Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Famitsu Magazine: Brawl gets 40/40

7 posts in this topic

Posted

As if you couldn't be any more excited for [i]Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/i]: NeoGAF has scans from Famitsu magazine that show that the game has received a perfect 40/40 review score.

The four reviewers praised the lengthy single-player mode ("you forget the time") and the "surprising" Final Smash super moves.

------

Yes, it's generally agreed upon that [i]Famitsu[/i] scores, and the vast majority of other Japanese magazine coverage, are mostly determined by the exchange of money or other considerations that fall outside of independent editorial judgment.

But Famitsu only very rarely gives this score out, and historically it's only been to one game per console. This is only the seventh 40/40. The others went to [i]The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, Soul Calibur, Vagrant Story, Zelda: Wind Waker, Nintendogs[/i], and [i]Final Fantasy XII[/i].

Point is, no matter how this score came about, this is an excellent sign for [i]Smash Bros[/i].' chances in Japan. Note that the review text still carries the original ship date of January 24, meaning that the delay must really have been a last-minute decision. Speculation on NeoGAF that Nintendo couldn't produce enough copies of the game to meet retailers' unexpectedly high pre-orders would suggest that this one is going to explode out of the gate.

Source: [url="http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/smash-bros-gets.html"]Wired[/url]

-----

[i]Famitsu[/i] is Japan's most prominent gaming magazine, and one of the most famous in the world. The perfect score is definitely saying something, especially when only six other games have gotten that score.

[url="http://brawlcentral.com/famitsu_scans.php"]Here[/url] are scans from the issue of [i]Famitsu[/i] Magazine with all the information.

Posted

I always thought it was a bug and they already wrote a whole bunch of discs so they had to fix the bug, debug more, then print out a whole new batch of them.
That's about the only thing I thought would delay them for so long.
But yeah, this and the appearance of Sheik really gets me going.
I love life right now. =D
Sahaqiel

Posted

I never trust famitsu scores. They rarely ever give a big game a bad score.

Posted

any magazine tends to give a big game a good score and the fact it's a full 40 is a good sign, Galaxy and TP both got 38.

Posted

Wooaaah...Cooool. There are pics of Zero Suit Samus' final smaaaash. And Zelda's light arrows. This magazine is cooool.

Posted

I'm geussing if Famitsu have got to review it and with the Japanese release looming, there's gonna be more info that gets leaked (i.e. other new characters)

Posted

[color="#00bfff"]i'de do anything to get MC or Arbiter in brawl :cry: but thats not going to happen so......YAYZ!!!! it was delayed for a good reason :joy: :D :joy: :D :joy: [/color]