Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Famitsu interviews Shigeru Miyamoto

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Japanese video gaming magazine giant [i]Famitsu[/i] recently interviewed Shigeru Miyamoto. Topics covered after the jump:

-The future of the Wii Balance Board
-[i]Super Mario Galaxy 2[/i]?
-[i]Zelda[/i] Wii
-Nintendo DS in 2008
-Who in the video game industry he admires

------

Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto is interviewed in the latest issue of [i]Famitsu[/i]. While the interview, which was done to commemorate the magazine reaching issue number 1000, is mostly reflection, Miyamoto did give a few hints on future plans.

First, the Balance Wii Board, the peripheral that's included with [i]Wii Fit[/i]. The magazine noted that [i]Wii Fit[/i] has been quite the success story for Nintendo so far. To this, Miyamoto responded that if the game sees success overseas as well, Nintendo may end up releasing separate titles that make use of the peripheral.

The first title to use the Balance Board as an option actually hits Japan tomorrow in the form of Bandai Namco's [i]Family Ski[/i]. Could a certain similarly themed Nintendo franchise be next?

The magazine also asked Miyamoto the inevitable question about sequels, and he gave the expected answer. In case you have to hear to to believe it, Miyamoto is indeed interested in making a [i]Super Mario Galaxy[/i] sequel. He's also thinking about the next [i]Zelda[/i] title.

Miyamoto also gave some vague hints as to Nintendo's plans for the DS this year. Nintendo plans to make it so that you'll be able to use your DS to do a number of interesting things in public spaces. He wouldn't get into specifics. Earlier in the interview, he shared a vision of Nintendo supporting DS owners by setting up servers to create a play environment that's shared between the home and outdoors.

Elsewhere in the interview, Miyamoto gave a special shout out to the games and creators that have caught his eye. Recently, he was impressed with Level 5's [i]Professor Layton[/i] series and its producer, Akihiro Hino. Looking forward, he hopes players will take to the new style of play offered by Konami's Winning Eleven Play Maker 2008.

Source: [url="http://wii.ign.com/articles/848/848543p1.html"]IGN[/url]

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='116681' date='Jan 30 2008, 07:04 PM']Japanese video gaming magazine giant [i]Famitsu[/i] recently interviewed Shigeru Miyamoto. Topics covered after the jump:

-The future of the Wii Balance Board
-[i]Super Mario Galaxy 2[/i]?
-[i]Zelda[/i] Wii
-Nintendo DS in 2008
-Who in the video game industry he admires

------

Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto is interviewed in the latest issue of [i]Famitsu[/i]. While the interview, which was done to commemorate the magazine reaching issue number 1000, is mostly reflection, Miyamoto did give a few hints on future plans.

First, the Balance Wii Board, the peripheral that's included with [i]Wii Fit[/i]. The magazine noted that [i]Wii Fit[/i] has been quite the success story for Nintendo so far. To this, Miyamoto responded that if the game sees success overseas as well, Nintendo may end up releasing separate titles that make use of the peripheral.

The first title to use the Balance Board as an option actually hits Japan tomorrow in the form of Bandai Namco's [i]Family Ski[/i]. Could a certain similarly themed Nintendo franchise be next?

The magazine also asked Miyamoto the inevitable question about sequels, and he gave the expected answer. In case you have to hear to to believe it, Miyamoto is indeed interested in making a [i]Super Mario Galaxy[/i] sequel. He's also thinking about the next [i]Zelda[/i] title.

Miyamoto also gave some vague hints as to Nintendo's plans for the DS this year. Nintendo plans to make it so that you'll be able to use your DS to do a number of interesting things in public spaces. He wouldn't get into specifics. Earlier in the interview, he shared a vision of Nintendo supporting DS owners by setting up servers to create a play environment that's shared between the home and outdoors.

Elsewhere in the interview, Miyamoto gave a special shout out to the games and creators that have caught his eye. Recently, he was impressed with Level 5's [i]Professor Layton[/i] series and its producer, Akihiro Hino. Looking forward, he hopes players will take to the new style of play offered by Konami's Winning Eleven Play Maker 2008.

Source: [url="http://wii.ign.com/articles/848/848543p1.html"]IGN[/url][/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]New Zelda game? Thank you Japan you have you up's and your downs like never mind but still a new zelda game. I hope they make the name cool, and I hope there's another YL type person in it then they can be a YL in SSB... whatever the new one maybe. :evil: I can dream.[/color]

Posted

Making Sir Joshizzle a new submitter was the best idea ever.

Posted

[quote name='Goron Merchant' post='116683' date='Jan 30 2008, 07:10 PM']Making Sir Joshizzle a new submitter was the best idea ever.[/quote]
I agree. :huh:

Posted

[quote name='Goron Merchant' post='116683' date='Jan 30 2008, 06:10 PM']Making Sir Joshizzle a new submitter was the best idea ever.[/quote]

Boy, it sure seems like it. But a Super Mario Galaxy [b][i]2[/i][/b]????? That would be amazing.

But I really think ZeldaWii will bring forth new expectations for action/adventure games.

Posted

I cant wait till the new Zelda game comes out, but the question remains, is Nintendo going to remake a classic Zelda, or continue on with a new game. Either way i am going to buy it as soon as it comes out, hopefully this year. But i never though that Mario Galaxy 2 was in the making. cant wait for that either.

Thanks for the heads up about the games. :embarrassed:

Posted

i had a dream.. (day dream)... what if the new zelda game features toon link? wind waker link with TP style? anythings possible..

Posted

I would love to see a "Link to the Past" in the style of Twilight Princess.

Posted

[quote name='silveryey' post='116709' date='Jan 30 2008, 05:24 PM']I cant wait till the new Zelda game comes out, but the question remains, is Nintendo going to remake a classic Zelda, or continue on with a new game. Either way i am going to buy it as soon as it comes out, hopefully this year. But i never though that Mario Galaxy 2 was in the making. cant wait for that either.

Thanks for the heads up about the games. :embarrassed:[/quote]
I doubt either would come out so soon. Major [i]Mario[/i] and [i]Zelda[/i] titles are always spaced out a couple of years, and delayed a few more in addition to that.

Posted

*bops head with hand firmly*
Every time I see Zelda wii, it's too nostalgic lol. xD :embarrassed:

And Super Mario Galaxy 2 eh? Sounds intriguing.

Posted

[quote name='Goron Merchant' post='116683' date='Jan 31 2008, 12:10 AM']Making Sir Joshizzle a new submitter was the best idea ever.[/quote]
Indeed it was. xD

Posted

I hope they make a new zelda with VAATI in TP form.

Posted

[quote name='Goron Merchant' post='116683' date='Jan 31 2008, 12:10 PM']Making Sir Joshizzle a new submitter was the best idea ever.[/quote]

lol yeah xD

There probably won't be another mario game on the wii though. maybe a paper mario or something, but not the main series.

Posted

Oh god. Super Mario Galaxy 2?
Please. No.
I didn't think much of Super Mario Galaxy, the camera angles were annoying T_T
They coulda done better.

Posted

Hey guys. You seem to be Shigeru Miyamoto experts. I'm doing a thesis on games, and I would like to know if any of you have any idea when and where he said the following: