Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo wins two of nine AIAA Award nods

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Nintendo came away from the 11th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards with two statues last night.

------

The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences named [i]The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass[/i] Handheld Game of the Year. [i]Super Mario Galaxy[/i] took Adventure Game of the Year. The AIAA is part of the 2008 Design, Innovate, Communicate, Entertain conference in Las Vegas.

Nintendo was nominated for a total of nine awards in eight categories. The statues are a nice addition to the 2.5 million copies of [i]Super Mario Galaxy[/i] and more than 1.1 million copies of [i]The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass[/i] sold.

The top winners were [i]Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare[/i] by Activision, [i]BioShock[/i] by 2K Games, and [i]The Orange Box: Portal[/i] by Electronic Arts and Valve Software, each with four awards.

The full list of winners can be viewed [url="http://news.filefront.com/call-of-duty-bioshock-and-orange-box-take-top-honors-at-interactive-achievement-awards/"]here[/url].

Source: Nintendo Press Release

Posted

wait, if there were nine, how did those 3 get 4 each?

Posted

There were 24 categories that night. Nintendo was nominated in nine of them, and won two: Adventure Game of the Year ([i]Super Mario Galaxy[/i]), and Handheld Game of the Year ([i]The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass[/i]).

Posted

Don't like those games haha.

Posted

which ones? all of them? or the non Nintendo ones?

if you include galaxy into that, you fail, I can understand how some people don't like phantom hourglass though, regardless, I loved it :D

Posted

No surprises here. Nintendo have brought video games to the future.

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='119447' date='Feb 9 2008, 07:22 PM']which ones? all of them? or the non Nintendo ones?

if you include galaxy into that, you fail, I can understand how some people don't like phantom hourglass though, regardless, I loved it :D[/quote]

I don't like Galaxy and Phantom Hourglass.
Wayyyyy too childish for me :l, it makes me feel ill at how childish they are.
The camera angles for Galaxy are retarded.

And also, I had a quick look through the other games listed for awards, and I was quite annoyed, cos those aren't very good games either :l
BioShock is the only decent one really.

Posted

he he, don't know what you're missing because you're taking that view :D

portal deserves plenty of awards, Bioshock was a good idea, but I found it got repetitive, havn't had the chance to get stuck into COD4 yet.