Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brawl to take 128 blocks of Wii's memory

21 posts in this topic

Posted

If you're somewhat of a Virtual Console game collector, you have a ton of game memory files, or you're downloading every WiiWare channel Nintendo coughs up, it's time to either say goodbye to them, or buy yourself an SD card, because [i]Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/i] is set to take up [i]at least[/i] 128 blocks (roughly 16 MB) of your Wii's internal 512 MB memory.

------
[center][img]http://bbs.wiibbs.com/attachment/Fid_2/2_6738_5bef984f8212cac.jpg[/img][img]http://bbs.wiibbs.com/attachment/Fid_2/2_6738_97b052dae62c9bc.jpg[/img][/center]

Keep in mind that this doesn't count extras from the game that may take up memory, such as custom stages or screenshots. For comparison's sake, check out where [i]Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/i] stands with other WiiWare channels, VC games, and some of Wii's largest games.

Virtual console [i]Paper Mario[/i]: 249 blocks
Opera Internet Channel: 233 blocks
[b][i]Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/i]: 128 blocks[/b]
Virtual Console [i]Mario Kart 64[/i]: 123 blocks
Check Mii Out Channel: 90 blocks
Everybody Votes Channel: 54 blocks
Virtual Console [i]Super Mario Bros.[/i]: 20 blocks
[i]Resident Evil 4 Wii edition[/i]: 2 blocks
[i]Wii Sports[/i]: 2 blocks
[i]Super Mario Galaxy[/i]: 1 block
[i]The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess[/i]: 1 block

Posted

and that is why the wii takes SD cards :P

Posted

[color="#FF8C00"]good thing to. if i didn't have the sd card. . . i would diiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!!![/color]

Posted

Shet!!!!!! It's a good thing i've got two SD cards!

Posted

its a bad thing my sd card broke.. yesterday....

:(

BUT i do have two 512mb ones... yay

Posted

I'd be surprised if that didn't include the space saved for screenshots, custom stages, videos etc. If it was just all the game data it would probabbly be about 20 max...

Posted

Good thing I don't download all the channels or games from the Virtual Console.

Posted

Good crap. That is a lot of memory.

But as Gingerlink said, I can't imagine it being that much without including space for Screenshots and custom stages.
Perhaps 128 Blocks is a maximum.

Posted

Well.. not including the one game I got on Virtual Console (Sin & Punishment), but including all of the other things I've downloaded... plus SSBB, that would be...
509 blocks.
Oh good gosh. :o
Wait.. how many blocks does Sin & Punishment take up?

Posted

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 128 blocks

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: 1 block

O_O
Woah.
Seeing a comparison always helps.
It IS a badarse game.
But unless you download the crap outta' other stuff like VC and have an affinity toward creating a bunch of stages, I doubt you're going to have to worry about memory loss.
Etc. etc.
Sahaqiel

Posted

LOL.
Insane.

Posted

Nope.

[quote]Also, for those of you who haven't seen this already, as previously confirmed, Brawl will be using the Havoc engine and it seems that it will take up 128 blocks of memory to save. [b]Don't forget to add replays, snapshots, stages, ect to that amount since it seems this is only the base amount of memory for records, SSE, and other pre-made features![/b][/quote]

Also, awesome. I didn't know they actually were using the Havoc engine. I thought that was just a rumor.
Yanno' what? I think it's time to merge a bunch of Brawl threads and keep that one updated.
Shall I?
Sahaqiel

Posted

Holy crap. Why does [b]Paper Mario[/b] take so much!?! Its a N62 game and it takes nearly twice as much memory as SSBB!!!

Posted

And Paper Mario doesn't have 314 songs in its soundtrack.
Three hundred fourteen songs of EPICNESS.
LIKE THE SONG OF STORMS/GANONDORF'S THEME/SERENADE OF WATER REMIX. (Mostly Song of Storms)
Thank me for this.
[url="http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=g8F32768vHw"]http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=g8F32768vHw[/url]
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Goron Merchant' post='117901' date='Feb 3 2008, 07:12 PM']Holy crap. Why does [b]Paper Mario[/b] take so much!?! Its a N62 game and it takes nearly twice as much memory as SSBB!!![/quote]
you guys seem to be getting mixed up, paper mario here is the n64 game, the WHOLE game, as you download it off the virtual console.

The 128 blocks here is purely for the save files of SSBB...the rest of the data's on the disk..