Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mario Kart Wii And Wii fit EU Release Dates, Also Wiiware date for the US

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, as opposed to the usual scheme of things at the moment *stares evily at blank space in the EU Brawl release date*, Nintendo have announced the dates for two of the wii's biggest games today. No, still nothing for super smash bros. brawl, will it ever be released in Europe, is this really THAT related to the article? Will I actually ever say what the release dates are? Find out after the jump

------

Mario Kart Wii will be released in Europe on April 11th, only a single day after the Japanese release date. There doesn't appear to have been any rumblings about an American release date, but it looks as though it's likely it will either be a simultaneous worldwide release or Europe will actually get something before America (this may be trying to makes up for the lack of brawl, which in my opinion = fail).

Wii fit will be released in Europe on the 25th of April, wheras the wall street journal seems to indicate the American release date will be on May 19th, double score for Europe, but still not enough to make up for Brawl...

What's with April all of a sudden anyway? Is this strategic to try and compete somewhat with GTA IV (released on 29th of April Worldwide)? Is this when Brawl will be released as well in Europe? We may never know...

Wiiware will also be released in the US as from the 12th of May, there is currently no EU date.

P.S. No of times annoyance about brawl still not having a release date in this news post = 5

Posted

I like Mario Kart, but why Europe first? Oh well Europe has to wait for brawl.

Posted

Just great... here i was saving money for brawl, and then this T_T (I will still stick to brawl tough ^^)

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='122218' date='Feb 20 2008, 01:29 PM']Well, as opposed to the usual scheme of things at the moment *stares evily at blank space in the EU Brawl release date*, Nintendo have announced the dates for two of the wii's biggest games today. No, still nothing for super smash bros. brawl, will it ever be released in Europe, is this really THAT related to the article? Will I actually ever say what the release dates are? Find out after the jump

------

Mario Kart Wii will be released in Europe on April 11th, only a single day after the Japanese release date. There doesn't appear to have been any rumblings about an American release date, but it looks as though it's likely it will either be a simultaneous worldwide release or Europe will actually get something before America (this may be trying to makes up for the lack of brawl, which in my opinion = fail).

Wii fit will be released in Europe on the 25th of April, wheras the wall street journal seems to indicate the American release date will be on May 19th, double score for Europe, but still not enough to make up for Brawl...

What's with April all of a sudden anyway? Is this strategic to try and compete somewhat with GTA IV (released on 29th of April Worldwide)? Is this when Brawl will be released as well in Europe? We may never know...

P.S. No of times annoyance about brawl still not having a release date in this news post = 5[/quote]

europe has freshly picked tingle's rosy rupeeland unlike america, yet it still leaves them with the better game >_>

Posted

Nintendo said to [url="http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=33321"]GamingIndustry[/url] that "Nintendo has just decided to release [i]Wii Fit[/i] in Europe first."

The Wii Balance Board has also been modified for Europe to accommodate 150 kg (330 lbs), compared to the 136 lbs (299 lbs) for Japan's version. Which doesn't surprise me, because Japanese people are by nature very light people, and they don't have obesity problems like the rest of the world, namely the US. I think that's why North America is getting [i]Wii Fit[/i] last.

Posted

I don't see why that should be a problem, Europeans can easily be just as fat as some Americans...

Posted

[quote name='Lightly Dark Garo Master' post='122227' date='Feb 20 2008, 09:05 AM']europe has freshly picked tingle's rosy rupeeland unlike america, yet it still leaves them with the better game >_>[/quote]

I want that game...What? Why are you all holding pitchforks and torches...*runs*

Posted

[quote name='Vadarth X' post='122247' date='Feb 20 2008, 04:48 PM']I want that game...What? Why are you all holding pitchforks and torches...*runs*[/quote]

i have that game, i reviewed it & it's here on the forums in the submit reviews section.

Posted

Yay i'm gonna buy mario kart wii in norway ^^D!

I think its gonna be the best game ever after smash bros brawl. :D

Posted

i hear you use the wii remote as a steering wheel.

this'll be bad since it'll be hard for me to cntrol because of the lack of weight. :fear:

Posted

actually, the control scheme is the same as brawl, 4 :D