Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 of THE BEST Musical Movies in the Whole Wide World

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, most of you know my slight obsession with the Phantom of the Opera movie. Well, my obsessions back for that, and it's awesome! I HIGHLY suggest watching it.

Now, on another note. I've discovered my second favorite musical movie; Sweeney Todd. Now, it's pretty gory, but it actually does jave some funny parts and great music and it's just so awesome!

Dang, I think I've grown a liking to somewhat dark musicals. The ending of Sweeney Todd is so dang sad though, I think I cried a little. I'm not giving any spoilers away though.

Now, here's a couple of questions. If you guys have seen both films, which do you like better?

Also, what did you think of either of them if you saw either of them?

Posts are welcome.

phantompic.jpg

Phantom of the Opera, 2004.

The Phantom, played by Gerard Butler

tn-500_stonesheet.jpg

Sweeney Todd; The Demon Barber of Fleet Street 2007 Movie

Sweeney Todd aka Benjamin Barker, played by Johnny Depp.

Posted

I'll be honest, I've not seen Phantom, and for my own reasons don't particularly want to.

On the other hand, Sweeney Todd is shaping up to be an incredible film. It's not out for another week or so over here, but I'm very excited. Haven't seen a real musical film for aaaages (come to think of it, when was the last true musical film released?) so should be a treat.

Posted

WHY AM I EVEN HERE? -shot-

XDDD

You know how much I love the damn thing! -cling-

But, guess what.

Whatwhatwhat.

x3

Sweeney Todd got Best Actor and Best Musical Golden Globes today~~ I think it deserves them.