just like you, until i got this game, anyway i like to think of this game of europe's way of revenge on north america for getting SSBB way earlier than us.

anyways, took me forever to plan and write that review, i hope it gets moved.

Posted

when did yu get over 2000 posts?

yeah when?

Great review i'm glad you got around to writing it.

Posted

yeah when?

Great review i'm glad you got around to writing it.

thanks, i heard a news submitter was wanted in a topic in the open floor, so to become one i must post either a review or some news.

Posted

Thats cool,can you can post on the main page too?

Posted

Thats cool,can you can post on the main page too?

no, i must post here first and if a mod likes my news/review he/she moves it to the front page.

it'd be good if it gets moved to front page, i'll have made a contribution to the site and my name would be on the front with my article.

i think news submitters can post directly on the front page though.

Posted

:wacko: when did yu get over 2000 posts? :wacko:

anyways, i used to think of tingle just like you, until i got this game, anyway i like to think of this game of europe's way of revenge on north america for getting SSBB way earlier than us.

anyways, took me forever to plan and write that review, i hope it gets moved.

I got my 2000th post in the topic that iamgod about AIM and I used all caps because they are spamming.

Posted

I got my 2000th post in the topic that iamgod about AIM and I used all caps because they are spamming.

okay, only review comments now.

thanks.

regards - LDGM

Posted

I think it is a nice review.

Some grammatical errors but thats ok. :unsure:

This review kinda makes me want to buy it...

kinda.......... :unsure:

(small chance. :unsure: )

First heard about this on a sprite website.(not the soft drink sprite) :unsure:

Posted

First heard about this on a sprite website.(not the soft drink sprite) :unsure:

i first heard about it on wikipedia.