Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Five killed in Illinois university shooting, including gunman.

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Following a few recent school shootings across the US, including the infamous Virginia Tech incident, a gunman opened fire at Northern Illinois University, killing four before committing suicide.

------

A gunman dressed in black snuck onto Norther Illinois University's campus into a geology lecture hall. He snuck behind the classroom's screen in the front of the room before he opened fire on the class, killing four before killing himself.

The man appears to not be a student at the university, nor does he seem to have had a motive.

Classes were cancelled Thursday night, as well as all through Friday.

Source: [url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/niu_shooting"]Yahoo! News[/url]

Posted

OMG. Thats sad Depressing for today.

Posted

Well, this is terrible. And on Valentine's Day, too. How ironic (I think that's irony). I guess he loved them to death...Sorry. Bad joke; I'm having a bad day.

Posted

[quote name='Vadarth X' post='120698' date='Feb 14 2008, 09:17 PM']Well, this is terrible. And on Valentine's Day, too. How ironic (I think that's irony). I guess he loved them to death...Sorry. Bad joke; I'm having a bad day.[/quote]

lol yeah and some people are just messed up

Posted

Sad news... but also ironic - Its just like GM said. '[i]The number of suicides on Valentine's Day is more than any other day of the year. Every year.[/i]'

Posted

damn these school shooting

Posted

[color="#008080"][size=1][font="Arial Black"]<_< Don't QUOTE me on it.
But we were talking about it in school today...
I heard that they took 15 into the hospital...
And it's been updated to seven dead, including the gunman.
But then that might just be the story running wild. I don't know.[/font][/size][/color]

Posted

[quote name='Kimmy' post='120940' date='Feb 15 2008, 05:09 PM'][color="#008080"][size=1][font="Arial Black"]<_< Don't QUOTE me on it.
But we were talking about it in school today...
I heard that they took 15 into the hospital...
And it's been updated to seven dead, including the gunman.
But then that might just be the story running wild. I don't know.[/font][/size][/color][/quote]
I think that's the right number. I put up the article last night when it just came out so it's pretty outdated by now.

There's school today for you? I lack school. Four day weekend. Mmhm.

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='120950' date='Feb 15 2008, 08:31 PM']I think that's the right number. I put up the article last night when it just came out so it's pretty outdated by now.

There's school today for you? I lack school. Four day weekend. Mmhm.[/quote]
[color="#008080"][size=1][font="Arial Black"]I had school today, but I don't have it all next week. <3 I thought it was a nice trade-off, you know, instead of missing Friday I miss Monday-Friday. <3[/font][/size][/color]

Posted

Oh wow. My friend's bro goes to that university. It's not far from here. He wasn't hurt though. We were talking about it.
Shootings are bad. )=
Sahaqiel

Posted

Can ya beleive it?

I have a 4-day weekend, too :o

I mean that with the most sarcasim as I can give XD

But, this is tragic..

And do you know what else?

At a [i]Middle School [/i]in my town, one of the students got shot [u]through the head[/u] in the computer lab because the two students got into a fight about....pardon me.... gay people because one of the students were gay. The "strait" student had kept picking on him about his "sexual preferences" per se. The "gay" student had finally [b]snapped [/b]and brought the gun to school and shot the "strait" student through the head. The "strait" student is now brain dead in a hospital. The case in unknown and the parents have the difficult dicission if they are going to keep their son brain dead in a hospital bed or to take him off of Life Support.

And all over just picking on people.

Our teacher gave us a speech about picking on people because of this incident.

It is very tragic the treating of one human to another :cry:

Posted

LOL that gunman should've killed himself first! As god as my witness, he knows me typing this!