Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fils-Aime: Brawl to EU... Fall 2008

14 posts in this topic

Posted

In a podcast interviewwith 1Up, Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime delivered the following statement: "They [Europe] don't get [i]Smash Brothers[/i] until fall."

------

1Up asked Fils-Aime in the podcast why Europe was getting [i]Wii Fit[/i] and [i]Mario Kart Wii[/i] before North America. He replied by saying, "Yeah, but they don't get [i]Smash Brothers[/i] until fall."

The alleged reason? Nintendo simply can't produce the discs, and that they're already struggling with meeting the demand for the game in North America, where it hits shelves March 9th. Opening up new factories to increase production was cited as "costly" and ultimately "wasteful in the long run".

According to the seasonal calendar, Fils-Aime's statement implies that [i]Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/i] won't be coming to Europe until mid-September of this year at the very earliest.

Source: [url="http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=183203"]CVG[/url]

Posted

Ouch >.<

But...why "costly" and ultimately "wasteful in the long run".?

I mean..they are sure to get a lot of purchases already, right?

Posted

that's a shame.... my birthday's early september. =(

Posted

He didn't actually say that. He said it had been pushed out of the winter/spring timeframe, so it could still be in June

In fact your source now even confirms that.

However, in light of there still not being a date, I will probabbly now import an American wiito get brawl. I assume it's now going to be June at the earliest, so 3 months makes it worthwhile for me...

Posted

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! that suckz!!!! I hate it, but I am happy that we get mario kart and wii fit early.

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='124291' date='Feb 26 2008, 02:01 PM']He didn't actually say that. He said it had been pushed out of the winter/spring timeframe, so it could still be in June

In fact your source now even confirms that.

However, in light of there still not being a date, I will probabbly now import an American wiito get brawl. I assume it's now going to be June at the earliest, so 3 months makes it worthwhile for me...[/quote]

And if your Wii's region differs from the game's region you would have to buy mod-chips which is technically illegal!

..... To hell with it! ILLEGAL FTW!

Posted

:fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: forgive me for this.....

NINTENDO IS A BIG BUNCH OF D***S SERIOUSALY THEY ARE ACTING GAY ABOUT IT I MEAN "THEY WONT GET IT TILL FALL" ISN'T A RESPONCE
IM GONNA REGRET THIS BUT NINTENDO ARE F**KING GAY AS WELL AS STUPID.ITS OK WHEN ITS MARIO AND SONIC OR ZELDA PHANTOM HOURGLASS BUT 7 MONTHS IM GONNA KILL THE GUY WHO OWNS THE COMPANY

Posted

[quote name='lord jabu jabu' post='124300' date='Feb 26 2008, 04:45 PM']:fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: forgive me for this.....

NINTENDO IS A BIG BUNCH OF D***S SERIOUSALY THEY ARE ACTING GAY ABOUT IT I MEAN "THEY WONT GET IT TILL FALL" ISN'T A RESPONCE
IM GONNA REGRET THIS BUT NINTENDO ARE F**KING GAY AS WELL AS STUPID.ITS OK WHEN ITS MARIO AND SONIC OR ZELDA PHANTOM HOURGLASS BUT 7 MONTHS IM GONNA KILL THE GUY WHO OWNS THE COMPANY[/quote]

Whilst I am increasingly annoyed with constant delays, that's going a bit far. I they can't make something then it's hardly they're fault, people aren't happy about the lack of consoles in the first place-but they don't react like that. That throws [url="http://xkcd.com/186/"]this xkcd comic[/url] (language warning) into the dirt...and xkcd can't be wrong. Can it?

Posted

Oh well, as long as we'll get it eventually.

Posted

[quote name='Jon Who' post='124304' date='Feb 26 2008, 06:03 PM']Whilst I am increasingly annoyed with constant delays, that's going a bit far. I they can't make something then it's hardly they're fault, people aren't happy about the lack of consoles in the first place-but they don't react like that. That throws [url="http://xkcd.com/186/"]this xkcd comic[/url] (language warning) into the dirt...and xkcd can't be wrong. Can it?[/quote]
phh..... everyones a critict

Posted

That's all I do see, criticize and point out holes in everything.

Posted

Dang that sucks but i wont get brawl for a while seeing i have more things i need to get *cough* *cough* Gears of War 2 *cough*

Posted

[quote name='Spartan of Hylia' post='124496' date='Feb 26 2008, 10:53 PM']Dang that sucks but i wont get brawl for a while seeing i have more things i need to get *cough* *cough* Gears of War 2 *cough*[/quote]

what are you gonna do between March and November then?

Posted

I don't care.