Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo: Brawl to Europe June 6th "purely speculative"

9 posts in this topic

Posted

In a recent press statement release, Nintendo called out the rumored June 6, 2008 release date for [i]Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/i] in Europe "purely speculative".

------

Nintendo was still unclear about the game's European release date, which is still absent from the European [url="http://smashbros.com"]Smash Bros. DOJO!![/url] websites, and gave no sign of it coming out in the near future.

Nintendo of Europe gave the following statement: "This is a rumour and purely speculative. Nintendo is yet to confirm any release dates for [i]Smash Bros[/i]."

The rumor started from a Dutch gaming website, which stated Nintendo confirmed June 6 at the Micromania Game Awards.

[i]Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/i] released in Japan February 2, and will to North America March 9.

Source: [url="http://www.virginmedia.com/games/gamingnews/news-story.php?storyid=21282275"]Virgin Media[/url]

Posted

I like the fact they used speculative, if I were in charge I'd try and dispel any belief in this date by using such a word. The fact that they don't just say you're wrong, fills me with some glimmer of confidence that we will have a June release-or late May. From this info at least.

I still believe that from what has been said on the [url="http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/info/info05.html"]Smash BrosDojo[/url] site that there will be a release just over 2 months after that was originally posted, which puts us at an early May release.

Posted

[quote name='Jon Who' post='122327' date='Feb 20 2008, 02:19 PM']I still believe that from what has been said on the [url="http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/info/info05.html"]Smash BrosDojo[/url] site that there will be a release just over 2 months after that was originally posted, which puts us at an early May release.[/quote]

I doubt it. Not when [i]Wii Fit[/i] and [i]Mario Kart Wii[/i] are coming out just weeks before it. It's just not Nintendo to put out three of their top tier games out just days apart: [i]Mario Kart Wii[/i] (April 11),[i] Wii Fit[/i] (April 25) and [i]Brawl[/i] (early May, like you say). Putting out both Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit in the same month is strange enough already, and I don't think they're about to spoil them too much. It was probably to just compensate for Europe's lack of [i]Brawl[/i].

Nintendo said it would be out after the second quarter; I don't see [i]Brawl[/i] in Europe until well after June.

Posted

Dang, that sucks for you euro people that it comes out in such a long time I wonder why the delay for euro version?

Posted

yes, this is sucklich.

and whilst you candians/americans are playing brawl, well i suppose there'll be less of you all on the site..............

which means....

more time to redeem my high score in snake :evil:

Posted

:D :D :D i gather from research that its coming out between may 1st and june 6th :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :biggrin:

Posted

Aww, one day after my birthday =]

Posted

Well one can dream. And if Nintendo are releasing two major things near each other who's to say they won't make it three. That would make up for the major delay, really I'm just fed up that if Sir Josh is correct then we've moved from a first quarter to a second quarter release.

Posted

it was down as 2nd quarter anyway, but that's April to June, so it can still be out in April. Yes it would seem wierd to have a third top class games out on the wii at the same time, but why should it be delayed?